Suspicion Suspicion (YulSic)

Soshi Pairings one-shots Collection

 

"quit whining and eat your dinner!"
 
"but i don't want you to go!"
 
"i'm not going anywhere. see? I'm here with you."
 
"but I have a feeling you'll disappear from me."
 
Yuri stood up, approaching the sulky brunette across the dining table. She her hair and kissed her bun, reassuring the girl.
 
"i'm not going anywhere."
 
"promise?"
 
"i promise, Jessica."
 
Yuri smiled widely and wrapped her hands around Jessica. She saw Jessica fidgeting on her seat, so she quickly reached her chin.
 
"something bothers you?"
 
Yuri didn't get any reply, the only thing she saw was frown on that beautiful face. Jessica's brown round eyes stared blankly at her. Yuri pursed her lips.
 
"hey, what happened?"
 
"it's.. nevermind." Jessica shut her eyes and shook her head reluctantly. She got up to collect the dishes and put it on the sink. "i'm going to bed."
 
Yuri watched her retreating back and disappeared behind the wall. A sigh escaped . It had been a tiring day for her and Jessica, might as well sleep. But there was something she needed to do. Something important. She glanced at the clock on the wall, it was 7 pm on the dot.
 
'I need to call her.' said Yuri inwardly.
 
Yuri scurried to her bag, rummaging it with both hands. A smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she found her phone and she quickly dialed someone's number.
 
"hello?"
 
"this is Yuri."
 
"oh, what's up?"
 
"remember the plan?"
 
"plan? ahhh, i know, i know. the plan? it's all set."
 
"good."
 
"when will you proceed?"
 
"tomorrow."
 
"did she show any suspicion?"
 
"yes, but barely catch it."
 
"my, my. Yuri you should be an actress instead."
 
"yeah, but I love my current job."
 
"is it because you're working with me?"
 
"stop flirting with me, Hwang."
 
"but you like it, don't you?"
 
"do I like it? heh. alright, I gotta go. i'm afraid she'll listen to us."
 
"yeah, you've been planning on this since forever. don't blow everything up. for us."
 
"yeah, for us. and her."
 
"good night, then."
 
"wait, did I just hear something? are you with somebody?"
 
"no, it's just TV."
 
"you're watching ?"
 
"hell no. i'm hanging up."
 
 
*click*
 
 
"I hope everything goes smoothly." Yuri said half-whispering.
 
"what goes smoothly?"
 
A voice cracked up behind her, causing her to turn around. It was Jessica, in her pajamas, arms folded on her chest.
 
"Sica, I thought you're asleep." Yuri found herself smiling at her awkwardly. Must regain composure, or else Jessica would smell something fishy.
 
"I can't sleep." Jessica rubbed the back of her neck. "Can we talk?"
 
"Sure." Yuri took a seat on the dining chair but she saw Jessica stepped outside of the dining room. She followed her to the balcony. Slipping out in the cold spring night was a bad idea as Yuri's body shivered at the touch of the cold tile. Thank God Jessica was wearing socks.
 
 
"Sica?" Yuri called but Jessica simply turned at her and smiled bitterly. "Sica, what is it? Don't make me freak out.."
 
"Freak out? You?" Jessica snorted. "It should be me, you know."
 
"Sorry?"
 
"You, do you realize that lately we become distant?" Jessica paused, her hands gripped the cold railing of the balcony. "Yuri, I don't understand. Do you really love me?" Jessica leaned, her eyes never left Yuri.
 
Yuri swallowed. "Of course I do."
 
"Then why, I feel that now you don't love me anymore."
 
"How can you say that?"
 
"Are you cheating behind me?"
 
"What?" Yuri said incredulously.
 
Jessica pulled Yuri into her embrace. She buried her face deep in her chest. Yuri almost stumbled backward because of her sudden action. Thank God she master on Yoga.
 
"I really love you, Kwon Yuri. There's nothing else in this world for me. Only Yul." Jessica said, her voice muffled. She then looked up to her lover. "I don't know what will I do if you leave me. But I will surely do anything for you to stay with me, even if I have to jump from here."
 
Yuri had her eyes wide, bemused. "You're not serious, right? Don't- Do not do stupid things, Sica! We're standing on level 35 of this goddamn skyrise apartment!"
 
Jessica's face grew dark. She could burst out crying soon and Yuri wouldn't want that to happen.
 
"So, do you still love me?"
 
"Yes, Jung Jessica, I still love you. Forever and always."
 
Jessica bounced gleefully, leaving Yuri dumbfounded. There was no hint of gloom on her face like what she put on for a while back then. Jessica pecked her lips and rested her hands on her nape.
 
"I love you, too. Now shall we go to sleep?"
 
Yuri nodded promptly and intertwined their hands. She led them to their shared bed.
 
 
~
 
 
"So, what do you think?"
 
"I still think she's cheating behind me."
 
"What makes you think so?"
 
Sooyoung put her cup back on the saucer after sipping on her black coffee while listening attentively to her bestfriend, Jessica. They gathered on a corner at a small coffee shop near their office.
 
"gut feelings."
 
"And you believe that?" Sooyoung narrowed her eyes to the girl sitting beside her.
 
"Well, I can sense it. I saw her with this co-worker of hers two days ago at a jewelry shop."
 
"Jewelry shop?"
 
"Yeah, and you know what? She seemed to buy her a ring."
 
"A ring?!" Sooyoung nearly choked on her own coffee as she was taking another sip.
 
"Soo, are you okay?"
 
"Phew, you almost killed me there." Sooyoung dabbed with clean napkin on the table. She reclined and crossed her arms. "So? What will you do?"
 
"For now, I'll just watch her. I don't want to accuse her further for now, I'm afraid it'll irk her."
 
"But what if she really do? Cheating?"
 
"Well, I don't know what I'll do. It's beyond me."
 
 
Suddenly someone called both of them, "Hi, guys! Am I late?"
 
"Look who's late again for god knows how many times." Sooyoung said, hinting mockery on her tone.
 
"I'm sorry, the situation in my office is kinda hectic." A girl with dark jet hair approached closer, her eyes formed two crescent moons and she flashed a bright smile that can put the sun to shame. The face was showing apology.
 
"That's ok, Fany. I'm glad you still make it."
 
"Oh, Jessi. Of course I will. For my two bestest, I'll do anything. Especially you, my cousin."
 
Tiffany gave a hug to each of them before finally sat down on the wooden chair across the two who currently sharing sofa for two person.
 
 
"I think I haven't informed you all." Jessica broke the engulfing silence, waiting Tiffany and Sooyoung and their approval before proceeding. "I've been having nightmare.. of losing Yuri."
 
"What?" Tiffany and Sooyoung yelled in unison.
 
"For how long?" Tiffany asked in stern voice. Jessica knew she was mad at her.
 
"About.. a week?"
 
"A week and you didn't tell us!?" Sooyoung snapped.
 
"Calm down guys. It's just bad dream."
 
"And I know it's been haunting you, yes? And as Tiffany here missed our earlier chat, I'll tell her that here, our beloved friend Jessica, is having a thought that Yuri is cheating."
 
'Yes.' Tiffany's mind yelled. She quickly hid her little smile behind her rant. "Jessica, why didn't you tell us? I told you that me and Sooyoung will help no matter what. We're bestfriends and that's what bestfriends do."
 
Jessica eyed her two friends, hesitant. "I just don't want to burden you two."
 
"That's not an excuse."
 
"Yeah, she's right. Tiffany is right."
 
Jessica heaved a tiring sigh. She cocked an eyebrow when she spotted someone familiar outside the coffee shop.
 
"Yuri? What is she doing here?"
 
 
~
 
 
What are you doing?
-Tiffy
 
Eating lunch, why?
-Yul
 
Don't lie to me I see you roaming around
-Tiffy
 
Eh? Where are you?
-Yul
 
Not important. Look, Jessi's coming right at your way. Just avoid her.
-Tiffy
 
 
Yuri blinked at her phone screen. Jessica?
 
"Yuri!"
 
Yuri silently cursed as she recognized the voice calling her. She could not mistake it, her ears perked when the voice called her name; it sounded so right. The anxiety grew, she couldn't be seen by her. No, not now. Not when she was wrapping up her plan.
 
Jessica fasten her pace as she saw Yuri's shadow slowly dispersed into sea of people. Curiousity drove her, she walked as fast as she could toward Yuri. The phone on her hold suddenly rang. A message. Yuri?
 
 
Meet me at the new French Restaurant tonight at 9. I'm in the middle of meeting. I love you.
-Yul
 
 
"Your lying skill is so poor." Jessica mumbled and shook her head while keeping her eyes aware of Yuri. Where was she?
 
"Did you find her?" A tap on her shoulder startled her.
 
"Fany? You scared me."
 
"I followed you. I'm afraid something bad happen."
 
"Where's Sooyoung?"
 
"Went back to her office."
 
"Oh.." Jessica looked down to the concrete curb. "I lost her."
 
"That's fine. It could be someone else."
 
"But I'm sure it's her. The coat, that's exactly the coat I gave her on our-" Jessica gasped, she felt a pang on her heart. She just realized something. "I need to go, Fany."
 
"Jessi? Where are you going?"
 
Tiffany was left alone, perplexed. She snapped back to reality when the cool breeze sent chill down her spine. She forgot her coat on the coffee shop.
 
 
~
 
 
11.30 pm.
 
 
The apartment door was slammed shut. Someone just came in. Yuri, dressed in her drenched coat. Water droplets fell from her wet hair. It was raining outside. She put off her coat, showing the dress she wore underneath. plumps, the dress ended only above her knees. She looked beautiful, but it didn't matter anymore.
 
 
The door to the bedroom creaked open. Yuri looked around, no one in sight. She sat on the edge of the bed. Her shoulder slouched and she stared at the floor listlessly.
 
Everything is ruined. The plan ruined.
 
Yuri clutched her face, quietly sobbing. The sob grew harder when a shadow watched her.
 
 
Jessica slowly appeared on the doorframe, wearing her pajamas. She sneaked behind Yuri and hugged her waist. She launched forward when Yuri abruptly freed herself from her.
 
And then the staring contest began. Jessica had her head tilted, staring deeply into Yuri's dark pools.
 
After what seemed like eternity, Yuri opened to speak.
 
 
"Why didn't you come?"
 
"Why did you lie?"
 
"You're not answering my question here." Yuri fumed and rested her hands on her hips.
 
"I remembered that today is our second anniversary. And tomorrow is my birthday."
 
"So?"
 
"This can't be real.."
 
"What? What can't be real?"
 
"I'm sorry but Yuri, I had nightmares. And it all felt surreal. Last night I had one too. You texted me on our anniversary day, you asked me to a dinner you set. And.."
 
"And there I saw you, with someone else. I saw you on your knee, proposing that lucky girl.
 
You know that lately I've been suspecting you. I just.."
 
"Just because of that?!" Yuri snarled, her voice raised. She sighed and held Jessica's hand while she bent on her knee.
 
"Jessica, I won't cheat. I'm just doing this for your birthday surprise. I was going to ignore you a little, care less about you. And it worked. I'm sorry I know it's really moronic." Yuri leaned closer. "And now you didn't go to our anniversary dinner? Why?"
 
"I saw you. I saw you with someone else. That day, on the jewelry shop. You were buying her a ring."
 
Yuri hugged Jessica who was in the verge of crying. "I'm sorry if I'm a little childish with all of these. That was my co-worker, I asked her to accompany me because Tiffany said her fingers are the same size as yours."
 
"Wait, Tiffany?" They pulled out from the hug. Jessica's eyebrow furrowed. "She knew it all along?"
 
"Of course. She's my crime partner. It supposed to be her, but she was stuck on her project so she asked somebody else." Yuri smiled playfully when the thought of everything she had planned crossed her mind. "Silly, isn't it? Tiffany is the one who force me to do all of these. After all, she wants what best for you."
 
 
 
"Okay, now I won't waste my time. You wait here." Yuri kissed Jessica's forehead before heading out somewhere. She came back with her hands behind her back.
 
"Should I close my eyes?"
 
"If you want, but nah. Don't. We'll just do this quick. I'm tired. Can't you see my damp clothes?"
 
"Sorry." Jessica chuckled. "It was raining hard outside, I'm really sorry."
 
Yuri placed her index finger on Jessica's lips. "Shhh that's ok. Not entirely your fault. I walked out from the restaurant to my car without umbrella."
 
 
Yuri readied herself in her position, kneeling before Jessica. In the dimly lit room the only thing that glowed was her eyes, aside from the little diamond ring she held on her hand.
 
 
"Jung Jessica, will you marry me?"
 
"Yes, absolutely."
 
 
Yuri slid on the ring to Jessica's finger. She kissed her hand tenderly before pulling her into a tight hug.
 
"This will be the best birthday present ever. Thank you Yuri."
 
"Anything for you, Sica. I love you so much."
 
"Me too, I love you so much, Yuri."
 
 
After pulling out from the hug, Yuri started to kiss Jessica's neck, savouring every moment and every exposed skin of Jessica.
 
 
 
 

How was it? The comment box is down there, drop something ok?

Sorry if it isn't like what you expect. Yeah, I'm looking at you Heeyoung (lol)
I'm sorry for the delay everyone! T__T
My first ever YulSic story. I hope this will suffice as my debut. I rushed a bit, but hopefully it will turn out fine. I guess it's safe to say that YulSic is growing on me. :>
See you around, peeps! ^^
 
For Yuri's dress.
 
And when Jessica chased Yuri, this what she wears.
 

Have a good day everyone! And Happy Birthday to Jessica Jung! ♡