Decisions Decisions

My Homeless Boyfriend

To everyone in the world who has telepathy and can somehow hear my inner pleas,

 

My name is Kim Jonghyun. Yes, you heard me. The golden boy Kim Jonghyun who is the air to Kim Enterprises, that one group that has dozens of hotel chains. I am that rich kid Kim Jonghyun. I brag about my wealth often, and that is probably the number one reason as to why this whole ordeal is here to bite me in the .

You see, men and women of all ages, my old geezer back at home kicked me out of my house. My own grandfather just readily agreed to me leaving, and he didn't even have a look of regret on his face when he so coldly told me to leave. Well, it's my fault for saying that I would gladly leave, but he should have stopped me like any grandparent would! So in the end, it's all his fault.

I rolled on to my side, using my left arm as a pillow, though I do have to say that it certainly isn't the softest cushion in the world. I rolled over again, attempting to lay flat on my stomach. Sadly, I guess I went ahead to far. When I say that, I mean I fell of the bed, laying flat on my face and hurting my precious nose.  

I mean seriously. At this point, my nose was throbbing like crazy, and I was sure it would start bleeding any second now. And to my dismay, it did, seeing as though drops of red-colored liquid were dropping into the carpet. I cursed to myself and got straight up, trying to head over to the bathroom as quickly as possible. I don't want Mi Joo kicking my for getting the rug dirty. And I'm sure if the landlord ever saw that, it would be even worse.

Again, I cursed to myself, except this time, out loud. 

"!" 

I almost jumped, seeing my poor Pororo babies covered in blood. Just think of all the millions of children in the world going to this house with knives and pitchforks because they found out what their number one idol is covered in. Just think about thousands of little kids running up to our door step, just to beat me up. It may seem funny right now, but just watch when you see me on the news, bloodied and covered in bruises. It certainly wouldn't be very funny then.

Turning on the sink's faucet, I tried rubbing away the blood stains. It started to fade away a bit in color, but the slight pinkish figment spread on the PJ's, turning into the size of my fist. It wasn't that big at first, only being several large drops, but it never got to the point of becoming a huge dot in the middle of my stomach

Sometimes I wonder to myself how I could do such stupid things. Not trying to sound like a bragger, but I'm pretty damn smart if I say so myself. There's a reason why I'm in SNU. I do know that my grandfather's influential power with money is a factor, but I'm almost certain that my smarticles are a deciding factor as well. I'm not Dumb Bobby, but Smarty Joe. Don't ask me who they are, because I wouldn't know. I just made up those names on the spot, if you haven't realized already.

After the blood stopped dripping from my nose, I headed back to the bedroom, looking for a new pair of clothes to change in. The only problem was... I didn't have any clothes to change in. All of them were back at the mansion, and there's no way I'm going back there. Gramps could go come here himself if he really wants me back that badly. And so I gathered all the strength and courage in me to walk up to her door, knock on it, and give her a call.

"Mi Joo?" I called out her name, and she opened her door right away, yawning with a mouth stretched so wide, I didn't even think it was possible.

"What is it Kim Jonghyun?"

Strange, calling me by my full name. And I think I sensed a bit of sass which right away reminded me of one of my cousins. Ahem, the almighty of course. What a diva. The both of them.

"Um, okay. I was just wondering if you can take me to the department store. I seriously forgot that I only have one pair of clothes, and those clothes have blood on them now. I can't even wear them."

She looked at me with a weird face and opened again, as if to ask about the blood, but I quickly stopped her from doing so.

"Don't ask, 'kay? I usually have my things tailor-made, but I guess I'll just settle down with store-bought clothes. Where's the nearest men's store in Gangnam?" 

"Excuse me? Men's store? I don't think you understand the situation you're in right now Jonghyun," she held her finger up as if some naggy old mother, "You're clearly not going to be able to afford the clothes you're planning on buying. There's no way I'm taking you to a department store, especially if it's in Gangnam. There's just no way."

I looked at her with much confusion.

"Ok, so then where are you taking me?" I seriously had no idea at this point. Seriously. What other place possible is there for me to shop at?

"Oh you'll see Jonghyun," she smiled, "You'll see.

 

 

------------------------------

 

 

"Oh my god Mi Joo. Are you serious?" I glared at the petite woman standing on my right, about to just scream right at her face for bringing me to such a filthy place.

"What, this place doesn't float your boat? It's just a thrift store Jonghyun."

"Just a thrift store?" I took a step closer to her. "Just a thrift store? JUST A THRIFT STORE! I have never stepped one foot inside such a place before. And there's reasons why. Those places carry diseases Mi Joo. Those places carry germs, and weapons, and sweat, and armpit hairs. I could die just by putting on a t-shirt from there."

But instead of worrying about me like any normal person would, she just laughed. How rude. How very rude. No wonder she's never had a boyfriend her entire life. It's not because she's never had the "time", she's just mean!

"Stop being such a little girl Jonghyun. It's just a damn thrift store. Come on!"

She grabbed me by the arm and tugged me inside that dreaded place, and for the first time in my whole entire twenty-two years of existing, I entered a thrift store. A dirty little thrift store. Mi Joo pulled me over to one of the racks on the far left and began searching. I tried being surveillant of the area in search of any gloves for me to wear, but there was none. I guess just pinching the clothes would be fine, right?

I pinched one of the jeans, my eyes bulging out at the price. Five bucks. Five bucks? Seriously? Jeans for five bucks? I grabbed a set of shirts and flipped through each one of them. Three dollars. Three dollars. Three dollars. Then I chucked a pair of sneakers. They weren't of the highest quality brand, but they were fairly known and worn by a lot of men in Korea. The price? Six dollars.

Even if these clothes were worn by others before, I never expected for it to ever be this cheap. I never imagined anything to be so cheap. Having ddukbokki for dinner and buying it from some street vendor would usually cost a little over four dollars. That's even more than one of the shirts you can find here. And because of that, my head started hurting. Isn't it common sense that clothes would be more expensive? Clothes last longer and are more useful. Food is finished in a matter of ten minutes. Not even. Food is easily dispensed out of your refrigerator. But clothing... I'm acting like Key now. Damn.

"Jonghyun! Over here!" Mi Joo called me over to the dressing room to try on the clothes she hand-picked herself.

I was a bit reluctant at first, still believing in everything in this store to be contaminated. But then I also remembered about what my father always told me when I was just a kid. It's always good to try something new, and I should probably listen to him. I tried the clothes on, and surprisingly, they fit well. They also looked good on me, but anything I wear would look good on me. Hah.

"Ok, these are fine Mi Joo." I handed her over the pile in my hand after putting back the pajamas I was originally wearing. I almost completely forgot about those.

She headed over to the cashier and paid. I took a quick glance at the amount it added up to. Thirty-five different clothing items for under one hundred dollars. If that isn't a save, I don't know what is. I could just imagine Gramps looking at me with big bulging eyes. He would never imagine me to be shopping at such a place, and especially being frugal about it! I mean, when was there ever a time where I had to think carefully about the prices? Oh that's right. None.

"Are we leaving now?" 

"After you change." 

I looked at her with confusion and responded, "Why change? I could just do that back at home."

"We're not going home yet. You're taking me out on our first date today."

She smiled. Or should I say...

Smirked.


Ok, so this isn't the fastest update I've ever done, but I didn't leave you hanging for over a month like how I used to!

I might be able to update again tomorrow. We'll see. :)