Detective Michael Chanson Part 1

Batter Swing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16th September 2018

 

Chan was struggling to keep his eyes open, but he wouldn’t admit it. They were currently sat in Seungcheol’s large van at about 1 in the morning, yet everyone is still being insanely noisy. They had been driving for the last two hours and still had about two hours left. They were meant to leave at 10pm, but due to a certain someone, Seungkwan, they ended up leaving an hour later than they were meant to.

 

“Where the are they?” Seungcheol had been getting annoyed at Soonyoung, Seokmin, Seungkwan and Hansol for being nearly an hour late. Everyone was currently sat in the van, waiting for the quartet to show up.

 

The 4 of them finally showed up at about 5 to 11pm. Then everyone had been stuffed into the van and off they went, for about 5 minutes.

 

“I forgot my inhaler.” Hansol perked up from his state of daydreaming.

 

“WHAT?” Seungcheol yelled, already annoyed.

 

“Don’t worry. I packed it for him.” Seungkwan cleared up, being the ever dutiful best friend (boyfriend).

 

Since then, the journey had continued on in an upbeat manner, which included Seungkwan’s constant singing, alongside Seokmin and Soonyoung, with the occasional rap from Hansol. At first, Jihoon had complained, but eventually, Chan was sure, Jihoon was one of the loudest in the car. However, Jihoon’s energy began to drain and he, inevitably fell asleep, leaning against Mingyu. Chan could have sworn he saw Seungcheol hit the brakes in a harsher manner at the next traffic lights. Everyone else, however, was making the most of a defenseless Jihoon, encouraging Mingyu and Wonwoo to draw on Jihoon. Soonyoung was turning round to take awkward photos of the rare sight and everyone else, except Seungcheol, was begging Minghao to tell them some embarrassing Jihoon stories. Minghao refused.

 

To the chaos of his friends, Chan fell asleep, adjusting his hat as his eyes closed, feeling a strange tranquility...

 

“Oi. Wake up. We’re here.” Chan was awoken to the harsh prodding of a sharp object, as his eyes slowly opened, he was alerted to the face of Jihoon, who once realising he was awake, moved on. “Fighting!” Jihoon yelled in Soonyoung’s direction and with a jolt, Soonyoung responded with a sleepier ‘fighting’ in response. Chan was bewildered to say the least.

 

Once everyone was awake and finally out of the van, they all slowly shuffled into the hotel, through the darkness, with their bags dragging behind them. It was an understatement to say that the concierge was shocked when the 13 boys finally squished through the doors. However, she shortly after remembered a Mr Choi making a large reservation a couple weeks ago..

 

“Hi, I take it you are the party that booked 3 double king sized beds?” The concierge interrupted the groups arguing about who hit who as they went in.

 

“Yes!” Seungcheol piped up and dashed towards the desk.

 

“Are you Mr. Choi Seungcheol?” The concierge smiled, looking up at the muscular man.

 

“Yes, that would be me.”

 

“Ok. All 3 rooms are ready. Here’s the keys for each room and the spares for each. Also, here’s a pamphlet that will tell you how to work the lights, the aircon, the heating and what to do if anything isn’t working, and here’s a menu to tell you about what we serve at breakfast, lunch and dinner, if you are interested.” She quickly slid all 3 across the desk. “To get to the rooms, go through that door and up either the lift or the stairs to floor one and then you should be able to find it by following the numbers.” She gestured to the door to her left. “I hope you enjoy your stay. If you ever need anything, there is always someone at this desk.”

 

“Thank you.” Seungcheol smiled, before shooing everyone through the door. Everyone bowed a couple times and wished her a good night, before finally allowing Seungcheol to push them towards the lift, where they had to take it in turns to go up the lift.

 

Once everyone was on the 1st floor, they went around trying to find rooms 116, 117 and 107. 107 was the closest and Seungcheol decided that Minghao, Mingyu, Wonwoo and Junhui would be a better option to put in that room than Seungkwan, Seokmin, Soonyoung and Hansol. He would rather keep the troublesome foursome where he could easily check on them. The guys in 107 quickly shuffled in and wished the others good night, before shutting the door. From there, the others all made their way around the next couple turns, before finding 116 and 117, which were directly opposite each other. The troublesome foursome quickly dashed into 116, while Chan and the 4 that were left, slowly made their way into 117. The rooms were decently sized and in the bathroom, there was a shower and a bath. The beds were neatly made and Seungcheol was quick to jump on one and claim it was comfy. Meanwhile, Jeonghan made his way into the bathroom with his pjs and a washbag, claiming he was getting ready for bed. Jihoon examined the beds for a minute, before pulling off multiple layers to reveal a white top and black shorts and proceeding to curl up in the corner of the room.

 

“What are you doing, Hoonie?” Seungcheol looked down at Jihoon.

 

“It will be uncomfortable if all 3 of us squeeze into one bed.” Jihoon responded, simply.

 

“We’ll manage though and it’s better than sleeping on the floor.” Seungcheol protested.

 

“It’s fine, I’m perfectly fine on the floor.” Jihoon stated.

 

“But?” Seungcheol went to protest again, but the look in Jihoon’s eyes showed he wasn’t changing his mind. “Don’t you need to brush your teeth?”

 

“I brushed them before we left and I haven’t eaten or drunk anything since we’ve left.” Jihoon curled up tighter and shut his eyes. “Now shut up and let me sleep. It’s like 3am.”

 

“You’ve stayed up later.” Seungcheol pointed out, but obeyed Jihoon nonetheless.

 

Everyone was in bed after that, except Seungcheol, who waited until he was sure Jihoon was asleep before lifting him up and moving him to the arm chair. Then, he grabbed a blanket he had found in the room earlier, after noticing Jihoon was slightly shivering and felt cold, and gently laid it over Jihoon’s sleeping body before allowing himself to go to sleep.

 

Chan was quick to learn about some of the members horrible habits the next day. He was one of the first up and he and Seungkwan had the pleasure of attempting to wake nearly all of the members up. Chan was sure he had been shaking Mingyu with Wonwoo’s half minded help for the last half an hour, yet Mingyu was still no closer to attempting to wake up. Seungkwan on the other hand was left by the other members to try and wake up Hansol. Meanwhile, everyone else is trying to convince Seungcheol to rouse Jihoon, as Seungkwan is busy. Seungcheol, on the other hand, is busy smiling about the fact that Jihoon actually slept. However, about an hour later, everyone is successfully up, even if their mind is still not 100% awake. Jihoon was slightly confused on how he ended up on the chair, but kept quiet about it.

 

Next, everyone was forced to go for a morning jog, before they were allowed breakfast. This lead to some very angry joggers, mainly Seungkwan & Mingyu. However, Seungcheol payed no attention to the idiots and just kept leading the joggers along the beach. Chan took this as a chance to look at the way the sky met the deep blue and how the waves pushed up against the golden blanket known as the sand. Soonyoung and Seokmin were making small talk and occasionally laughing and Chan could understand why Soonyoung would love Seokmin. Seokmin’s smile was like a second sun and all this time Soonyoung would claim he had been lied to about the solar system having only one star. Minghao was jogging next to Junhui and both occa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter