INCEPTION

Masquerade of the Fallen Angels

March, 2008

 

 

First day at school at Woollim high. All kind of expensive cars dropped students in front of the school's gate.

Light chats were heard all around the school. Students were greeting each other, some didn't meet the whole break, some were close enough to meet every day and some just met recently during the school’s workshop. The school didn't have many students and due to the extreme large space it was almost impossible for them to meet daily, even tho, the students were all familiar with each other.

 

They were all wearing the school's uniform: a white button up, a red blazer, a navy blue neck tie, navy blue pants for boys and skirts for girls. Simply chic, with defined texture, it made whoever wore it proud and self-confident.

 

Five minutes before the bell rang, classes started to fill up with students.

 

In class 2-1, the classmates were chatting in groups like usual. Bora and Krystal were having a fun time teasing Myungsoo when some stupid tall boy decided it was a great thing to burst through the glass door screaming, annoying all his classmates.

 

“Yah Yah!! Big news big news!! ” He stopped to catch his breath since he probably run all the way to class.

 

"Oh God! He’s at it again! What is it? " Bora knew it was some useless rumor as usual.

 

"You guys won't believe this!"

 

"Why bother telling us then? "

 

"It's unbelievable but it's true.” he replied with too much enthusiasm.

 

"Tell us already, we don't have the whole day!" his classmates were getting impatient.

 

"We have a transfer student. A new classmate." he stopped for a moment anticipating their reaction. His tone was serious but everyone scoffed at his words.

 

"Does that even make sense?!"

"He finally lost it"

"What a jokester!"

"Did you hit your head somewhere?"

It was an unspoken truth, no one took Sungyeol seriously.

 

"Yah Lee Sungyeol! Say something that makes sense! " Bora finally yelled at him "I told you to stop spreading rumors  before, didn't I?"

 

"I swear it's not a..."

 

"Sungyeol-goon I think I warned you before about standing in my position! " he was cut mid-sentence by the teacher.

 

"I'm sorry Miss Amy" he bowed politely and run to take his seat next to Bora. The other students were already in their seats.

 

"I think we still have some unsettled matters, Sungyeol, but I heard your team won first place in the school's workshop so I'll let it pass this time. It’s a shame I missed the performance. Something came up so I had to come back, I hope you had a lot of fun in my absence, since it was your last chance before the two upcoming years."

 

She smiled hearing the heavy sigh her students released. The young woman was laying her papers and handbag on her desk when a light knock came from the door and the principal entered. Students rose to greet him as he stood next to Miss Amy.

 

"You might be questioning my sudden visit. Actually, starting today you'll be having a new classmate."  He got the students by surprise, except for Sungyeol, who gave whoever looked at him the I-told-you look.

 

"Sunggyu-ah, come in."

 

'Sunggyu?' the name caught Bora's attention. 'It can't be…'

 

Before she could totally deny her doubts, they were proved right by the entrance of the dashing teenage boy.

He walked in slowly and confidently, sporting the simple uniform with a pair of branded limited edition sneakers and one expensive backpack hanging on his left shoulder.

Sungyeol squinted his eyes looking at the new kid, "wait a second, isn't that.." he turned to Bora in shock, but her facial expression was no better than his, full of confusion with a dropping jaw.

 

A "Waaah~~" was heard from a bunch of girls, they were totally enchanted by his appearance, but the magic flew away once he introduced himself.

 

"Hello, I'm Kim Sunggyu, I'm a transfer student from Beverly Hills High school. Nice to meet you." he waved his hand slightly and forced his lips upward for an awkward smile, his discomfort as obvious as the sunlight.

 

The class fell in a deadly silence, the students still processing the news.

 

"Sunggyu, you can take the vacant seat at the back." she pointed at the seat's direction, and with a final bow he proceeded to it. It was just behind Sungyeol and next to Myungsoo.

 

The principal left after having a few words with the teacher.

"So let's get to real things. Last year was nothing compared to this year, you have to work ten times harder to secure your position in this school. You're going to have many projects since you're majoring in music so be prepared. Good luck and work hard everyone. Now I'll let you get ready for your next period. Class dismissed. "

 

As soon as she left a loud commotion broke in the classroom.

 

"What is this?!"

"The crazy one was right!"

"Isn't that against the school policy?"

 

All kind of objections broke between the students, and many of them left in anger.

 

But Sunggyu didn't pay attention to all of that, as he was enjoying Bora's reaction. She approached him and poked his shoulder, as if she was afraid of him.

 

"Is this you?! For real? I'm not dreaming right?!"

 

"I think he's real but if you want, I still can pinch you, maybe it will make you believe it." Sungyeol joked, he himself was still in disbelief.

 

"You're Lee Sungyeol right? Bora told me a lot about you." Sunggyu offered his hand for a handshake.

 

"Yeah, me too, we finally met, Kim Sunggyu." The red-headed shook his hand, grinning.

 

"And you're probably Kim Myungsoo and krystal." He turned to the two standing next to the red headed boy.

 

"I guess no introduction is needed, nice to meet you." Krystal gave him a wide smile as well.

 

"Nice to meet you." unlike the others, Myungsoo bowed slightly, his facial expression not changing at all.

 

"Nice to meet you too." Myungsoo's cold greetings didn't flatten Sunggyu's smile, he expected that much.

“Yah what are you doing here!” Bora finally woke up from her trance. “How dare you not tell me about this and just pop out of nowhere?!” She launched towards him and started hitting him with her notebook. He tried his best to hide his laugh while acting all hurt. The trio were giggling so hard at the sight, lightning the atmosphere that was already dark by their classmates’ death glares.

 

The five friends didn’t look like strangers at all. In fact, the trio knew a lot about Sunggyu even if it was their first time meeting. Same goes for Sunggyu. They felt like they knew each other for a long time, and it was all thanks to one chatting box called Yoon Bora.

 

She was the connecting bridge between them. Sunggyu was her childhood friend. They first met during elementary school and their friendship lasted since then. After he moved to live in the US, she met Sungyeol and he became her best friend.

Krystal and Myungsoo on the other hand were just neighbors.

The four met in few occasions by coincidence, since they had the same interests, but never talked much.

Their non-existing relationship evolved to friendship during their last year in middle school, and since then they became inseparable, a clique.

 

Being that close with them made it impossible for Bora to talk to Sunggyu without bringing them up in every conversation, and he too, was mentioned a lot in their conversations.  Thus, their first meeting wasn’t the slightest awkward, if anything, it felt like a best friends’ reunion.

 

First period went smoothly for Sunggyu, as long as you exclude the itching feeling he had of being watched. It wasn’t just a feeling, he was watched. His classmates probably found him more interesting than the lesson.

 

After class, Myungsoo, Bora and Krystal had some club activities, so Sungyeol started dragging him from here to there, showing him around. And the feeling continued through the school tour.

If you ask Sunggyu, he’d say that Sungyeol can make a very good walking GPS. The guy knew every inch of the 4 buildings, no not just the buildings but living beings too, plants and animals included.

From the use of every space, the staff’s personalities, the students’ personal life to the history of the school, without leaving anything out.

The school had five different building blocks. First one was for the administration, where he had his audition. It had a meeting hall, a conference room, a cafeteria and many other offices.

Second building, where he had his first period, was for the music department, the third for the dance department and the fourth for the acting department. The three buildings had a lot in common; first levels had only lockers and bathrooms, second levels had classrooms, third levels had training studios, just for students, and the basements had auditoriums. But there was some differences based on their purpose. Like how the dance studios and the acting studios were more spacious and emptier than the music studios, same goes for the classrooms.

“What are the auditoriums for?” He felt the need to ask this question.

 “Well they have two purposes, first one is tests, unfortunately. You probably know by now that we don’t have many paper tests. Mainly, the performances we present in here are considered as the most important ones. But anyone can attend these testes, as long as they’re part of the school. ”

 

Sunggyu wasn’t a big fan of the idea but wasn’t that bothered either. He never suffered from stage fright in his life and will never do.

They both got tired so they decided to rest a little. Sungyeol led Sunggyu in the forest-like garden that was separating the fourth building from the others. They sat on a bench under a palm tree, as he took out two banana milk bottles from his backpack, giving one to Sunggyu. The latter accepted it with a grateful smile. He hadn’t seen this since he was little, he remembers how he used to nag his brother the whole day to get him one. He drawn himself in the memorie, as he watched the natural beauty surrounding him. The trees from all kinds, the yellow flower bushes, the ground covered with the green grass, the rocky path and the chilling wind, it all felt so relaxing and comfortable.

But it was all ruined by the tall boy's loud gasp.

"Daebak! Look at this! You're the school's talk!" he handed him his mobile phone.

 

"What is this?" It was a Facebook page with a load of his pictures taken that morning, mainly with the headmaster or with Sungyeol.

 

"It's our school's private group. Only students are allowed to be members in it. That's the main source for rumors and right now everyone is speaking about you. Wow their photography skills improved a lot!!"

 

Unlike Sungyeol, he was more interested in whatever they were saying about him. Things like  "Kim Sunggyu, who are you?", "A transfer student in our school? That’s a first", "How did he get in? I smell something illegal, bribe? Maybe", "Can you imagine how wealthy this guy is?"...

 

He couldn't continue reading anymore, he was afraid to lose his temper at some point, so he gave back the phone to its owner.

 

"I wonder what will their reaction be when they get to know my family background?" he smirked dejectedly.

 

"They forget easily don't worry. They're always like that at first but once you prove to them that you deserve being in here, they'll accept you as one of them." Sungyeol tried to reassure him.

"You wanna convince me that they don't care about social classes? Don’t be silly."

 

"No they do care, but most of them surprisingly have an appreciation for talent. I've been there before, when they learned that I had a scholarship, a charity case.” His expression became more serious. “They said all kind of harsh things like ‘you’re here thanks to our money’ and ‘you don’t deserve this why don’t you just leave’ or ‘how shameless!’ I felt like a beggar all that time, but once they saw my performances and my marks their point of view changed quickly. They started treating me differently and some of them even apologized. Now I get along with almost everyone.”

 

“So being poor is unacceptable here, so is being rich? How’s that?” he asked sarcastically.

 

“Some of them have been working their asses off since they were little to pass the audition. I won’t imagine the amount of money they paid for private lessons and music academies. While someone like me, who never did any of this, got accepted and for free. As for you, they think that you got in unfairly aka used connections and bribes.”

 

"They're not totally wrong anyways, they only gave me the chance to audition because of my father.”

 

"But that doesn't change the fact that you deserve it either. Bora showed us some of your gigs and I have to admit, you can easily be in the top five students with that voice and talent." Sungyeol gave him two thumbs up.

 

"I'm disappointed, I thought you're going to say I could make it to the first place."

 

"That, my friend, can be probably impossible, there's someone you can't beat. My sincere condolence."

 

"You just wait and see, what Kim Sunggyu is capable of."

 

"Bora said something before, about you being very modest. I think she doesn't know you very well." he shook his head in disappointment.

 

"What!! Do you think I’m cocky?! Me?!" Sunggyu pointed to himself, his eyes full of innocence.

 

"Oh look at the time! It's lunch time and I'm so hungry! C'mon let's go!" Sungyeol tried to escape quickly. If there's anything he couldn't resist in his life was aegyo, and Sunggyu at that time looked so squishy, like a little kid, or a hamster.

 

They carried on to the furthest building. The first level was the school's cafeteria while the two top floors had the clubs' rooms.

 

"This is the school's cafeteria?! You sure it's not a five stars restaurant?!" that's the first thing came out of Sunggyu's mouth when he went inside.

 

The whole school was luxurious in fact, but the cafeteria was on a whole different level. The extremely designed interior said it all; the wooden flooring, the lightning ceiling, the mahogany tables bordered with the comfy chairs. Sunggyu just couldn't stop looking around while waiting for his food.

  

"You're going to break your neck if you keep doing that, here your lunch."

He took the tray from Sungyeol, analyzing the food, trying his best to stop himself from drooling.

 

"What's with that look?! First time seeing fancy food?! I thought you were rich! " The red-headed asked in amusement.

 

"This exceeded my expectations." Sunggyu followed him through the place.

"Wait to see this." Sungyeol said while pushing the backdoor, letting him get out first, and Sunggyu understood what he meant right away.

The door led to a smaller garden, with fewer trees but many flower bushes and many wooden tables were scattered here and there. Some students were already settled, eating and chatting.

"We get to eat outside since the weather is getting warmer. Let's go, our table is waiting for us."

The table Sungyeol mentioned was an isolated table of six, in the very end of the garden, under a big tree and next to a little roman water fountain.  It was very peaceful, and Sunggyu liked it very much. But that was until Bora joined them.

She started by teasing him and bringing up some embarrassing memories from his childhood but then she got engaged in a conversation with Krystal about some famous idol group. Myungsoo on the other hand was so engrossed in his lunch, ignoring Sungyeol's continuous blabbering. Sunggyu kept eating silently too, only speaking when needed.

 

"Are they always like that?" he whispered to Myungsoo.

"Why do you think this area is deserted?”

Sunggyu looked around. The closest table was five meters away, both tables separated by the water fountain, and it was empty.

“It has nothing to do with being special and that crap, they're just too loud." He then hit Sungyeol's head with his spoon.

"AHH WHY?!" Sungyeol screamed in protest, rubbing the abused spot.

"Stop speaking with your mouth full for god's sake and be quiet for a little bit!" Myungsoo yelled at him, surprising everyone. It was quiet for a moment before everyone cracked up, laughing their heads off.

 

After a month of eating junk food in a huge penthouse all alone most of the times, made him appreciate the loud lunch, even tho the scrutinizing looks of the other students never left him.

 

 

 

 

As soon as he stepped out of the school's gates, Sunggyu let out a sigh of relief. The long school day finally came to an end.

"That's only the beginning bro!" Sungyeol tapped his shoulder. Sunggyu shook it off, glaring at him.

"A big thank you for the useless information that I already know." Sungyeol grinned in satisfaction.

"So... You're coming with us or no?" Bora asked him.

"Of course, I need to greet ahjusshi anyways."

"What about your father?"

Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders, which was a more than enough answer for her.

"Okay, let's get going! We can't miss the bus."

The ride to her house was as loud as the lunch, people on the bus and on the street kept eying them weirdly. But none of them paid attention to that, which made Sunggyu assume that they were used to that.

 

Bora lived with her father in a duplex house in a quiet neighborhood. The second level was all hers, it has her bedroom and a guests’ room, a kitchenette, a bathroom and a cozy living room.

 

All of them were dead tired so they just settled on the velvet long sofa, while Sungyeol was getting soda's cans for everyone from the fridge.

Bora changed her school uniform before joining them. "So, I didn't want ask you this at school, but why are you back? And most importantly why didn't you tell me?"

 

"Me?! I told you but you probably don't remember. Was it the day before you went to Japan? Anyways, I video called you, I saw you all sitting around here in this room precisely, but something was off that day, you were talking nonsense as if you were drun.." He stopped midsentence. A creepy smile crept to his lips when all of them averted their gazes away, gulping.

"OMG!! You were actually drunk!! Yoon Bora you surely grew up fast, drinking when you're still underage." He pointed at her in amusement. He saw her picking a pillow so he tried to cover his face, but the hit wasn't meant for him.

"It's all your fault! You red pepper past!" She kept hitting Sungyeol with the pillow while he kept whining like a little kid.

 

"That day we had to practice until late for the school's workshop so we agreed to spend the night here, and go to the airport together the next morning." Krystal explained. "Sungyeol brought a pack of cans saying it was an ‘exported new brand of soda’ he stole from his father's office. We only realized its true nature when we woke up late the next day in a total mess and with a head splitting headache."

"Thanks to that idiot we don't even remember our first time drinking, not even a single second." Myungsoo sighed.

"Trust me, you don't wanna remember it. It was quite a sight." Sunggyu giggled.

"What do you mean? OH! I know that look, you did something didn't you?!" Bora pointed at him.

"You know me very well don't you?" He fished his phone from his pocket. "I thought it could be good black-mailing material so I saved it."

"Saved what?" Sungyeol was clueless.

Sunggyu asked them to gather around him as he opened a video file. He got a good time watching their expressions darken and their faces red in embarrassment.

 

Sunggyu did call that night and a red faced Bora answered him.

"Oh Gyu Gyu wass'up!" her voice was more high pitched than ever.

"Hey there! Are you okay?" he was concerned thinking that she was sick.

"ME! Never been better." and for no reason, she started giggling uncontrollably, before she fell back off her chair, leaving the computer’s cam on.

In the back ground, Myungsoo was having a heart talk with the wall about food and cats before it turned into a fight, Sungyeol was dancing and having a romantic moment with a cloth hanging stand while Krystal was sitting upside down on the sofa yelling ‘Are you bats or what standing on the ceiling? And stop spinning around you make me nauseous!!’

“I need to delete this! If anyone from school see this my popularity will fly away!!” Bora said dramatically while deleting the video.

“You think that’s the only copy I have?” He grinned mischievously.

“Can I have a copy?” Myungsoo’s question gained him a hit on the head from Bora.

“WHY DID YOU HIT ME! IT WAS OUR FIRST TIME DRINKING WHAT’S WRONG WITH HAVING A PROOF OF IT!!” That was the second time Myungsoo yelled that day and it startled Sunggyu, a little.

“Don’t worry that’s the real Myungsoo, it’s a shame we don’t get to see him very often. By the way, Can I have a copy too?!” Sungyeol whispered the last part, Bora heard him anyways.

“Let’s keep that aside for now, I’ll deal with it later. Now stop avoiding my question, why are you back?” she used a firm tone, making everyone go silent.

“Isn’t obvious?!” he winked at her.

“I know you got yourself into trouble again. It wasn’t because you miss me or your father anyways. But what’s new? You’ve always been like this. Auntie wouldn’t send you back just like that. You must screwed up really bad this time.”

“Oh! How’d you know?! You’re analyzing skills got a lot better!” He clapped for her.

“Spill it out already!!” she threatened him with another big pillow.

He looked around him, everyone was anticipating his answer. In the last ten years, Sunggyu never, not even once, came back. Bora was the one who always visited him, but for him to come like this, and not only for a holiday but for two years, it was almost impossible.

“Fine, if you’re this desperate to know I will tell, but first you must know that it wasn’t my fault but my mother refused to listen to me and took her decision without asking for my opinion as if she was waiting for this opportunity to send me away, it could’ve been better if she sent me to live in the countryside but no it had to be ...”

“JUST SAY IT!!” they all yelled at him in unison, startling him.

“Igotarrested.” His answer came quickly, almost undistinguishable, before he jumped behind the sofa, hiding.

But it was too silent for a moment, so he checked on them, finding them motionless, still processing the news.

“You weren’t expecting this, weren’t you?!” he started laughing, mocking their expressions.

“YOU GOT WHAT!!!” finally Bora regained her sense.

“Don’t worry! It was no big deal, a little misunderstanding but my mother was so mad at me at that time, you must’ve seen her.” He shivered remembering the look she gave him back then.

“WOW!! And how was it? ” Myungsoo asked him curiously.

“Thrilling! The way the police officers arrested us and how they were asking us questions, but they were a little bit harsh, it could’ve been better if they used less force.”

“Did you spend a night there or was it a few days?” Sungyeol was as curious as the other.

“Just few hours, until my mother came and paid the fine to release me.”

Apparently, only the boys were enjoying the conversation, while the two girls were shaking their heads in disapproval.

“And mind telling us why you were arrested in the first place, Sunggyu-ssi?” Bora asked him.

“Nothing out of normal. We were performing as usual in a bar but some rude customer picked a fight with us, someone called the police and we all got arrested. It was all fine until they found my fake ID.”

 “Let me guess, Heecheul was the one who gave you that? I told you to stop hanging with them, you’ll always be in trouble as long as you’re their friend!”

“Stop being jealous Bora! They seemed like cool guys and you yourself said that they’re talented and kind!” 

“I never asked for your opinion, you useless red pepper paste!!”

“Stop calling me that already! You were the one who chose the color anyways!”

 

And the loud bickering continued for the whole afternoon, through dinner and until everyone left except for Sunggyu.

 

“You’re father still not back? Still working for his bad old boss” They were in front of the house, waiting for Hakyeon.

“Nothing changed, he still works over time. Your father?”

“He sometimes stops by, but usually he stays in his officetel. He invites his friends during the weekend they talk and drink. I liked it better when he used to teach.” He sighed.

“You didn’t forgive him yet?” 

“Never” he answered firmly. “My ride is here, see you tomorrow, good night.”

Bora watched the car drive away, before releasing a heavy sigh.

“He’s still as hard headed as ever.”

 

 

A month, a whole month went by, and things in school are still the same, if not worse. Sunggyu expected all the bad treatment he got but didn’t think it will last for that long. The analyzing eyes, the dirty looks, the badmouthing, the rude comebacks… He tried to ignore it as much as possible, but it became suffocating. He wanted to talk back, to swear at them but his friends tried their best to help him holding it in and he was so thankful for that. He didn’t trust his temper.

He was impressed himself by how close he became with them in such a short time. Sungyeol was already too easygoing and it was never quiet when he was around. Krystal was very cheerful and kind, it was never awkward between them. They had many things in common and she gave off the little sister vibe. Myungsoo on the other hand was very hard to understand, a moment he would be very quiet and the next he would become a hyper active four years old kid. But he was a good friend and a good person. And Bora was… just the old nagging Bora.

Sunggyu was always with them at school, sometimes they hang up together in the afternoon or during weekends. Rest of the time, he’d be either home, talking with his mother or his two ex-bandmates over the phone, either out with Hakyeon. It was a monotonous life for him. He used to go out and have fun causing trouble every day, but it wasn’t very boring either, he enjoyed it a lot.

 

 

It was lunch time, and they were all sitting at their usual spot. It was so natural between them you’d say they’ve been friends for forever. None of them kept his chopsticks for himself; they would taste each other’s food, give whatever they didn’t like to eat to the one who would eat it… Their hands would move in synergy, and the talk would go smoothly. It was a completely cozy environment.

“Oh look! I found a good one ‘look at his eyes! Why is he always glaring? Fox face!’ OMG!!” Sungyeol and Bora were having a good laugh choosing the most hilarious comments said about Sunggyu on facebook.

“Isn’t about time they understand that’s how my eyes naturally are?!” Sunggyu wasn’t angry anymore, those kind of comments became a daily thing by then, it just annoyed him when they mentioned his eyes.

“What’s this?! Doojoon is at it again. ‘Still waiting for the day Sunggyu tell us how much he paid to get in!’ He’s taking this so far!” Doojoon was their classmate, and Bora hated him so much, for many obvious reasons. He always spoke badly about Sunggyu and caused him many problems. But what made him attack Sunggyu more was the fact that the latter refused to reveal his family background, while it was very obvious he came from a very wealthy one.

Doojoon was one of the students who still think lowly about poor people, treating them badly. At the same time, he didn't like people who are better than him.

 

"He was the one who pushed you last time, right?" Sunggyu nodded. "I think he need a beating to get him in place! Why can't he let us live in peace, first Sungyeol, now you... ugh" She sighed.

"Just let him be. That guy has a serious inferiority complex, plus, we have much more things to worry about for now."

"Myungsoo's right, today is the announcement of the mid-term test, right? Only God know what kind of task Miss Lee has in store for us." Krystal seemed in deep thoughts. "Do you think we can still be the B class this year too?"

"B class?! I'm thinking of getting in the A class." Sunggyu said, munching on his food.

 

"If you can get an A on vocal class then be my guest. Out of the whole school only one person did that. It's impossible if Miss Amy is the one marking us." They all nodded, approving Bora's statement.

 

'B Class' is the name other students chose for that clique. They got a lot of A’s but each one of them had a certain weakness, if a B can be called a weakness. Sungyeol had a problem with English class, Bora with acting class, Myungsoo with composing class and Krysal with dancing class. Thus, their lowest mark is a B which made them on the top five students of the school.

 

 

Sunggyu really wanted to get an A in all his classes, but many are expecting him to be part of the B class. He had something he wanted to prove to his father since he was little, but now that he was a step closer to his goal, Miss Amy came in the view, threatening his dream.

 

'I will get what I want, no matter what.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the last period, when Miss Amy entered the classroom, she found all the students silently seated, impatiently waiting for her.

"What a sight! How I wish you were always this obedient! Shall we start then?!" She took out a little box full of red and blue folded papers from the drawer.

"This year we're going to focus more on group work. Last year you had enough time to prove your individual talents and potentials so I think it's time to take it to the next level. This time is going to be a pair work. Each one will draw a paper from the box and every two with the same number will have to choose a song to perform it the day of the test. The order of performing will be the same as the number you picked, from one to ten. C'mon, what are you waiting for, come and pick a paper, we don't have the whole day!"  

 

The students didn't like the idea, their steps were heavy while proceeding to the box, especially Sunggyu. He wasn't on good terms with his classmates, what if he's paired with Doojoon or one of his minions? It could be the end of him.    

He opened the folded red paper when he sat back on his seat, he got the number ten, he was the last to perform.

"Okay, now when I call a number both who has it stand up."

 

When Doojoon had the number one, Sunggyu was more than relieved, but by the time all of his friends were all called, he started getting stressed. He had a bad feeling about all of his.

 

Sunggyu was still wondering about his fate, when she called his number. He stood up right away, looking around, but no one stood up. 

Just then, it hit him. In class 2-1, there were only nineteen students. There were twenty desks in each classroom, but every class had a different number of students, so he never questioned that forever empty seat.

 

Miss Amy was confused at first, but then she looked inside the box to find one remaining piece of paper.

 

"Ah, I almost forgot!" she flipped through her papers checking something then resumed writing on her notebook. "For the tenth pair we have Kim Sunggyu... and Jung Eunji."

 

At the mention of the name, everyone, shocked, turned to look at the confused boy, who had only one question on his mind: 

'Jung Eunji who?'

 


 

AN: I had a hard time writing this chapter. I was going to upload it a week ago but some scenes were not planned... 5500 words  >.< Things will start to heat up during the next one. Eunji will show up the.

Tell me what you think in the comments section bellow :D See ya next chap :***