Almost (Taengsic, Yulti)

Soshi Pairings one-shots Collection

 

 

A woman elegantly sat on the piano seat. She readily put her fingers on the piano keys, and then she began to play a melodious tone. With her eyes shut close, she started to sing.

 

Can you tell me

How can one miss what she never had

How could I reminisce when there is no past

How could I have memories of being happy with you boy

Can someone tell me how can this be

 

She glanced at the notes in front of her as she continued playing her piano and singing.

 

How could my mind pull up incidents

Recall dates and times that never happened

How could we celebrate a love that is too late

And how could I really mean the words I’m bout to say

 

She took a deep breath. She sang the song to the chorus part. At the same time, a man came into the practicing room. He folded his arms and leaned on the wall near the window. She didn’t notice him, maybe because she was engrossed deep within the song.

 

I miss the times that we almost shared

I miss the love that was almost there

I miss the times that we used to kiss

At least in my dreams

Just let me take my time and reminisce

I miss the times that we never had

What happened to us we were almost there

Whoever said it’s impossible to miss when you never had

Never almost had you

 

‘You seem to put a lot of emotions in that song, Jessica.’

The woman gasped. She turned her head to meet a familiar person smiling toward her.

 

‘Yul, you scared me…’ she replied, caressing her chest.

‘I just got home from work and accidentally walked past your place, so I came,’ he chuckled.

‘But isn’t the gate is unlo-‘

‘You miss him a lot, yes?’ he interrupted as he seated on the couch comfortably.

 

No respond from the latter. She just stood up from her previous position and grabbed the mineral water from her bag.

 

‘Hey sica, I know you still love him until now. That’s why we broke up.’

Yul said in his soft tone caused Jessica to look at him with are-you-kidding-me face.

 

‘Not like it means I still put my hope on you, you know..’

 

‘Yeah I know. You like Tiffany.’ Now it was his turn to stare at her confusedly. She just replied his confused look with smirk. ‘You’re predictable, the same goes to her.’

‘Whatever. Anyway, do you have any news from him?’ Yul tried to change the topic.

 

‘It’s been a year since he left. He rarely replied my texts, often neglected my emails, and almost never answered my calls. I hardly can reach him.’

 

**

 

‘I love you Jessica.’

‘Eh?’

 

Jessica who was sitting on the bench jolted up, turning her body around. A man greeted her with wide smile displayed on his face. He came nearer and closed the distance between them. He embraced her tightly.

 

‘Taengoo…?’

‘I love you Jessica, do you love me?’

 

Jessica was debating in her mind. She loved him, but don’t know if it’s just as a brother or something more.

 

‘I love you too,’ she finally answered.

 

‘But there’s something I need to tell you,’ he held her hands, kissing it sweetly.

‘What?’

‘We can’t be together for now.’

‘What? Why?’

‘I must go to NYC and live in there for a long time. The company where I work at transferred me to there. I’ll be going tomorrow, so right now I’m saying this.’

‘You didn’t tell me about this before,’ her heart almost exploded when she heard his saying.

‘I don’t know how to tell you, even to tell those 3 words needs encourage. But I don’t have much time left. So I’m telling you, I love you, Jessica.’

 

‘If you love me, stay here.’

 

They both froze in position, gazing at each other’s eyes.

‘I can’t, Sica. I also need the job. I’m not someone who’s rich, and I know everything needs money. Your dad wouldn’t let me marry you if he still sees me as what I’m now.’

‘I don’t need money, I just want you to stay,’ her eyes became teary.

 

Taeyeon just smiled faintly and wiped the tear on the corner of her eyes, ‘I promise I’ll come back. See you.’ He kissed his forehead and left her. Jessica clutched his hand, not wanting him go. But he insisted, ‘Just wait for me patiently, okay?’

 

'Taengoo, I never.... almost had you' she whispered with her trembling voice as she shed her tears.

 

**

 

Her phone beeped, snapped her back to reality with Yul now standing in front of her.

‘Who’s that?’ Yul uttered while watching her read the message.

‘It’s Tiffany. She said she’s outside. Why didn’t she just come in? The gate isn’t locked, right Yul?’

Yul only shrugged, then followed Jessica to the front gate.

 

 

‘Jessi, how come you locked me outside?!’ Tiffany squealed annoyingly.

‘Don’t blame me! I don’t know the gate is locked,’ Jessica replied with slight angry tone.

‘YOU! Don’t you know how long I wait here? It’s like fifteen minutes!!’

 

‘Fifteen minutes is not so long Miyoung!’

‘Oh yeah? It was like the longest fifteen minutes of waiting in my life, Sooyeon! Besides, it’s cold! You want me to die frozen here? What if I suffer hypothermia?’

 

 

‘Hey hey you guys... Isn’t it better to get inside the house first and after that you can argue as long as you like?’

Yul came out from behind Jessica, stopping the American-born duo yelling competition. Tiffany only smiled sheepishly as she watched her crush appeared.

 

‘Yul, you’re here..’

‘So…Yul~ can you explain to me why you can get inside while the gate is locked?’ Jessica tilted her head to ask the man beside her with teasing expression.

‘I climbed the gate. Problem?’ he rolled his eyes and shifted his gaze to Tiffany, ‘Hi Tiffany.’ He smiled so daringly which causing the woman put under the spell.

 

‘Hello, earth to Tiffany, Houston’s calling…’ she nonchalantly nudged her stomach, caused her to grunt. ‘Why are you here? You said you’ll be in Jeolla-namdo.’

 

‘Well, actually I just want you to mee-‘

‘Oi Tiffany, how long must I wait?! It’s friggin cold here you dummy!’ suddenly a familiar voice shouted from behind the car in front of the gate.

 

‘Idiot, I said wait until my sign!’ Tiffany furiously yelled back. ‘Well, Jessica, since you’re my very best friend, I present you-‘

 

Ignoring Tiffany unfinished sentence, Jessica ran to the source of the voice. She just smiled in disbelief when she found the source. Her eyes became teary, her breath became short, and her heart thumped fast.

 

‘Taengoo…’

‘Hi, Sica. Long time no see,’ the man removed his black cap and unveil his face from the scarf wrapped around his neck.

 

Yulti just stood there doing nothing as they watched the reunion of Taengsic. Yul quickly pulled Tiffany to another place, letting the two had their private time.

‘H-hey hey, Yul, w-where do you take me to?’ she didn’t get any response from him.

 

 

They went to a cafe where they held their first meeting.

 

‘Yul, tell me why you drag me to here?’ her puzzled look never leave her face ever since. Yul just sat on the stool and remained silent. ‘Just sit, Tiffany,’ he tapped the vacant seat next to him.

 

‘I just want to say that I…’

 

‘You…?’

 

‘I…like you. Do you want to try this out?’

 

‘Ummm.. What?!’

 

**

 

‘Oh look, they left us,’ Taeyeon stared at the two figures disappearing in the corner end.

 

Suddenly, Jessica kissed him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, not bothering if other passerby watched them or not. Soon they broke the kiss.

 

‘Don’t you ever think I’ll lose you again this time,’ she cupped his face.

‘I’m not trying to escape from your embrace either. I miss you, Jessica,’ he hugged her and lifted her up. ‘Can we go inside? I’ve been outside for a long time.’

 

‘Want me to warm you?’ she teasingly asked.

‘Is that an offer?’ he ruffled her hair.

 

‘Only if you can catch me,’ she whispered seductively before running into the house. Jessica flashed her biting lip look to seduce him as Taeyeon chased her to the house .

 

**

 

'So, mind to tell me why did Taeyeon come up with you? You've set all of this for Jessica?'

Yul fixated his eyes on the girl who could be called his girlfriend now.

 

'No, I didn't even think about it until last night he called me, he's going to make a surprise for her. I said it's better to save it for her performance the day after tomorrow which is tomorrow now, but he said he can't wait any longer to meet her. That's why..'

 

'Oh, I thought you have special relationship with him,' he abruptly said.

 

'Of course not! If I did, I'd be a prey of hungry HellSica. Other than that, I only like one people for so long...'

Tiffany faked a cough, a pinkish tint displayed on her cheeks.

 

'Who? He is so lucky.'

 

'No, he's so coward as he takes a long time just to confess to me.'

 

'At least, now that "he" has the girl of his dream.'

 

They both looked at each other, laughing at their silliness. Yul cuddled Tiffany closer and kissed her blushing cheek.

 

 

 

 


 

 

You know I must be inspired by Jessica's solo, "Almost" XD
I just love hearing her pure voice along with the piano!

Btw, it's 2 in the morning here, I upload it after I finish my physics hw. Such a diligent student right? lol nevermind ^^

So?

Comments? Thank youssssss :3