Childish Actions

My Homeless Boyfriend

Kim Jonghyun.

 

"You're just pulling a prank on me right? That's all this is. A prank right?" I nudged onto his shoulder, my tone of voice growing harsher by the second. "You can't possibly throw me away. Not because of my dream!" 

I piercingly stared into my old man's eyes, but he quickly averted away. "Do you think I would joke about a matter as important as this? I'm not kidding, and  just stop with your child's play already. You're twenty-two Jonghyun. You have a year and a half of schooling to go before obtaining your master's degree for business. I've provided you with everything your whole life, given you anything you ever wanted, and even have you inherit the business when you finish with college. Why, just why. Tell me, why would you follow a silly dream like becoming a singer? Why now?"

I quietly scoffed to myself, just listening to his lies. Given me everything I ever wanted? He hasn't even done anything of the sort. My whole life, all he's ever really done for me is provide me with tutors just so I can study my off like I've been doing for the past ten years. Just so he could have me run his hotel chains when he dies.

"So that's what this is all about, me wanting to become a singer. I never said anything about wanting to become a singer! I just gave a 'what if'. So what if I do think it's a possibility down the road? It's not like you could stop me. Who knows? Maybe I will officially run after my dream. Run away and become a musician just like Dad. Afterall, that's why he left."

"Don't speak of your Dad. I will not allow it in this house." He clamped his cane onto the ground and stood up. "Fine then. If that's what you really want, then leave. Leave like I told you to." He held out his hand and motioned for one of our butlers to me to the door.

I stopped the man in black, just smiling. "I'm fine." I took one last glance back at Grandfather. "I'll gladly leave."

Leaving the main entrance and passing by many many acres of land, I finally ended up in normal commoner society where everything wasn't so fancy and extravagant. Believe it or not, this was actually the first time I ever walked as transportation. I usually just have a driver with me wherever I go.

​I took my time and stared at my shoes, making sure to step at every crack on the sidewalk. Step on a crack, break your mother's back. I had that saying in mind, except this time, I replaced the word "mother" with "grandfather." Soon after, realization dawned on me after noticing how stupid and childish I was actually being through these types of actions.

​First off, I left my own home(although he was the one who initiated throwing me away). Then, I try to break my blood-related relative's back by stepping on a crack. And now, I'm just moping around to myself after realizing that I'm a complete idiot, and that I just kicked myself out of my house. 

​My eyes finally drifted away from the cement pavement and landed on the several neighborhoods passing by. What was it now? Seven neighborhoods? Eight? I was somewhat away from home, yet I could still feel it's huge dominant presence towering over ever single other place in Gangnam. We did have the largest house. Or mansion. Whatever you want to call it.

​For some reason, I had the feeling of eyes landing on me. Actually, everyone one the whole street was staring at me for no particular reason.

Was it my smell? I lifted up my armpit just a tad bit so it wasn't too noticeable, taking in a sniff just to be sure. And as a result, that was not the case. I clearly took a shower earlier before "kicking myself out."

​Was it my hair? My hands made its way to the very peak of my forehead, feeling it out and ruffling it. It did feel a bit greasy, which is actually my fault this time. God Jonghyun. Lay off the hair gel next time will you?

​So then is it my clothes? Bingo. My mouth fell agape as I continuously slapped myself on the forehead. I was still in my pajamas. My ing pajamas. At this point, it really did seem like life was mean to make me miserable. Afterall, nothing was going right. No wonder everybody was staring at me. My clothes were printed with stupid Pororo from every angle. And I blame it all on Aunt Jang who sent it from New York. She sent it as a Birthday present, saying that it was "popular with the youth." 

It is popular with the youth, but not this kind of youth.

By this point on, my feet were sure as hell tired. I made my way to the closest park which was about seven more minutes away, me remembering since I usually always pass down this road a lot. There just so happened to be several vending machines right when I entered the park, which was rather convenient if you ask me. I hate always having to walk more just to buy some stupid can of coke for a buck.

I checked my both of my pockets to see if I managed to bring any sort of cash with me. Nada. I left that billion dollar home. Empty. Handed. I would slap myself silly again, but I'm afraid if I do, my cheeks would start to bleed. I surveillance the area in hope of seeing some kind old lady who would gladly help such a handsome young fella' like me. But again. Nada.

​Although there is that girl sitting in the far corner, bawling her eyes out. Sure it wasn't the right time or situation to be doing this. It might even offend her, asking for money while she's having a mental breakdown, but boohoo. I might have one as well if I don't get even any type of liquid into my system.

I started to walk towards her, but then carefully stopped in my tracks. Wait, what if she attacks me for being inconsiderate? That can't happen. Then again, it's not like any girl could ever hit this y face right here. I smirked in triumph and started walking towards the girl. I tapped her shoulder, and she slowly lifted her head. Her hair was messed up... and wet. Probably from the tears. It was crowded all over her face.

But I recognized her anyway. She goes to the same university as me. Seoul National University. She was always the quiet one studying in the public library next door. I tried hard to remember her name, but just couldn't figure it out. Although I have heard some rumours about her. Ugh, my head spinning now. A thinking overload.

"Hey, uh, are you okay?" I asked, gently. 

She weakly smiled. "Oh, I'm fine. It's just that my-"

"Great, so you're fine. Can I possible borrow some money? Just a dollar. Maybe two. Depends on how thirsty I am." 

I smiled.

 


Hey guys! So I know I updated later than expected, but I figured I might as well learn a bit more about Korean culture instead of using fake names like SM or Seoul High. Whatever I named it.

I changed Jonghyun to a college student because it just felt weird to me how I made him as a high school student. He's 22 guys. Oh, and it was also a bit weird (now that I think about it) how Mi Joo's friend mentioned a homeless guy as a possibility for her to date.

So yeah. This new version will be quite different. But hopefully it will suit to your liking better. ^^