Destination to Anywhere

My Homeless Boyfriend

Ahn Mi Joo.

 

I felt a slight smile creeping up on me at that moment. Maybe it was because I was excited? That's probably it. After all, this was going to be the first date I had in such a long time, and just thinking about it made me feels run along and get going. But after looking at Jonghyun's face one more time, that smile swiftly changed into a smirk.

I have to keep the upper hand here. He has to think that this is all a game in my eyes. Well... It is a game, but partially. The other half of me really does just want to experience new things. Particularly in feelings and relationships.

"Come on kiddo!" I urged him to come, as I started to head to wherever.

"Where are we going?" he asked, holding onto my messenger bag even though I clearly extended out my hand for him to grab.

Actually, I had no idea as to where to go. I've only had about three to four dates in my entire life, two of those dates being with some other "nerd" in high school. Well, I wouldn't count them as nerds, but more like normal people who just like going to the library to read. It's the people in school who call us nerds.

And so, I just ignored his question and changed the topic myself.

"Why aren't you holding my hand?" I pestered the man.

"Well I don't want to hold your hand. I don't want your ge-" He abruptly stopped, seeing the way my eyes sharply creased downward, as if saying, don't you dare speak another word. He continued, gathering up his courage, I assume, "Your beautiful hands! Yeah, that's right! They're so precious, I can't bare to touch them."

Was that really the best he could do? Really?

I stuck my tongue out at him. "I know that you just can't bare to dirty these delicate hands of mine, but I'm going to have to force you to."

At that moment, before he even had a chance to pester or utter one word, I snatched onto his hand and ran. Again, I had no idea where we were heading, or even where I wanted to go, and I certainly didn't know the time of day. All I knew was that I wanted to go somewhere with him. Anywhere.

On our way, we passed by several ahjussis and ahjummas who wanted to stop us and give a scolding for running too dangerously in public. At first, I was wondering why it was such a big deal. After all, we were just running. What's so bad about that? But then I actually started to open my eyes and see the surroundings around me. We were still running, but it was just at that time that I noticed how fast we actually were speeding. At this rate, if were to bump into anyone, it would surely end up into a harsh collision that would hurt both parties.

So I slowed down.

And slowed.

And slowed.

And I also started to feel extremely tired. It surprised me as to how I kept running without even stopping once to take a breather. Warily, I took a quick peek at the man behind me, only to see that he was seconds away from dying. I stopped right in my tracks, trying to keep Jonghyun from almost fainting right in front of me. We both collapsed to the ground, panting big, heavy breaths.

"You idiot!" I raised my voice, ready to yell at him, "Why didn't you stop me?"

He looked right up at me; straight in the eyes, to be more precise. His entrancing stare was firm, serious even. He had such an intense look on his face. I couldn't exactly find the right words to explain it, but I did know one thing for sure... It wasn't a look of anger. As I was about to open my mouth to speak, he beat me to it, turning that stare into a cheeky little smile.

"I just felt so free. I was tired, but I didn't want to stop. Not one bit." 

Instead of being cheeky once more, He gave a serious smile. A handsome one at that. One that made my cheeks flush into a hush-colored pink tint. I held my hand against my heart in secret, and just as I thought, it was beating at a very quick pace. It was my turn to smile, finally figuring what it really meant to have your heart beat for someone.

I guess I'll keep him a bit longer than planned. He is doing his job after all, even if it is half-assed.

 


--------------------------------

 

 

After sitting in a little coffee shop for a bit over an hour, stuffing ourselves with sugar, fat, and oil, we finally decided to start walking again. But the good part about this time is that we actually went somewhere. We didn't just wander around this time, but wander and land somewhere that could potentially be the setting of our first date.

We landed ourselves at a grassy hill, just a few minutes away from the suburban area that we're normally at.

I pointed to the grass, looking at Jonghyun knowingly.

All he did was return a blank face, saying, "What. What is it?"

I scoffed, just wanting to yell at him for his stupidity sometimes. "Isn't it obvious? I'm not going to sit down on that. You're either going to lay your jacket down as a blanket for me to use, or have me sit on your lap. Now you choose."

Little did I know and prepare for what would happen. 

Well, let's just break this down so that everyone can understand. It's obvious he doesn't like me. It's just obvious. He didn't even want to grab onto my hand when I held it out. Obviously, he would choose the jacket over an act of skinship. Obvious.

But in this case, he plopped himself down on the grass right away, and pulled me over to his side and made it so I was perfectly hoisted onto his lap. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, his head nuzzled over my neck so that we would both feel each other's low breathing. And yes. I was blushing. Even harder.

"W-Why are you doing this?" Somebody kill me. I just stuttered.

"Well I thought about it, and I guess it makes a lot more sense to have you sit on my lap, then to just burden myself by having to sit in the cold with no jacket on. I mean, have you seen this weather? My body would freeze in the matter of seconds, and you have no idea just how much time and effort it took to get this thing looking the way it does now." He pointed to his abdomen. Of course, his abs. Always the abs. And the muscles. And yada yada yada.

"Oh... Well okay then," I faintly said, trying my hardest to relax. 

Just calm down Mi Joo. Calm down.

But I couldn't calm down. I was nervous. Just so, so nervous.

Even the stars brightly shining in the sky couldn't keep me from being the complete wreck I was supposed to be. I nervously looked down, just to take a quick peek at Jonghyun's face.

To my surprise, it seemed as though he was about to cry. And that blushing, red face of mine finally decided to calm down, along with a look stricken with worry all over it. Sometimes, I really do wonder what goes on in his head sometimes. Which brings me to my next point.

I want to know more about him.


I felt like I needed to add in a bit of romance sooner or later, so why not sooner.

But of course, it hasn't become anything drastically romantic. Bahaha.

:)