Chapter 8 Final

My Werewolf Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Chaeyeon's POV

 

"The dumplings won't grow legs and run away Jie." I teased after she took a few of them with her chopsticks onto her plate.

 

"Sorry... I just love them too much, they taste better than the ones Doyeon made." She said with a mouth full of dumplings.

 

"Jieqiong.. you've gotten so much more beautiful in the past 2 years..." I randomly said while still carefully watching her eat.

 

"Thanks, you too Chae." She replied, smiling back at me in bliss.

 

"And you're so cute as always." I uttered poking her cheeks, then suddenly I noticed that Jieqiong had become stiff, and I whispered in her ear, "What's wrong, love?"

 

She simply answered "Nothing."

 

"Are you sure that you're okay?"

 

She clenched her fists involuntarily and I realized that she was… angry at me still. Which she rightfully should be because I was a real jerk to her and I want to make it up to her so much since I was such a coward.

 

 

Zhou Jieqiong's POV

 

I went numb and in my mind's eye I saw something. My subconscious dragged up the memory of those depressing months after Chaeyeon had left. That whole time that I had suffered, I always knew that I had never been good enough for her and so I accepted that maybe she didn't want me. But in that moment I felt my body heave with pure anger. Because I realized that I hadn't deserved to be put through what she did to me, no one did! And to think she would do it all again made my blood boil.

 

I shoved Chaeyeon fiercely away from me and tried to leave my seat, but she was faster. I tried to scream but she clamped her hand over my mouth and in one second she had me in a vice-like grip and was dragging me down the aisle, to the washroom. She swiftly got us both inside a stall, which seemed impossibly in such a confined space, and locked the door behind us.

 

Chaeyeon held me by the shoulders, firmly but still gently, and her eyes poured over my face anxiously.

 

"What wrong, Jie?"

 

And then I snapped. My body convulsed which the emotion that I had been holding back ever since that terrible day…the words poured out like vomit,

 

"You have no idea what you did to me, how can you act as if nothing ever happened? I thought I was going to die of depression, you ripped my life apart," and I felt the familiar feeling of my chest wanting to split in two but I continued in a pained voice, "You lied to me all those times you said you loved me and you crushed everything in that one day at the island. I don't think I've been living since then…I didn't eat for a whole week… You don't truly love me, I know that now, but maybe you should've thought things through better before you first came into my life."

 

Tears poured down my face making my eyes red and itchy and my throat sore. I started shaking and my body convulsed again. After a while I got my breath back and I slowly looked up to see Chaeyeon's face.

 

She was standing motionless in front of me, her expression was contorted into one of pure revulsion. Her hazel eyes pierced my heart, my anger almost completely vanished so intense was the despair I saw there, but I could not understand her reaction. She slowly reached her hands up to place them around my wet face. Our ours locked and then her voices sounded into the silence and she spoke sadly,

 

"Zhou Jieqiong, I have always known that I was a monster, but now I realize that I am something much worse." Chaeyeon continued, "I didn't know it would happen like that….I..I left you Jie purely for your own benefit, after all that danger I had put you in…but I'm back now," Her voice became strong.

 

She drew me against her chest and I breathed in her fruity scent that I missed. I almost forgot that I was angry at her, but her scent was so intoxicating. I tried to push myself away and found that there was nowhere to move.

 

"Jie," her voice broke. She continued, "It killed me to do what I did to you…I only stayed alive because I thought you were still safe in Seoul." I wished I could believe what she was saying, but she couldn't really mean it...what did she want from me?

 

I took a deep breath, "Chaeyeon, I don't think this will work out." I was being honest, even though I was not as angry as before I couldn't give in to her just like that. Could I just forget what had happened, what she did to me, just like that? No...forgiving her would make it even harder, bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter