Wish I was there for you (Yulsic)

Soshi Pairings one-shots Collection

 

We used to be so close and no one can separate us. Then I had to go away to further my study and leave you behind.

 

‘Sica do you really need to go?’

‘Yuri ah~~ you know this is my dream? I want to become the world most renown lawyer~’ I said with a smile and my dear best friend Yuri scorns upon hearing my remark.

‘I will miss you…’ she pouts and hugs me tightly.

I don’t want to leave her behind because we are very close like sisters…or like lover. I’ve always have this strange feeling toward Yuri but I don’t know why am I feeling that way but I decide to ignore it.

‘Yuri ah! Why don’t we go out and celebrate?’ I suggested and I reach out for my purse on my desk.

‘Why don’t we just stay at home and spend our time together? Tomorrow you’re no longer here and I’m going to miss you like a crazy puppy!’

I hug her after she utters those words and we stay on my bed for sometime until it’s the time for her to go home.

When it’s time for her to leave, I send her to the front door and bid each other good bye.

‘Well…tomorrow I might not able to send you to the airport…’ she said in her saddest tone and I nod to indicate that I understand her.

We hug the one last time before she gets in her car and drove away.

 

31/12/11

Finally I reached my new school!! I am too excited for my new beginning here in foreign country and oh I can’t wait to tell both Yuri and Taeyeon (Heeyoung) about this!! Although there is one problem that I am facing right now, I need to wait for the internet to get connect.

 

Once I got my internet connection fixed up I immediately log in to my Skype account and wait for the two of my best friend.

I waited for 10 minutes and finally there they are!!

 

‘Hey!! I miss you two!!’ I squeal when I saw them especially Yuri.

 

‘Yo what’s up!! Have you seen any good looking guys there yet?!!’ Taeyeon asks with her dorky attitude.

 

‘No~~ I’m just staying in the house…’ I replied.

 

‘Hey! Sica do you know that last night Taeyeon confess to Tiffany?’

‘Yah!!’ Taeyeon smacks my Yuri’s head.

 

‘Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Who give your permission to smack Yuri’s head?’ I scold her.

 

‘Mianeh~~’ she apologizes.

 

We had a nice conversation though most of the time it was Taeyeon that speak up. She always cut Yuri when Yuri was about to speak up but me and Yuri speak through our eyes because we don’t need word to express how much we miss each other.

 

5/1/12

It’s the 4th day of my orientation in my new school and when I went home to check on my email I receive an emergency email from Taeyeon. She wants me to call her so I call her and ask her the reason of the sudden request.

 

‘Jessica…I got bad news for you…’

 

‘Oh? What is it?’

 

‘Yuri…she’s…’

 

I sensed something wrong in her voice and I don’t know why I got anxious all of sudden.

‘Yuri what?’

 

‘Yuri…she fell in a drain and…her body still can’t be found…’

 

‘What?’ I heard Taeyeon sighs at the line before she continues.

 

‘It’s raining heavily here so our school area got flooded and Yuri was trying to save one little kid from falling to the drain. The current is too strong for her to fight even though she’s a good swimmer…and she got flushed away by the current…right now…the police and all the volunteers are looking out for her…I’m so sorry to let you know this news but as Yuri’s best friend…you deserve to know…’

 

My heart stops at her explanation. Yuri…probably is dead out there after being flushed away by the strong current.

 

‘Stay strong Sica…I will call you again if there is any new information on Yuri…let’s pray for her…’

 

Once Taeyeon hung up I wail my heart out. I wasn’t there beside her when she needed me…I feel like my world has come to the end if Yuri really die. I didn’t even get a chance to tell her how much I love her. I should have been always being there for her but look at me now. I am here in a foreign country while my other friends are over there looking out for Yuri. As her best friend I couldn’t be there for her for the last time. I never knew that the time we skype together was the last time I saw her.

 

 

“Death is not a thing that we can predict…we don’t know when our time is going to end. So what best is we should enjoy our lives as much as we can. Don’t do reckless things that you will end up regret later on. We should treasure the memories that we have with the people around us. Learn to love but not to hate…life is short and it’s just like the burning candle that someday eventually will extinguish.”

 

 

This story…I wrote in tears…on late evening of 4/1/12 I received a news from Author Heeyoung telling that one of my best friend died when she fell in a drain nearby their school. Heeyoung said that their school got flooded and she (Our friend) can’t see where the drain is and she fell in and was washed away by the heavy current of the water and till now her body was no where to be found…She’s a big fan of SNSD too…and her bias is Yuri. I want to dedicate this story to her. She was a great friend…a really good one…I can’t stop crying when I type this story. Rest in peace to her.