Eleven.

Not Letting Go Till You Cheer Up Just Right.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m home” you announced taking off your shoes.

Not getting any response as expected, you walked towards the kitchen where you see your mother cooking and your little stepbrother at the breakfast table.

“I’m home” you repeated.

“You’re late” your mother snapped not averting her attention from the soybean stew she was making.

“Yea you’re late, you pabo!” added from the 6 year old rudely.

“Don’t pay attention to her Yoo Geun” your mother chided “Why don’t you go and wash up for dinner. Then we’ll wait for daddy for dinner hmm?” she crooned caressing the small boy affectionately.

“Arraso Omma” he beamed getting off the tall stool.

You stepped aside from the entrance for the younger to walk out. However before he left he stomped onto your right foot hard and stuck out his tongue at you before running away giggling maniacally.

“Aish” you winced grabbing onto your foot.

“What are you doing still standing there?” your mother barked “Get up there before my husband comes home”

“Yes omma” you nodded timidly.

Your mother rolled her eyes at you and turned back to the stove without a second glance. Dejected you went up the stairs into your room. After closing the door of your bedroom, you leaned back with a sigh. Then as if the heavens heard you, your phone started ringing.

You fished it out from your skirt and smiled at the caller’s name on your screen. You jogged to your study table where your turquoise coloured blue tooth earpiece was and wore it before answering the phone.

“Evening Ms Seo” the velvety voice greeted on the other end.

“Evening” you answered grinning.

“I was just checking whether the royal highness has reached her sleeping chambers or not”

“Indeed I have” you giggled walking towards your windows and pulled back the curtains grinning at the view outside.

“Well that put my worries at ease” Jae smiled from his window next door looking healthy as a horse. He was wearing the similar earpiece but in the colour of ocean blue instead “I’ve missed you” he winked.

“We just saw each other 15 minutes ago” you said leaning onto your windowsill.

“More reasons to miss you!” he exclaimed making you laugh.

“Don’t you have to help with dinner?” you chided beaming.

“Halmeoni can wait for me for a couple of minutes” he shrugged.

“Go and help oppa” you chuckled.

“Fine” he groaned playfully “I’ll call again tonight” he promised.

“And I’ll be right here waiting” you smiled.

“Bye baby” he soften “You’re beautiful! Don’t you dare forget that” he added

“I won’t” you smiled bashfully.

“Oh and Kyungri?” he added.

“Yea?”

“Wake up” he said.

“What?” you laughed.

“Wake up!!!” he screamed.

You gasped as you woke up abruptly. Panting you looked around you and noticed that you were at the hospital. You were sitting next to the bed and must have dozed off for a few minutes. After calming youself, you looked back at the owner of the bed and soften. He was wearing a neck cast with his head all bandaged up and so was his chest where his ribs were. Plus the cast on his right arm was proof that it was broken. You swallowed back a sob as you caress his face slightly.

“Excuse me miss” a voice called startling you “Visiting hours are over. I’m afraid I have to ask you to leave” the nurse informed politely.

“Of course” you nodded as you scrambled to collect your things. You paused as your eyes caught hold onto the music sheets that you had collected from before on his bedside table.

“Miss?” the nurse called again.

“Is it safe for me to leave these he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter