TOGETHER

Masquerade of the Fallen Angels
It didn't need a genius to tell that the love birds were back together, not when they came back to class an hour later, hand in hand, all smiles and blushes, even though their eyes were red.
Eunji was wearing Sunggyu's shirt and the blue scarf was secured around her neck to keep her warm.
 
'I want you to keep it. He gave it to you.' Sunggyu said earlier.
 
When Miss Amy asked them to stand in the hallway as a punishment, they walked out giggling.
 
“They've lost it, officially.” Sungyeol whispered to his friends.
 
“That's what you call being crazy in love.” Myungsoo had nodded in agreement with Krystal's statement, before the both of them locked gazes and started giggling.
 
Sungyeol sighed and turned to Bora, who looked a little bit troubled.
“You okay?” he mouthed to her, but her nod wasn't convincing, so he mouthed a “Let's talk about it after class.” to which she nodded again.
 
When the bell rang, Sunggyu started stretching over and over, relieving his tensed muscles.
 
“Your arms hurt?” Miss Amy came out of the classroom. “You totally deserve it. I told you to stop skipping classes, especially mine.” she hit his head with a stack of paper, gaining a mocking laugh from Eunji.
“You're no better, you know!” she shut her right away. “Anyways, how the showcase preparations are going?”
 
“That's a surprise.” he said playfully.
 
“Better be in a good way.” she replied sternly. “But tell me if you need any help. Good luck then.” she tapped his shoulder.
 
“I wouldn't be that confident if I was you. We don't even have a song ready.” Myungsoo, who witnessed the whole conversation, popped in.
 
“Are you sure?” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow suggestively, confusing his friends. “Come on let's go to our practice room, I'll show you there.”
 
“Where are Sungyeol and Bora?” Eunji questioned Krystal.
 
“They said something about buying drinks. They won't take long I think.”
 
“I'm waiting for you to speak.” Sungyeol rushed Bora, who just sat on the staircase fidgeting with her fingers.
 
“ What is on your mind?”
“I just have a bad feeling. Eunji and Sunggyu's relationship isn't very promising. I told you about the conflict between their families, and the way her mother is deemed to destroy her happiness. I'm afraid that she'll destroy Sunggyu too. He suffered enough and I don't think he'll be able to handle anything else.” she confessed, looking at him desperately.
 
“And you think that they don't know this? Come on, you know Sunggyu better than I do. Do you think he doesn't know how dangerous this relationship is?”
She lowered her head.
 
“Then, you don't need to over think anything. They're both quiet reasonable. If they sense that their relationship is putting someone in danger, you'd find them breaking up the next moment. But now, let them enjoy what they have, it may not last for too long.”
 
Bora didn't regret telling Sungyeol about her concerns, because behind his childish behavior, he's a very good listener and have a better vision of things than anyone else. When they went back to their practice room, they found the other four already in there. Sunggyu having a wide grin plastered on his face, while he was enjoying teasing Eunji. It made Bora realizes that every word Sungyeol had said was true. Sunggyu was so in love, and he was happy.
 
“Now that everyone's here, let me introduce you to the demo track we,” he pointed to himself and Eunji. “Had prepared.”
 
“But we never com-” he raised a hand to stop her from talking further, as he put his phone on the table in the middle of the room, and a melody started playing from the little device.
It started with the sound of the piano, then the guitar and the bass joined in. Seconds later, soft drum beats were added to the mix. There was a big alternation of instrument, sometimes just one or two playing, sometimes all of them together. It was soft and simple, yet beautiful and relaxing.
 
“When did you-” Eunji was at lost of words.
 
“Yesterday. You think I really didn't like your suggestions? And the acoustic guitar was a great touch.” he winked, making her shake her head in disbelief.
 
“You're not an after all.” Myungsoo gave him a high five.
 
“This is really good, but don't you think that we need lyrics? Like real words to sing?” Sungyeol demanded.
 
“Ah for that. I have something that could match the melody.” he took out a few papers stapled together and put them on the table.
 
“Together?” Eunji raised an eyebrow reading the title.
 
They were all gathered around the papers.
 
“I started writing this the other day.” It was the lyrics he started when he was sick and had to stay home.
 
A few days earlier, he stumbled into them and started working with them, until they turned almost into a song.
 
“Sunggyu, did you really write this?” Bora asked him, still engrossed in reading the content of the paper, like the rest of her friends.
 
“I know it's not that good but if we work together, I think it could turn it into a decent song.” he suggested embarrassed by the words written on the draft.
 
“Are you kidding me?!! This is perfect!” Sungyeol looked at him in fascination.
 
“Only when you say it my name has breath in it! God Sunggyu this is so romantic and poetic!” Krystal squealed.
 
“I have an intuition this is going to turn into a beautiful song.” Myungsoo noted.
 
“We should start working then!” Krystal shouted in enthusiasm. It didn't take much for them to adjust the lyrics to the melody. Dividing the parts and the instruments was left to the next day, since they were exhausted as hell. Sungyeol was going to be the drummer, Myungsoo the guitarist, Bora the bassist and Krystal on the Keyboard, Sunggyu the piano and Eunji the acoustic guitar. They formed a full band.
 
The progress for the showcase was going very well, so they decided to offer themselves a day out and go on a 'triple date', as Krystal said, on Saturday.
 
 
 
“So we're finally going on a date?!” Sunggyu said.
 
They were sitting in Dongwoo's apartment's living room, each one of them sitting on a side, with their toes meeting in the middle. They were both working on the music sheets of the third track they were going to perform.
 
“Yeah, but it's not you who asked for it.” she answered sulkily, making him chuckle.
 
“Ktystal just had beaten me to it. I'll ask you out properly another time. After the showcase maybe? On Christmas?” he suggested.
 
“You're not going back to the US during Christmas?” she raised an eyebrow, a hint of hope in her eyes.
 
“I delayed my flight to the day before the new year's eve. I'll come back when it's time for the new school year. Until I go, let's enjoy our time, okay?”
 
“Yeah sure.” Eunji's attempt in sounding uninterested brought another smile to his lips.
 
“Sunggyu, about this Saturday, are you free in the morning?” she asked him after a few seconds of silent, a hint of nervousness in her voice.
 
“I am, why?”
 
“I thought, that maybe we can start our d-date earlier. I just need to take you somewhere before head.” Sunggyu found the bashfulness in her voice endearing.
 
“You want me for yourself that much?”
 
“Shut up, I'm being serious right here!” she kicked his leg.
 
“Okay! Okay! Eleven o'clock is good?”
 
“Yeah, but don't you dare and be late, okay?” she warned him.
 
“Don't worry, I'm never late. Unlike that guy.” he pointed to Sungjong who had been fixing his appearance for the last fifty minutes. The guy stopped for a few seconds to glare at him.
 
“Seriously dude, where are you going?” “Date. And I'm not late. It's in another hour.” he replied.
 
“You have a girlfriend? I could never guess. I mean it's hard to find a girl who can put up with you.” Sunggyu's sarcastic remark made Eunji chuckle and Sungjong scoff.
 
“For your information, I'm really famous with ladies. And I'm a complete gentleman.” Sunggyu was the one to scoff this time.
 
“He gets really devoted when he dates, but he's always the one to get dumped.” Eunji clarified.
 
“Oh really and why is that?” Sunggyu asked in amusement.
 
“I think girls don't like having a boyfriend who's much prettier than them, they feel burdened.” she replied.
 
Sunggyu observed Sungjong's outfit. He was wearing a black dress shirt, black pants, black dress shoes and a red coat. His hair was newly dyed in a light shade of caramel and styled to the back. He had a lot of rings and a dangling earing at one side and not to mention his usual thick makeup. He looked like a model out of a magazine, pretty, stylish and too perfect to be real.
 
“I think I get what you're talking about.” Sunggyu nodded.
 
“Is it a crime to dress up? You wouldn't understand, since both of you are far from what we call a fashionista.” he gave them a judging look. “I'm going out for now. There's a beauty waiting for me.” he flipped his hair and left.
 
“What a Diva!” Sunggyu shook his head.
 
“One would never guess that he can actually kick asses.” “Tell me about it. He used to beat me all the times, whenever we had a fight. Even Dongwoo who's a black belt in Taekwondo couldn't last long in a fight against him.”
 
'I guess I'm the weakest among them.' Sunggyu thought.
 
In fact, he wasn't extremely inexperienced when it comes to fighting. He was a part of a boxing club with Jonghyun and had won many fights against some bullies. But rude kids and gangsters were two complete different things. It made him feel inferior and he's been considering going back to training for a while, it's just he didn't find time for it yet.
 
“Eunji, can you get me a drink from the fridge?” Dongwoo shouted from his room.
“Okay, just a sec.” she stood up immediately. “I'm thirsty too, I'll get us something too.”
 
Just when she disappeared in the kitchen, the door bell rang, and Sunggyu didn't hesitate to go and get it. His expression was mirrored in the face of the man standing at the door's step. It was a mix of confusion, surprise and recognition.
 
“Mr. Jung, right?” he bowed slightly. “I'm Kim Sunggyu, nice to meet you, sir.”
 
“We finally meet.” that was all the man had to stay.
 
Sunggyu stepped aside to let the man in. He always imagined he'd be nervous when meeting Eunji's father for the first time, but now that he did, it was rather weird.
Eunji and Dongwoo was no less surprised when they saw Mr. Jung. It was really awkward for a while in the living room. All they did was to sit and stare at each other.
 
“What brought you here?” Dongwoo broke the silence with his irritated tone.
 
Sunggyu figured out that he might not like the man.
 
“I had something to discuss with Eunji.” Sunggyu wanted to shrug the thought that the man was intimidated by Dongwoo, but it was too obvious, at least for him.
 
“What is it?” Eunji questioned.
 
“I don't think we can talk about it here.” Sunggyu was slightly annoyed by the obvious way the man pointed at him with his thumb, and he didn't think twice before speaking.
 
“Why? You have a new mission for her?” although that he regretted speaking on impulse, he kept a hard expression on, encouraged by Dongwoo's smirk.
 
“He knows?” Mr. Jung frowned.
 
“I told him. It's okay, I trust Sunggyu.”
The way Eunji confidently said those words in front of her father, made Sunggyu's heart flood with warmness. He never doubted that she did, but he loved how she voiced it out so openly.
 
“Yeah, and you trusted Woohyun before.” her father replied firmly.
 
One of the things that Sunggyu really hated was to be compared to people he hated, in that case, Nam Woohyun. It only made him angrier.
 
“I trust Sunggyu too. Plus, I don't think you're that concerned about your secret getting out to the public, since it'll eventually happen. You're more afraid of people judging the way you're using your daughter with.” he glared at him.
 
“Dongwoo, not again.” Eunji's tone was pleading.
 
“Why? His words are true. I don't know how he convinced you into this, but he's doing it for his own sake, since he's going to be the main gainer from this plan.” He turned to her father. “Fame, public support and the Jang Groups. Am I right?” Sunggyu gave a challenging look to Mr. Jung, who couldn't utter a single word.
 
The man's plan was obvious for Sunggyu. He was sure that Mr. Jung wasn't doing just to stop his ex wife. And after turning it in his mind for a few nights, he came to the conclusion that when Mrs. Kim get arrested, the Jang's groups' stock prices will fall drastically and Mr. Jung will take the chance to buy them immediately, thus, he can become the chairman. Plus, the public will recognize him as the man who stopped the devil and will support him. Quiet cunning.
 
Dongwoo's laugh echoed in the room. “See! I'm not the only one who saw through you!”
 
“I told you before oppa, I'm the one who insisted on saving the Jang's group.” Eunji snapped at him.
 
“But he manipulated you to do it! Why can't you see his greedy motives?”
 
“And what if I do? It's not going to change anything! I'm still going to get involved in this! I want to end what I started! I want to repay for my sins!”
 
“CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT!” Sunggyu beat Dongwoo in shutting her with his loud shout, startling everyone in the room.
“You did nothing wrong and you committed no sins. Your mother is a bad person by nature and everyone know it. There's no good in that woman! It was all an act and some way somehow, she made people believe it! I don't know if your father here was fooled too or he just decided to ignore it back then, but it has nothing to do with you damn it!” he ranted in one go, getting breathless by the end of it.
 
Eunji was struck by his furious reply. Seeing him that worked up by her words made her for the first time willing to take away that idea from her mind, to stop believing in it and to stop blaming herself for once, but still...
 
“I still want to stop her. Regardless of my father's motives or whether or not I'm the guilty one, I just want to stop her. I'm sick of being hurt by her and seeing people getting hurt because of her.” she replied in a calm tone, straightly gazing in Sunggyu's eyes.
 
He saw the amount of determination in her gaze and they plead for him to trust her, so he just sighed in defeat.
 
“There's no chance for me to change your mind, huh? Whatever we say, you'd still go on those missions and risk your life.” he stated. “If that so, then I won't let you do it by yourself. I want to help too.”
 
His reply caused a loud 'what' in the room. No one expected him to take such a decision. It was beyond dangerous, especially for someone as inexperienced as him.
 
“What? Of course no! I can't let you do it!” Eunji was the first to object.
 
“I don't know if you're being brave or stupid right now.” Mr. Jung cut in. “But you can't just join us.”
 
“Don't underestimate me. I might not be as strong as the rest, but I have my ways in doing things. Eunji told me a little bit of your previous missions and it's not something hard for someone like me. Of course a little training won't hurt. Anyways, it's either both of us or none.”
 
“What about our promise?” Dongwoo directed his question to his sister.
 
“I'm sorry oppa. I'm going to make some exceptions. Of course I won't go on a mission unless necessary, but I still can't just step down now. I came a long way.”
 
“It's too late to stop her now, Hyung. But she got me now. I'll do anything to protect her.” Dongwoo just glared at him.
 
“But Sung-”
 
“Don't try to stop me, I'm more stubborn than you.” he cut her mid-sentence.
 
“I think I don't have a say in this anymore. I'll let you join, but if I see that you're putting the team in disadvantage or anyone gets hurt because of you, I won't let you go easily.” the man stood up to leave.
 
“Ah, and you better not tell anyone.”
 
“Don't worry about that, sir.” Sunggyu bowed.
 
“What did just happen?” Eunji asked once the door closed behind her father.
 
“I must be crazy to agree to something like this. Why did he let you in and why on earth are you joining?” she yelled in frustration .
 
“There's no sane person in this relationship. I give up! We'll talk when both of you get back to your senses!” Dongwoo raised his hands in anger before going to his room.
 
He slammed the door and slumped in his chair. He hated himself for being useless. While his young sister was going around risking her life, all he could do was to sit and worry. And now, even Sunggyu, who he thought was more reasonable, was getting himself in the same trouble. He kind of felt grateful for the younger for doing this for Eunji's sake. But he grew attached to him and didn't like the idea of him getting hurt either.
 
'It's like I have two little siblings to worry about instead of one now.' he growled in frustration.
 
 
 
 
 
“Are you still mad about earlier?” Sunggyu asked over the phone.
 
After Dongwoo left him with Eunji, she was too angry and refused to talk with him. So he just left her to calm down, which took a lot of time, because she refused to answer his calls until late at night.
 
“Very!” she replied grumpily. “I don't like that stupid idea you came up with earlier.”
 
“What's so stupid about wanting to protect the girl I love?” there was a long silence coming from the other line.
 
“But this is my war. I don't want you to be involved in it! What if you get hurt?” her answer came out as a low mumble.
 
This was your war before I discovered the truth about Mingyu's death. I will only be able to find his killer if I get involved. Getting hurt? I don't care about that anymore, as long as you're safe and I reveal the truth. I'm sick of just watching by the side way, it's about time I take actions.
 
“You really are stubborn, huh?” she sighed heavily.
 
“We're too alike after all.” he chuckled.
 
“I still don't like this idea.”
 
“Think of it as passing more time together.” he joked.
 
“That's not funny.” the grumpiness in her voice was still there.
 
“Now you hate both my parents, huh?”
 
“I don't hate your father. Maybe he's a little bit greedy, but I didn't see anything evil about him, so I just felt annoyed and got worked up earlier, especially when he compared me to Woohyun. Mrs. Kim on the other hand... she's like my father, just not human anymore.” he confessed.
 
“I wouldn't put it any better.” she paused a little. “Ugh, I lost all my motivation because of today. I can't even fall asleep.” she whined, making him laugh.
 
“Do you want me to sing a lullaby for you?” he suggested.
 
“No thanks, I'm not a kid and you're not my mother. Although she never sang me to sleep before.”
 
“Let me guess, Dongwoo did?”
 
“NO! You know how he only likes hip hop songs. I couldn't see myself fall asleep listening to him rap.” Sunggyu laughed imagining the scene.
 
“I don't imagine myself sleeping to that either.”
 
“But Woohyun's voice was so tender and beautiful, the best voice for lullabies.”
 
“The best so far. you never slept to my voice, yet!” he objected.
 
“Okay, okay, go on. Let's see if you will make me fall asleep.” she chuckled at his obvious jealousy.
 
Sunggyu had put his phone on his night stand and had grabbed his guitar from beside the bed before he started playing an familiar melody. Soon enough, his voice filled both his room and Eunji's, as the latter had it on speakers.
By the time he finished, the other line was dead quiet, even after a few calls of her name, Eunji still didn't respond, so he figured out she was probably asleep by then.
 
“I think the result is known by now.” he smiled proudly. “Good night, my love.” he had said before hanging up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fortunately for them, Saturday was warmer than the previous days and there was no sign of rain. And just like all the previous Saturdays, Myungsoo went out early in the morning with his camera.
It was his one and only hobby and how he wished he could devote more days for it. He just loved to go to a different place every time and shoot everything he finds beautiful or interesting. But he didn't know he was followed by a very creepy guy that day.
 
'You can't just show up and tell him that your his brother. You need to befriend him first and get him to trust you. But you should make it look like a coincidence, other wise it'd be very suspicious.' Hoya replayed Sunggyu's advice in his mind.
 
He didn't want to look like a stalker or a ert, but he was kind of famous and he needed to hide his real identity. He had a casual outfit on, with a face mask and a cap, just in case. But with his disguise and the way the younger was too engrossed in his camera, he doubted he'd get a chance to speak directly to him. That was until Myungsoo walked in a coffee shop.
 
'This is definitely my chance.' he thought.
Hoya followed the younger inside and stood behind him in the line. 'This kid is almost as tall as me now!' They ordered and stood waiting for their drinks. That's when he noticed the camera Myungsoo was using.
 
'That's the one I sent him last year.' that thought alone was enough to double his confidence. He felt that their was a chance for his brother to forgive him.
 
“One hot chocolate with extra mousse, one strawberry cake and a bottle of water.” the employee put the order on the counter, but weirdly, two hands grabbed the tray, each one belonging to a different person.
 
“Excuse me, this is my order.” Myungsoo said politely.
 
Hoya's eyes widened when his eyes met the younger's. He was confused what to do, now that he finally had the chance to speaking to his brother.
The employee put another identical tray next to that one.
 
“I-I think that one is mine then, although it's the same order.” Hoya said, laughing awkwardly.
 
Myungsoo didn't response, just bowed slightly and went sat to a table. Hoya took the chance and followed him.
 
“Can I sit here? There's no vacant table.” he said awkwardly again.
 
“Yes, I don't mind.” Myungsoo replied with an uninterested tone.
 
Hoya sat right away, smiling sheepishly. He was grateful for the mask for hiding his expression but he wanted to eat to, so he took it off immediately and unconsciously turned his cap to the back.
Myungsoo was alerted by the movement of the guy sitting with him. One of the few things he remembered about his brother, was the amount of times his mother would yell at him because he'd keep wearing his cap backwards. This stranger seemed to have the same habit as his brother. But when he looked again at the guy's face, it turned out he wasn't completely a stranger.
 
 
“Lee Hoya-ssi?” he questioned immediately.
 
“You know me?” he suddenly forgot that he was famous and thought that maybe he was caught.
 
“It's hard to not know who you are.” Myungsoo answered.
 
“Ah right! I forgot.”
 
“It seems that you're not used to fame yet, huh?” the younger asked playfully.
 
“You can say so.” he was glad that his brother was finally speaking to him and couldn't risk stopping the conversation at that, so he decided to ask further questions, even if he knew the answer to them. “But for you to recognize me right away, you must be related to the entertainment field in a way.”
 
“I'm an art student, at Woollim high.”
Woollim high?” Hoya faked a surprised expression. “I'm going to be their for the end of the year showcase next month I think.”
 
“I know. I'll be performing at the showcase. Me and my friends are the honorary sophomores, so they gave us a chance to participate.” Myungsoo said with a lot of condfidence.
 
 
“You must be really talented then. I'll be anticipating. Who knows, maybe you'll end up with SM entertainment.”
 
“No offense, sir, but I'm not intending to join SM. Never.
 
“First, call me Hoya. Second, I feel offended. Why did you say that?”
 
“Well, if I want to be accepted as a trainee, I want to be picked because of my talent, not my looks. But with your company's standards, it'll be hard to know why I was chosen.” Myungsoo took a sip from his hot chocolate.
 
“You really are straightforward. I feel like you too. But that was a habit the old man planted in the staff and no matter how hard I try, they're still doing it in that way. That's why I've been attending all the auditions so far; to prevent things like that to happen.”
 
“In that case, I may reconsider.” Myungsoo smiled again.
 
“But it seems that you have another passion.” Hoya put his hand on the camera resting at the side of the table. “Nice camera. It looks expensive.”
 
“It's a gift. I've always liked photography. But it's only a hobby. And I want it to stay like that. It makes me forget about my life and focus on other people.” Myungsoo bit his tongue for saying such things to a guy he barely knew, but something about him was comforting, making it easier for the words to flow.
 
“And why is that? Why do you want to forget your life?” Hoya felt like he was walking on a tight rope.
 
“It's not worth remembering? Except for the last few years maybe?”
 
His words caused a pang in Hoya's heart. 'Not worth remembering? That's all my fault, isn't it?'
 
“Isn't weird how we both ordered the same thing? I was really confused earlier.”Hoya tried not to seem affected and change the subject, but he noticed the way Myungsoo stiffened hearing his question.
 
“It's just my favorite breakfast since my childhood.” he replied, his eyes fixed on the cake.
 
'Liar, it was my favorite. You used to hate strawberries so much.' Hoya thought.
 
Their chat dragged a little longer until Myungsoo was finished with his breakfast. “I have an appointment, I need to go. Really nice to meet you, Hoya-ssi.” Myungsoo offered his hand for a handshake.
 
“I was glad to meet you too, Kim Myungsoo-ssi. I'll see you at the showcase then.” Hoya shook the younger's hand, a warm smile decorating their faces.
 
It was only after he took a turn away from the coffee shop when Myungsoo realised something.
 
'I never told him what my name was...'
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sunggyu went to pick Eunji up before eleven as promised. It would be a complete a lie to say that he didn't dress up for their date, but he didn't try to show it.
As for Eunji, she was always dressed up and beautiful, but the blue scarf around her neck was something he didn't expect. The moment he saw her wearing it, he knew where they were going.
They stopped a half an hour later in front of a flower shop and Eunji came back a minute later with two white flowers bouquets, handing him one. He gave her a thankful smile and she knew he had figured it out by then.
 
“I promised to come with you earlier, and here we are.
If
I knew who my savior was, I would've come
years
ago, but finding his identity was harder than we thought, especially that they took him to a different hospital than the other victims. But once you came back, I started digging back and I found the lost pieces.” she put her hand on his.
 
“If you're not ready we can come back another time.” she said once they got off the taxi.
 
“No, I can't be a coward for forever. It's time to face the reality.” he said determined.
 
 
The walk to the grave was silent, each of them thinking dreadfully of what to say.
 
“I think it's in here.” Eunji pointed to a row of graves.
They started walking between them until they reached the one with the name they've been searching for. Eunji felt Sunggyu's grip on her hand tighten and a halt in his steps.
 
“Do you want me to leave you alone with him?” she asked again.
 
“N-no, stay. I need you.” he answered, his eyes never leaving the stone grave.
He carefully laid the flower bouquet on it. “Hyung, how have you been? It's been a long time. It's me Sunggyu.” he took a sharp intake of breath.
“You probably don't recognize me by now, since I became really tall and more handsome.” he smiled bitterly at his words. “Did you miss me? Because I miss you so much, hyung.I never stopped missing you. I'm sorry I'm late. I always wanted to visit you, but I never had enough courage to do it.” a tear rolled down his cheek, but he was fast to wipe it with the back of his hand.
“I should stop crying by now. You hate it when I cry. You used to yell at me whenever I did. Ah, I brought someone with me, hyung.” he turned to Eunji who was weeping by his side.
“You remember Eunji. She's the little girl you saved back then, hyung.She's my girlfriend now, small world, huh?”
 
Eunji stepped forward and put the bouquet next to Sunggyu's.
“Hi Kim Mingyu-ssi. We finally meet again. I'm sorry for being late. I really wanted to meet you earlier and thank you for everything you did for me. I didn't know you for too long, but what you did, even my parents wouldn't have done for me, you saved my life, twice. Really thank you, and I'm so sorry.”
 
Sunggyu hugged her to his side when she started crying again, he too, was shaking.
They stayed their for about two hours, speaking to Mingyu like he was still alive. Sunggyu almost told him everything that happened in his life in those ten years. But they had to leave once it was time for the date.
 
 
 
The date was nothing different from the times they hanged out as friends. They went for a late lunch, first. Then they watched an animation movie together, Sungyeol's choice.
It was typically typical, but it's not like they minded. What really mattered for them was that they were together and having fun. They were at a stage where they could do literally nothing and still enjoy being together. It was a very strong bond, hard to understand and hard to break. And in Eunji's case, she would never express how grateful she was for them to let her be part of that beautiful bond and trust her. They made her happy. A feeling she thought she'll never experience.
 
 
The last stop of their date was the amusement park. There, Eunji discovered that Sunggyu was a scared cat.
He didn't scream like a maniac in the haunted house like Sungyeol and Bora did. But once they mentioned the roller coaster and The Vikings, he started shivering like a little kid and asked to be excused. Well they didn't grant him his wish and he ended up being dragged in there. It was quiet a sight.
He needed fifteen minutes to calm himself after each ride. And to wash away the amount of stress he's been in because of those rides, Sunggyu decided to go on the carousel. Being his friends, they couldn't leave him embarrass himself alone, so they joined him. They gained a lot of weird looks from adults and the little kids mocked them. it was fun anyways.
 
 
Saving best for the last, they waited till it was night to ride the Ferris Wheel, each two of them together.
 
The night view was mesmerizing , as they could see the whole city from above. A view made of millions lights and colors, with a black background.
 
“It's so beautiful.” Eunji gasped.
 
You are so beautiful.
 
She turned to Sunggyu, taken aback by his compliment, to find him looking straightly in her eyes. There was a lot of love in them, it made her wonder how could those tiny eyes hold that much of emotions.
 
“Why do you love me so much?” the question escaped her lips before she could stop it.
 
“Because you deserve to be loved.” he rested his forehead to hers, the back of his hand caressing her cheek.
 
His answer made her heart beat uncontrollably, her eyes to glister with tears and her face to go red. It was almost scary how his words could affect her that much, making her body react in many different ways. But she liked all those kind of feelings, whether they were good or bad. And in that moment, she realized that she was still falling in love with him.
She didn't know how deep she could get, and for once, she didn't fear reaching the bottom, because she knew that he loved her as much, if not more.
 
“I wish I could stop this moment right here, right now, and live it for an eternity.” she confessed.
 
“Won't you be bored? Staring into my eyes for an eternity?” he questioned in a hushed voice, smiling.
 
“I fear that an eternity won't be enough for me to appreciate their beauty.” she brushed a finger caressing his eyelashes as he had closed his eyes to let her do it. “But would you love me for all that time?”
 
“Promise me you'll always be safe and I promise I will love you till the end of time.”
 
She chuckled. “Why are we so cheesy?”
 
Shhh, don't ruin the moment.” he looked out of the window, and as in cue, fireworks started coloring the night sky.
 
Eunji was once again, fascinated by the view, and he took it as a chance to give her a back hug, resting his head on her shoulder.
 
Before the ride could come to an end, she turned her face to him. “I promise.”
 
'to keep you safe no matter what.' she had finished the vow in her mind then rested a kiss on his lips.
 
“I would love to live an eternity loving you, and only you.” he replied.
 
“Me too.” He kissed her back.
 
 
 
 
20th June 2012
 
It was a hot summer day but it had been raining since morning. A guy in an all-black outfit had been sitting next to a grave for hours. He was drenched from head to toe but he didn't seem to care about the state he was in.
He was holding a huge bouquet of red flowers to his chest. He had been pulling off the red petals and slowly decorating the grave with them, covering the white marble with them. When he reached the last flower, he laid it over the bed of red petals with his shaking hand and started caressing the name engraved on the grave.
 
 
“You promised. But why are you here?”
 
 
 

Guess who's back?! I finally finished with tests and had the chance to finish this chapter and the next one too.

I decided to give a little spoil, what do you think will happen? I'm not one hundred per cent happy with this chapter but that's all my mind and fingers could come with at the moment.

Tell me what you think about it in the comment section (I really love your comments <3 )

A very big thank you for my readers, subsucsribers and upvoters :** Love ya'll <3 <3 <3

As a thank you and an apology for my late update, I'll post the next chapter in less than 36h ;)

Have a good holidays everyone :D