friend or love

Ticking Clock; Collection of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 1 minute -

{friend or love}

 

{A/N} In case someone was wondering, I had been re-editing the story. The storyline was the same expect for the sentences. I felt embarrassed by my old writing since it was so lacking and have so many grammars mistakes so I re-edit it back. 15/6/2014

It quite long since I post in one chapter unlike before I devide in half. For new readers, enjoy and do comment it.

 

 

 

“Ssul, ssul, look!”  A young figure, beautiful slim named Jung Krystal said as she pointed at one guy who was currently playing basketball with feeling a little excited.

                Sulli looked at the direction her best friend pointed toward to, knowing whom it was. It wasn’t that hard. Krystal can only be excited with one thing. Lee Taemin. “It’s Taemin isn’t it?” she asked, slightly chuckled.

                Krystal giggled, eyes still fixed on that current one man. Taemin was playing basketball with his friends, his other good looking friends, but to her, Taemin shined more. Her eyes can’t help but to spot him. “Yup, you guess it right!”

“I’m your best friend after all.” Sulli said. Her words hurt herself. She felt nothing more than guilty.

Krystal smiled and hugged Sulli. “I love you so much.” She expressed herself. “Isn’t he cute?” her eyes still fixed toward Taemin.

“I knew that.” Sulli said. You told me millions of time. “Come on,” she then released the grip of Krystal and dragged Krystal out from the field. “Recess is almost over.”

 

 

 

 

There was her, Sulli sat beside her love, her boyfriend in a park far from her neighbourhood. She was in a date – a secret date. Her relationship was a secret, no one knew even Krystal. It made Sulli felt wrong. Guilty more than ever because the man she was in relationship was Lee Taemin.

Sulli didn’t mean it kept it as a secret. She didn’t mean to lie. Every relationship started off unsure and unstable. Two months before, Taemin had asked her out and of course she said yes. She was after all had a slightly crush on the man. The relationship started off nice and secretly. She wanted to be sure, and Taemin didn’t mind. They dated and were happy with it. In fact Sulli felt her life complete with him beside her. She felt in love with him.

Thing can never be perfect. Sulli didn’t really expect it. How could she? Just one day, that one day, when she was talking with Krystal, Krystal out of nowhere confessed that she had a feeling for Taemin. Sulli was shock, she was stunned. She couldn’t say a word. She couldn’t say that Taemin been dating with her, that Taemin was her boyfriend. The look of Krystal was so pure, so innocent, that Sulli didn’t let out any words to say it; that Taemin was hers. She didn’t want to break her best friend’s heart.

“Will you help me, Ssul?” Krystal asked with her puppy eyes.

“W-what?”

“Make Taemin like me.”

“Ah?” Sulli was getting more shock than before. Unknowingly, she said the word that she regretted it so much. “Sure, I-I’ll help you.”

Sulli had her words, cursed her stupid mind for agreed. She helped Krystal to be close with Taemin. She even pleaded Taemin to pretend and Taemin agreed. They acted like stranger in front of Krystal. It hurt, but she didn’t know how to set things up now that it became more complicated.

“What should we do?” Sulli asked. “What should I do?” she asked again.

Taemin sighed. “This wouldn’t happen if you tell her about us?” he sound slightly annoyed.

Sulli turned her head toward Taemin and glared at him. “Isn’t that easy, kay?”

“I’m sorry, kay?” Taemin moved his hand and gently patted Sulli’s head which made the girl felt less tense than before. “I just think it’s gone too far. The longer we do this, the deeper Krystal will hurt.”

“I’m scare.”

“Be brave or you want me to be with Krystal?” Taemin raised his eyebrow.

“Oppa!” Sulli pouted, so disliked with Taemin teased with such.

Taemin giggled. “I’m just kidding.” He pinched Sulli’s nose. “My love is only for Choi Sulli.”

 

 

 

 

“Good morning, Krystal.”

Krystal, whom was reading, felt startled by the sudden voice. She was in the library, reading with focus. No one really disturbed her from the moment she entered the library. She looked up from her book. What do I expect? Of course it’s him. “Choi Minho.” She glared.

Minho still continued on smiling. He had already immune with Krystal’s glare. It was nothing. “Sorry.” He said as he put down his books and sat in front of her.

Krystal rolled his eyes. Although she was unpleased with the present of Choi Minho, the library wasn’t hers. She didn’t any words and continued reading her books.

“Ice princess indeed,” Minho mumbled but loud enough for Krystal to hear. Even so, Krystal didn’t say a word. Minho felt relief and happy. At least she didn’t kick me out. Along the time, he continued on peaking on Krystal.

 

 

 

 

“Will you stop following me?” Krystal finally annoyed with Minho whom she noticed to seem walking behind her. She assumed Minho was following him like he always did.

“Hey, I didn’t follow you, kay?” Minho smiled and shrugged. “We just coincidently walk in the same direction.” He stated matter of fact.

“Fine then!” Krystal gave up so easily. She didn’t really want to continue on arguing with Minho, the one who kept on annoyed her in every way. She turned away from Minho and continue her walk toward her destination; the Student Council room.

Krystal stood in front of the door, and knocked it. She waited for a que for her enter the room, which she then opened the door and walked in. “Hey, guys.” She carefully peaked inside and smiled with the happiness of her voice.

“Hey, Krys.” It was Taemin and Sulli.

“You must be bored, huh?” Sulli chuckled at her friend.

Krystal the chuckled, “Yes I am.”

“Bored, you can hang out with me, Krys.” Minho, out of nowhere said. “For you, I’m free all the time.” He smirked.

Krystal was startled by Minho’s voice. She turned back, knowing Minho was right behind her. How could she not notice it? “And I thought,” she begun said, folding her arms across her chest. “You said you didn’t follow me?” she raised her eyebrow.

Minho smirked. “That my girl, I never lie.”

Krystal rolled her eyes, annoyed. “What are you doing here then?”

“In case you forgotten, I’m a member of the Student Council. I have my rights to be here.” Minho said, in the matter of facts. He moved, walked forward toward Krystal who was standing not far from him.

More annoyed than before, Krystal raised her eyebrow and looked at the tall man in front of her. “What is it frog?”

“Frog?” Minho was taken back with it. “What’s that suppose to mean?”

Krystal smirked. “Your eyes are big enough to be called a frog. It’s a fact.”

Sensing something would turn worse and wrong, Taemin sighed and stood up. He quickly walked toward Krystal and Minho who seem to be in a mist of fighting. Air was tense. Stood between them, he quickly said, “No fighting please.”

Like a magic, as if they were being in spell, both of them stopped fighting. Krystal let it slid since she didn’t want to fight in front of Taemin. She didn’t want to upset the man. Minho, in the order hand, he too didn’t want to fight with Krystal. How could he? He liked the girl by a lot. Having a crush on her would define him.

Even if Krystal hated or seemed to dislike him, he didn’t mind. Minho would never give up on trying. It wasn’t his nature. He believed soon or later, if he tried hard enough, Krystal might open her heart for him.

“Minho, wanna go to cafe together with us?” Taemin asked, snapped Minho from his thought.

“Sure.”

“Why invite him?” Krystal let out her displease.

Sulli shook her head. “Just let Minho joins, Krys.” She then dragged Krystal out from the room and Krystal just gave up.

 

 

 

 

Krystal sipped her drink, strawberry shake. She then turned toward Taemin who sat right beside her. “Taemin,” she called out, her voice turned gentle for sudden. “I heard that you’re in charge on the festival. I-” she asked, making her way to build up a conversation with Taemin.

Krystal liked Taemin without any doubt. She didn’t know how it happened. She didn’t know when it started. She didn’t know why she got attracted with the man. Love is mysteriously weird. Krystal wasn’t good with love things or about crushes hence she had asked Sulli about it. For Sulli to help her, but oddly, Sulli was behaving different which she couldn’t figure out why. Every time she asked Sulli to help to set a date with Taemin or something related, Sulli seemed to busy herself out.

Krystal and Taemin were talking happily. Sulli somehow couldn’t bear to look at it. In front of others it seemed like tow friends talking to each other about school related. It was nothing wrong, Krystal didn’t even flirt with Taemin, and Sulli could saw that. Even so, her heart wasn’t in her control anymore. She felt jealous. She could just tell Krystal the truth and ended it but still, she was afraid. She was afraid what could happen if she told the truth. She had betrayed her best friend. It was something that unforgiving.

“That’s awesome!”

Minho thought that he could have one step closer toward Krystal but obviously he was being ignored. He repeated himself that he didn’t mind, that he was okay but reality, he wasn’t. It hurt.

The sound of Taemin and Krystal’s voices filled the air with the clacking sound from Sulli’s spoon collided with the plate as she was eating her chocolate mousse cake. Minho felt slightly lonely. He watched as Krystal happily talked with Taemin. By looking at her eyes, stalking her every moment that he could, he knew Krystal had a feeling toward Taemin. Krystal liked the man. Watching Krystal happy, it did made him felt happy, but he knew it will made him happier if Krystal talked like that toward him without any frowning and annoyance. Of course, it was only a dream but even though for only 0.1% chance, he prayed for it to be true.

 

 

 

 

“Welcome home, my dear.”

Krystal walked in and hugged her mother. “Hi, mom.” She then released the hug and walked up the stairs toward her room. She opened her door and walked in. She sat down on her bed and lay down. Felt tired and sleepy in the same time.  She closed her eyes to take a good nap before dinner, but then she opened her eyes back. She sighed as she repositioned herself, comfortably. She closed her eyes back, forcing herself to sleep since she was really tired but then she opened her eyes back. She couldn’t sleep.

Krystal stared at the ceiling for awhile. Her mind drifted from the west ocean to the east. She let her hand out in air and wrote Minho’s name in air. “Min-ho,” she spelt. Finished it, she sighed again. She puffed her cheeks and thought back the Minho she saw at the cafe.

Minho’s glaze was different than Krystal used to see. The way that Minho looked at her made her felt slightly uneasy. She wondered what it was. She knew Minho loved to and joking around with her – not that she like it – and also loved to follow her around, but she never seen Minho was quite. “Is he always like that?” she wondered.

Krystal lay to her side. In front of her eyes was her small table that consisted of little things that she put – lamp, phone and a frame. Her eyes looked at the frame and stared for awhile. It was a picture of her smiling with Sulli besides her making a peace sign.

Krystal then recalled the Sulli at the cafe. Sulli was awfully quite as she remembered. “What’s with everyone?” she mumbled, confused. She wondered if Sulli had a problem since she could tell something was off with the girl. Usually if Sulli had a problem, Sulli would tell her, but she heard nothing. “Did I do something wrong?” she mumbled.

 

 

 

 

Two days had gone pretty much fast. A letter arrived for Krystal from her sister who studied in LA. She felt happy of course, but the content wasn’t really bright her day.

To forget for awhile about her sister, Krystal wanted to cheer herself up. She got an instant idea and made her way toward Sulli. “Hey, Ssul.” She knocked on Sulli’s table as she noticed Sulli seemed to be day dreaming. As Sulli responded to her, Krystal asked, “Wanna come with me to see Taemin?” indeed, to her, by seeing Taemin, it would make her happy. People who fell in love have a weird way of thinking.

Sulli shook her head, indicating a ‘no’ answer. She smiled – a fake smile. “I-I don’t want to disturb you guys.”

“Okay then,” Krystal looked at Sulli weirdly. She raised her eyebrow, “Are you okay, Ssul? You look pale.”

“No, I’m alright.”

 “But you didn’t look alright to me?” Krystal was begun to feel concern. “Let’s go to the im-”

“-Krys,” Sulli cut Krystal off which made Krystal was taken back with it. “I’m okay.” She said, gave Krystal her ensure smile. “I thought you want to see Taemin. Just go.”

“Al-alright,” Krystal moved one step backward, stared at Sulli. What’s got into her? Sulli’s voice sound, displeased with her.

 

 

 

 

It was one week after that; Sulli had been ignoring Krystal whenever Krystal asked her to meet up with Taemin. For one whole week, they weren’t talk that much and their distance been further than ever. Sulli noticed it; Krystal seemed to be very careful with her. She knew though, it was her fault it had turned like that. She didn’t mean to, but her emotions, was out of control.

“Sulli, would you mind tell me why aren’t you telling Krystal yet?” Taemin questioned Sulli. Time was ticking off and he hated that he had to pretend that they were nothing.

“I-I can’t.” Sulli said. Her tears was begun to threaten to fall from her eye lids. “I-I don’t know but I really want to tell her.” As she couldn’t held it much longer, the pure liquid fell called tears streamed down her cheeks. She cried.

Taemin sighed. No one liked it when their girlfriend cried. It was one of the worse. He moved his hand and wiped her tears. “Don’t cry.” He softly said with his gentle voice.

“Tae, I really want to tell her so badly. I don’t like lying. I dislike this feeling. I-” Sulli choked with her owns tears. She was crying badly, feeling so hurtful than ever.

Taemin let out a sigh. He never knew that Sulli would be having a hard time. He felt guilty. He had let Sulli did all the work and didn’t really help her less the burden. “Let’s tell her now.” He said.

Shocked by Taemin’s words, Sulli stopped from crying. “N-now?”

Taemin nodded his head.

“B-but, I-I’m not ready yet.”

Liked it not, Taemin knew he had to be strict with Sulli that time. “No, we had to her now, or it will be worse if she know by herself.”

“But-”

“-No buts, Ssul.” Taemin patted gently her head. “I’ll be by your side, we in this together. Krystal need know-”

“-know what?”

It’s a question that cut off Taemin’s words, a question that wasn’t come from Sulli’s mouth, and a question that shocked both Taemin and Sulli.

Sulli and Taemin, both of them looked toward the direction of the voice as they felt a presence of someone beside them. As their eyes collided with the person’s eyes, both of them froze as if they saw a monster. Sulli turned pale, white in colour. “Kr-Krystal,”

There was, Krystal stood with her face fierce than ever, indicating with her nickname the ice princess. She was walking by when suddenly she heard someone was saying her name. She wanted to peak who was probably gossiping about her when what she was something on she expected. Sulli with Taemin, so close with each other more than she ever saw them. “Is there something that I shouldn’t know?”

Before Sulli could answer, Krystal was fast enough to say, “That you guys date each other?” she never knew, there was a day where she attacked her own best friend. Life is weird.

Sulli build up her strength. She gathered it all. She needed to make things right the way it was, for everyone to be happy. “Krystal,” she walked toward Krystal and held her hand.

Krystal felt unhappy. She felt betrayed. Sulli didn’t denied, never did Taemin. I guess it’s true. Her mind was pretty much mess up and she couldn’t think straight. “Let go of my hand!” she shouted.

Sulli let go of Krystal’s hand, seeing how mad Krystal was. “I can explain.”

Krystal looked away. She wanted to cry but she can’t. She prevented herself from crying. She didn’t say a word but stood still. She knew and she understood that the rule of problem was to listen.

Taemin could only stand and looked at both of the girls. He hated himself for not doing anything. He couldn’t help Sulli. I hope this goes well.

“You see,” Sulli had begun, felt grateful that Krystal didn’t leave and chose to stay even though Krystal didn’t look at her in face. “Taemin and I had date around two months ago. It was a secret at first because I wasn’t sure about our relationship. No one knew about this. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter