Dino's Library Date with his Own Species

Batter Swing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8th September 2018

 

Chan was currently in 20, the only library on campus, searching for a history book on the Korean civil war. He already knew a lot about the war from learning about it in highschool, but it was always good to pick up extra knowledge. He had been assigned his first piece of coursework already and he was pretty annoyed about it, which was reasonable, as he had only been at college for about 4 days. He figured that history was probably going to wind up being a pretty stressful subject.

 

“Wonwoo! You said you were taking me some place fun!” Chan heard the distinct whine from the rare Mingyu species of vulgar hygiene and pure clumsiness. Over the past few days of knowing the members of the softballl team, Chan had learned quite a lot about Mingyu. When Chan first met Mingyu, he thought that Mingyu was what most, in highschool, would refer to as a ‘popular’. However, after watching Mingyu interact with the others, Chan learnt that Mingyu was basically a giant toddler, who needed constant surveillance to avoid global destruction by the spread of some unidentified disease or by Mingyu literally blowing something up. He also quickly learnt that Mingyu is unintentionally loud. Mingyu could be whispering and the whole of the softball team -and probably college campus- could hear it. However, Chan had not been told about any of Mingyu’s good qualities yet. He vaguely remembered Wonwoo mentioning Mingyu’s cooking when they first met though.

 

“I lied.” Chan could only guess, Wonwoo said that. “I needed to bribe you here, so you would finish your holiday work for home economics.” Chan didn’t know Wonwoo that well. He had only heard the dark haired guy make the occasional lame joke now and then. However, Chan liked the chill vibe he gave off; it almost seemed liked Mingyu and Wonwoo balanced each other.

 

Chan chose to eavesdrop on their conversation from a safe distance, for research. He wondered if this is what Minghao did to get all the information he has on the other members, but then again, he couldn’t see Minghao.

 

“But, theory is so boring! Why can’t it just all be practical?” Mingyu continued to whine, he was earning some looks from other students, who were getting worried that Mingyu’s loud behaviour may continue to torment them.

 

“Because there would be no evidence of your knowledge.” Wonwoo explained. “Now, can you please be quieter, I know it’s hard for you, but I would quite like to be able to return to this library after today.” Chan was lucky that his hiding place was nearby as it allowed him to hear Wonwoo. He was also lucky that his hiding place was right by the books he needed.

 

A while past like that with Chan listening in on their boring conversation for research, while also researching for history and debating which is the most useful book. Eventually, Mingyu got bored again and started gossiping with Wonwoo about others.

 

“Do you think Josh and Jeonghan are dating?” Mingyu had somehow managed to get Wonwoo on the subject of the other members.

 

“Not publically at least.” Wonwoo shrugged.

 

“Well, of course not! I wouldn’t have asked you if it was publically!” Mingyu’s voice raised slightly and he received another chorus of shushes from the other students.

 

“I don’t know and to be fair, isn’t it better for us if they’re not publically dating? I mean, they already constantly eye around everyone. Imagine if they moved onto constantly kissing and cuddling.” Wonwoo pointed out.

 

“True, but at the same time, the idea of not knowing kills me.” Mingyu returned.

 

“If you’re that desperate to know, sneak into their apartment.” Wonwoo was getting slightly annoyed that Mingyu had given up on his work and was now trying to get Wonwoo to gossip.

 

“Ew… no! If they can barely keep their hands off of each other in public, imagine what they get up to when they’re in their apartment!” Mingyu quickly shut down the idea. Of course, he didn’t shut it down quietly and he was getting quite a few disgusted looks.

 

Wonwoo sighed. “I don’t know then. Ask Minghao if you that badly want to know.”

 

“No way! That’s like selling your soul!” Mingyu raised his hands.

 

“Dude, he’s your best friend!” Wonwoo stated.

 

“That status means nothing when it comes to Minghao’s information network! He probably can hear our conversation right now.” Mingyu leaned in.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole campus could hear you Mingyu.” Wonwoo rubbed his forehead.

 

“Shut up! At least the neighbours don’t complain about me listening to loud music in the middle of the night.” Mingyu pouted.

 

“The reason I have to listen to music in the middle of the night is because I end up working on my coursework at that point as some idiot is forever distracting me in the library.” Wonwoo gritted his teeth slightly. “At least you no longer live with us so I don’t have you pestering me at night as well.”

 

“The only reason I’m unable to pester you now is because you don’t answer my texts and because The8 set up a 10pm curfew rule.” Mingyu whined.

 

“A 10pm curfew rule?” Wonwoo held back a snicker.

 

“Yes. I’m not allowed to get back to the dorm any later than 10pm or else.”

 

“Or else what?”

 

“I don’t know! He won’t ever tell me!” Mingyu whined. “But I doubt it’s good! He’ll probably reveal some huge secret about me!”

 

“So you have some big secret?”

 

“I don’t think so, but The8

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter