Channie Dances it Out

Batter Swing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9th September 2018

 

Chan’s not sure where he’s ended up. He finished his class for today and walked to where he thought the entrance was, but here he was in the middle of a corridor he doesn’t recognise. This is the last time he let’s himself be last out. It’s all because of his damn folder. In all fairness, it’s probably his own fault for not telling his mum that his folder had a broken binder before going to college. Now, he needs to folder to his growing list of needed supplies. By the time he had picked up all of the sheets that had fallen out, everyone had already left him behind and now, he’s lost. Luckily, some other students were still in other classrooms, so he just had to wait for one of them to finish. In the meantime, he’ll investigate the melody coming from one of the rooms.

 

Fortunately, the door was slightly ajar, so he could easily peer inside, where he saw some of the members of the softball team. He recognised Soonyoung and Jihoon, immediately, and after a little bit of thought, pins the name Seokmin to the other guy. He can see Jihoon is sat at what he guesses, from the noise it makes, is a piano. Seokmin is singing and he thinks that Soonyoung is dancing, but Soonyoung’s isn’t as easily viewable from Chan’s position. However, from what Chan does see, Soonyoung is a very good dancer.

 

Chan’s so distracted by the trio’s performance that he doesn’t notice the class next door finishing, until he’s pushed through the door, startling the trio. They all immediately turn towards him. They pause for a minute, before Chan looks up and they all instantly recognise him. Seokmin jogs over and extends a hand to him. Chan accepts it and is surprised by Seokmin’s strength.

 

“Channie! What are you doing here?” Soonyoung ran over, after downing about a litre of water.

 

“Channie?” Chan questioned.

 

“Don’t bother asking him to explain it. He does it to everyone. It makes games really confusing.” Jihoon had turned around to face Chan.

 

Soonyoung just repeats the question, “What are you doing here?”

 

Chan sighs, “I got lo-”

 

“Well, nevermind! Come jam with us!” Soonyoung interrupted, dragging Chan by the wrist.

 

Chan’s not exactly sure how it happened, but he found himself dancing alongside Soonyoung, while Seokmin’s amazing vocals deafened him in one ear. It’s not that Seokmin was a bad singer; it’s just his voice is insanely loud. Chan didn’t even want to imagine how loud Seokmin would be with a microphone. Chan thinks he’ll make sure to avoid going near the outerfielders, during softball to protect his hearing. Still, Chan was amazed that the loony, softball team actually had talent. Jihoon’s hands were moving so naturally that Chan believed Jihoon could probably play the piano blindfolded. Soonyoung brought so much energy and life to his dance that Chan was in awe and Seokmin’s vocals were no joke. He’s surprised that a company hasn’t swept him up yet.

 

“Wow! Chan, I didn’t think you would be able to dance!” Soonyoung states after about a minute of dancing.

 

“Idiot, you’re meant to say ‘Wow! You’re great at dancing!’” Jihoon scolded Soonyoung. “I apologise for Soonyoung, he has a tendency to not think through what he’s going to say.” Chan was amazed at Jihoon’s ability to talk while playing piano. He guessed his Mum lied when she told him that only girls can multitask because Jihoon seems to do it effortlessly.

 

“Ah! Sorry!” Soonyoung bowed, mid performance.”

 

“Will you two stop interrupting me while I’m performing?” Seokmin sang.

 

“Hoonie, can’t we finish for today? I want to have some fun!” Soonyoung whined. “Besides me and Seokmin have to go soon!”

 

“You just want to chat with Chan.” Jihoon stated, but stopped playing the piano nonetheless. Soonyoung immediately grabbed his phone out of his bag the moment it stopped.

 

“No, I just wanted to dance to something else for a change.” Soonyoung defended, scrolling through his phone, before shaking his head and diving for Jihoon’s phone. He effortlessly unlocked it and within seconds, Teach me How to Dougie was playing. Seokmin laughed as Jihoon immediately got up.

 

If you had asked Chan to predict what he would be doing at college, a dance battle would not have been one of the things he would have said, but here he was, in the middle of God knows where, dancing it out against Jihoon, Soonyoung and Seokmin, but mainly Soonyoung and Jihoon. Seokmin was just mainly doing some cute move he probably picked up from a girl group song. Chan was impressed though. Jihoon could play piano and dance, not as well as Soonyoung, probably because he doesn’t practice as often, but still pretty well. Next thing you know, Jihoon would turn around and state that he was an amazing singer, as well. Chan now wondered if the other 2 could do other things. Chan could see that Seokmin, given a routine, would be a decent dancer, but he couldn’t be sure about anything else.

 

However, after about 3 songs, Soonyoung and Seokmin had to go to their next classes, leaving Chan alone with Jihoon. That made Chan kind of nervous. Chan didn’t have anything against Jihoon, but he wasn’t exactly sure how to start a conversation with Jihoon and Jihoon didn’t exactly seem like the type to be able to socialise with just about anybody. What would he even say to Jihoon? Jihoon hesitated for a moment, before returning to the piano and beginning to play it again. Chan watched awkwardly for a few moments, before realising how odd it seemed for him to be stood watching him and slowly backing away. Jihoon didn’t seem to notice, so he silently slipped out of the room.

 

Suddenly, Chan feels a hand covering his mouth and an arm wrapped around his body. Unable to scream, Chan is left to helplessly struggle in their grip as he’s dragged away. Chan is eventually dragged into what he guesses is a supply closet, where his kidnapper releases him. He twists around to see none other than Seungcheol stood, staring at him.

 

“Sorry about that, but I didn’t want to distract Jihoon by talking to you there.” Seungcheol bowed.

 

“So you decided to kidnap me instead?” Chan questions.

 

Seungcheol nods, “I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to see how you’re getting on.” He smiled. “No one’s bullying you, right?”

 

“No, other than that one guy that kidnapped me, I’m doing fine.” Chan couldn’t help rubbing his forehead. He was kidnapped for this?

 

“Good! I couldn’t have our maknae being bullied!” Seungcheol beamed. “I see you were hanging out with Woozi, DK and Hoshi! They didn’t do anything weird to you did they?” Seungcheol leaned forward, examining Chan.

 

“No, they just forced me to dance with them.” Chan cleared up.

 

“That’s a relief! DK and Hoshi can sometimes go a bit crazy and Woozi can just be a tad awkward.” Seungcheol sighed.

 

“Does Jihoon hate me?”

 

“What? No! Why would you think that?” Seungcheol leaned forward.

 

“Because he doesn’t want to touch my hands and earlier, the moment Soonyoung and Seokmin left, Jihoon went back to playing piano.” Chan explained.

 

Seungcheol laughed. “Don’t worry! Jihoon only touches certain people’s hands. Like to him Mingyu’s hands are disgusting, yet he’s still friends with Mingyu, even if he whines at him a lot. Those two are genuinely great friends. Jihoon’s just extremely awkward and quite, in a way, shy. Like, he doesn’t talk much until you get to know him and even then, there’s times where he’s really quiet and times where he’ll literally talk with you for ages. He’s bad at expressing himself through conversation anyway, but with you at the moment, his brain’s probably malfunctioning, so he tried to relax himself by distracting himself with work. He always does it. Then, he ends up working for days on end and it’s a nightmare trying to get him to properly look after himself.”

 

Chan blinked a few times processing the information. Seungcheol had a soft expression on his face. It was so very gentle and Chan could see how caring Seungcheol could be.

 

“I just wish that Jihoon would be more honest with me sometimes because at times, it feels like we’re drifting apart.” Seungcheol’s voice was barely a whisper and Chan could see how much Seungcheol was struggling to keep himself together. Seungcheol really cared about Jihoon and Chan wanted no more than to see the two happy with each other. Chan just hoped that, judging by the way Jihoon caresses Seungcheol’s hands, Jihoon feels the same way. However, Chan knew that, at the moment, he was unable to ask anything else of the two of them. All Chan could do was pat Seungcheol on the shoulder and offer him the biggest smile possible. Seungcheol, weakly, smiled back, before rising. “I should probably go give Woozi his lunch.” As quickly as Seungcheol had came, he left, leaving Chan sat in the supply closet to wonder about where the hell he was.

 

Eventually, Chan finds his way out of the building and back to his dorm, where he is now getting ready to go out. Seungcheol told him that they were going out for dinner today, but Chan had no clue whether it was a casual meal or a formal meal, so right now, he was trying his best to merge the two so he could fit either occasion. Fortunately, it was succeeding. However, Jeonghan should be picking him up in like 5 minutes and he was still running around in his boxers, thankful his roommate wasn’t there, but at the same time, it’s times like these he wishes his roommate was here to support him and give him direction. He wasn’t though and Chan was running out of time, so he scrambled to throw some clothes on. Ending up with a baby blue shirt and jeans, and proceeding to decide between trainers or dress shoes. In the end, he decided to wait until Jeonghan arrived and check what Jeonghan was wearing before deciding.

 

He didn’t have to wait too much longer as Jeonghan showed up a couple minutes early and Chan quickly decided upon trainers and sneakily undid one more button on his shirt. He then followed Jeonghan down to the car, who was rambling about how cute Chan was. Chan wanted to argue that the only reason Jeonghan was saying Chan was cute is because he’s the maknae, but then realised this could place him in a position of power over everyone, as Jeonghan seemed keen on claiming him as his own and only Minghao would mess with Jeonghan.

 

Chan easily spotted Hansol, Seungkwan and Jisoo in the car. Jisoo was in the front, which

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter