Whose Baby are You?

Batter Swing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6th September 2018

 

“Hey Chan.” Jeonghan poked him in the back. Chan turned around to see the long haired boy. “You grabbing lunch?”

 

“Yeah. My friend recommended this place to me.” Chan glanced around the cafe.

 

“It’s pretty good. Just don’t order anything with lettuce in it.” Jeonghan warned him.

 

“Why not?” Chan knew he would probably regret asking.

 

“Most the employees here run around in the backroom covered in lettuce with nothing underneath.” He explained.

 

“Can I ask how you know this?” Chan raised an eyebrow.

 

Jeonghan smiled, “I work here.” Chan’s face dropped. “What? It’s good pay.” Jeonghan shrugged, before laughing. “I’m joking! You’re so gullible!” He stood in front of Chan for a minute laughing about Chan’s facial expression. Eventually, he calmed down. “But still, don’t order anything with lettuce if you value your health.

 

“Oi! Jeonghan! Hurry up!” Jihoon yelled, as he left the backroom of the cafe, wearing a slightly oversized apron.

 

“I’m coming! I’m coming!” Jeonghan waved him off. “I’ve got to go, but if you need company, Josh and Coups usually come here during lunch. They should be here in a minute.” He turned, heading towards the counter, “Oh and don’t tell Josh about the lettuce! I think it’s hilarious watching him try and figure out what it really is.” He disappeared into the backroom, behind the counter.

 

Chan stood for a minute. Then, he slowly made his way to the counter, where Jihoon was standing. Now that he was closer to the individual, he could spot the eyebags that dragged the short boys face down and how pale Jihoon’s skin really is. He could also spot how smooth Jihoon’s skin naturally was.

 

“What do you want?” Jihoon deadpanned. Truthfully, a part of Chan was scared of Jihoon, but a part of Chan was offended that Jihoon claimed that Chan’s weren’t good enough. He’s not entirely sure why that offends him as it should be fine as Jihoon isn’t going to suddenly start feeling his hands, but at the same time; WHY AREN’T CHAN’S HANDS GOOD ENOUGH?

 

Chan glanced at the menu behind Jihoon quickly, “Um… A mocha please and…” He glanced at the menu again, “Some ramyun.”

 

“Ok. That will be $5.35.” Jihoon held his hand out. Carefully, Chan gave him the money. “You might want to sit at a table for a minute, I’ll send Jeonghan to you with it.” Chan robotically began to move to a table, not wanting to disobey Jihoon. When he glanced back, Jihoon was already busy making Chan’s drink and passing a note to what he presumed was a chef.

 

Not long after Chan got his order, Jisoo and Seungcheol walked through the door. The two walk straight to the counter, not noticing Chan, who had strategically placed himself in a corner booth where he was less likely to be seen. However, the two were served by Jeonghan, who pointed them straight to Chan. The two placed their orders and then walked over to Chan.

 

“Hey Chan! I hope you don’t mind us sitting here because we’re going to anyway!” Seungcheol beamed and immediately placed his but down opposite Chan. Jisoo quickly followed suite.

 

“Don’t mind Coups. He just likes to bully the younger members.” Jisoo explained, giving Chan a sympathetic look.

 

“It’s not bullying! I just like to know my sons!” Seungcheol moaned.

 

“Again, they are not your sons; they are your team.” Jisoo rubbed his forehead. Chan wondered if the ‘again’ meant that they had this type of conversation a lot. He didn’t particularly like the idea of being someone’s son. Especially when said father was only about 4 years older than him. “Besides, if anything, I would be the father and you would be the granddad.” Jisoo whispered more to himself than anything, but Seungcheol heard.

 

“I am not the granddad! I am way too cool to be a granddad.” Seungcheol defended.

 

“Seungcheol, the only dad-like thing about you is your lame dad jokes.” Jeonghan added, as he came over with Seungcheol and Jisoo’s food. Chan noticed that Jisoo had a sandwich with lettuce in, but he didn't comment on it. Jeonghan gave him a look to remind him not to as well.

 

“My jokes are not lame.” Seungcheol pouted, grumpily poking his food with his fork.

 

“Besides, I’m clearly the dad of the softball team.” Jeonghan stated. “All the members love me.”

 

“More like the mum.” Seungcheol retorted.

 

“Well, if I was the mum, then you definitely wouldn’t be the dad, gramps!” Jeonghan debated. “I would rather have Josh as a husband over you anyday.” This statement caused Jisoo to half choke on his food, but Seungcheol and Jeonghan were too busy having a stare off to notice. Chan, however, was kind enough to pass Jisoo’s drink to him.

 

“Chan, you decide! Who would you rather have as your parent; me or Jeonghan?” Seungcheol dragged Chan into their argument. Chan could feel the pressure, as the two stared at him. Chan couldn’t decide, but Seungcheol was giving off the vibe of a puppy, who would only cry if Chan didn’t pick him. Whereas, the vibe Jeonghan was giving off was that if Chan didn’t choose Jeonghan, he would make Chan’s life miserable.

 

“Jeonghan…” Chan murmured, to protect his soul. Seungcheol instantly turned into a hurt puppy, while Jeonghan was excited by the victory.

 

“From now on, you are my son, Dino!” Jeonghan announced. “Whose baby are you, Dino?”

 

“Dino?” Chan questioned. “How the heck did you come up with that?”

 

“Well, you kind of remind me of a dinosaur and I heard that you’re studying history.” Jeonghan explained. “Now, whose baby are you?”

 

“Wait! Wait! Wait a second!” Chan raised a hand. “How did you know I was taking history?”


“Minghao told me.” Jeonghan shrugged. “Now, answer me. Whose baby are you?”

 

“How did Minghao know?” Chan was beginning to get worried. He didn’t remember telling Minghao what he was studying in the past 24 hours of knowing him.

 

“We never question how Minghao gets his information. He has managed to get dirt on all of us. God knows how he gets it, but if you have any dark secrets, likelihood is that Minghao already knows it.” Seungcheol warned.

 

“Now,” Jeonghan gritted his teeth. “Whose baby are you, Dino?”

 

“Jeonghan’s.” Chan instinctively responded in order to protect his life. Before Jeonghan could make a fuss of his newly born child, Jihoon was dragging Jeonghan away and he had a growing lump on the back of his head.

 

“Woozi’s just salty that he couldn’t come over here himself.” Hansol came over with a tray filled with empty cups.

 

“How long have you been here?” Jisoo sounded shocked, having not seen Hansol since arriving.

 

“About half an hour. Me and Seungkwan have been working in the kitchen.” Hansol explained, calming Jisoo down. “Are you guys still eating?” Hansol gestured to their table and without noticing, they had all finished their food.

 

“Yeah, we’re done.” Seungcheol answered. Hansol smiled and started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter