Chapter 2

My Werewolf Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Chaeyeon's POV

 

Some werewolves experience a bonding incident called imprinting, in which they become unconditionally tied to another human being.

 

When werewolves imprint, they're forever changed. From the second they see the object of their imprinting, they will do anything to please and protect them no matter what. All commitments in their life becomes secondary, even they're commitments to their pack.

 

I started shape-shifting when I was fifteen. I knew about a few shape-shifters in my extended family but I didn't expect myself to ever be one.

 

I had a girlfriend when I first started to phase, her name was Cathy.

 

I killed her by accident after flying into an uncontrollable rage when we fought. I had never perfected my control of phasing and I tried to remain calm the whole time when we were bickering, but I lacked the ability to calm myself once the fury hit. I realized what was happening with less than a second to react.

 

Flashback

 

"Do you have another girl?!" Cathy screamed, demanding an answer from me.

 

"No. I promise I don't." I replied trying my best to remain as calm as possible.

 

"Why are you being so cold to me then? Huh?" She added, smacking me repeatedly on my arm.

 

I remained silent and focused on keeping my cool, causing Cathy to create a bigger commotion.

 

"Are you keeping something from me? Why won't you say something!"

 

I started to shake and my breathing increased. Moving away from her, I threw my hand up to warn her away. Cathy didn't understand; she thought I was trying to avoid her words.

 

She stepped forward, refusing to let me back away from her accusations. I burst into my wolf form and took up more space than I needed when I was human.

 

"Please just stop yelling and I'll explain everything."

 

My hand still extended to warn her turned into massive claws and raked down her body. Cathy fell unconscious from the serious blow and was sent to the hospital.

 

She was placed in the ICU but we took her off life support soon after; The doctors said that she's brain dead and will never wake up.

 

Flashback Ends

 

I was racked with guilt and so desolated that I wanted to die. In order to carry on with my life after Cathy's death, I put those feelings aside as much as possible but I was never able to forgive myself entirely.

 

I spent two years isolated in a nearby island which I had built a house on. For most of the time, I mourned the death of Cathy and worked on assembling the house.

 

I enrolled myself in this school after I managed to bring myself to face people again. Never did I ever thought that I would imprint on Jieqiong even though I still love Cathy the same way I had before. However, it was irrelevant compared to how I felt about Jieqiong. I knew for certain that the way I felt about Jieqiong would be unbearable without her near me.

 

Zhou Jieqiong's POV

 

"Jung Chaeyeon."

 

No response.

 

"Chaeyeonnn~?" I asked again, gaining silent from the hot blooded girl. She's really hot blooded, like if you put a piece of bacon on her, it would literally start to sizzle.

 

"Hello? Earth to Chaeyeon?!" I said flailing my arms in the air, finally gaining her attention.

 

"Huh? Yes?" She finally answered.

 

"It's time for lunch." I sighed while pointing around empty the classroom, causing Chaeyeon to look around.

 

"Sorry."

 

"It's okay.. Let's go, I'm starving." I muttered sounding annoyed and grabbed my books.

 

"Wait, hold on." Chaeyeon grabbed my wrists and stopped me in my tracks, "This is for you."

 

She held out an origami heart, the words "You're beautiful" is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter