The One That Got Away

Soshi Pairings one-shots Collection

 

Please do listen to Katy Perry's 'The one that got away' while reading this one shot...it'll help in getting the mood up ^^ 

 

Golden Disk Award

 

'...and the winner of our Artist of the year goes to...' opening envelope

'Oh! She just won 'the song of the year' award just now through her 'The one that got away' and again...she won this award too! I guess everyone already know who she is right?'

The crowds chant over Tiffany Hwang's name.

'The winner of the artist of the year is...Tiffany Hwang!!'

The stadium shakes up with the crowds cheering for the winner of the artist of the year. The solo singer from the SME climbs up the stage to get her trophy and they asked her to give a speech or two.

 

'I...I'm speechless...I don't know what to say!' she was too surprised and excited that she won 'the artist of the year' 'I...I would like to thank God...first of all...then...to my parents...and not to forget my fans!! Thank you for supporting me! I don't know what else to be said! This award is not for me...but for you who had always be there for me...and supported me...thank you very much I love you!' she gives everyone flying kisses and steps down the stage with her prize.

 

 

Somewhere at Seoul

 

'Bwoh...Yuri ah...isn't that your ex-girlfriend? Tiffany Hwang?' Im Yoon points at the TV with his chopsticks.

'Yeah...so what?'

'Can you really believe this? She used to be the most....well I mean she's a nerd back in high school but look at her now! She's a shinning star! She's our national treasure!'

Yuri pretends that he didn't listen to his friend and continue to fix his customer's car.

'Yah...Yuri ah!'

'What?!' Yuri was pissed at Yoon because he keeps on bothering him in work.

'Why did you break up with her 3 years ago?'

'It's a sensitive question Yoon...don't ask...'

'Are you like...still like her?' Yoon blurts out.

Yuri stops screwing the not of the engine and he stares at the empty space and then he turns to Yoon 'No...We’re over...'

Yoon looks straight into Yuri's eyes and he's avoiding his gaze.

'Really?'

'Yes...will you stop asking me stupid question and help me get this car fix?'

'Dude! It's 9pm! We're so over working hour!' Yoon protests when Yuri asked him to help.

'I promised the owner I'll get it done by tomorrow...'

'Alright...I'll help you if you confess that you still like her!' Yoon blackmails Yuri.

'I told you I'm not!'

'Then...why do you still have her picture in your car?'

'It's fine if you don't want to help...just stay quiet there...and don't say her name anymore...' Yuri tried to run away from the topic.

'Yuri...you still love her...just admit it...' Yoon says with a smirk and then a screwdriver landed on his face.

'What the hell dude?!!'

'I told you to stay quiet and let me work...why don't you just go home?!' Yuri grunts and continues on his job to fix the car.

'You are my roommate dude! If you hold the key how am I going to go home?' and as soon as he finished his words a key flung to him.

'Now...go home...' Yuri threatened with his angry voice.

'Alright~~ but again...you can't lie to yourself Yul...' Yoon walks out from the workshop leaving Yuri standing beside the car that he's fixing and he looks very angry and lost.

'Tiffany...' he mumbles the name that he always tried to forget in these 3 years but he couldn't do it because his love for her is so deep till he suffered enough for 3 years without being by her side.

'We're never meant to be...'

 

 

The next day

SooSun workshop 10am

 

'Dawg...I'm hungry...' Yoon whines while sprawled on the old couch by the corner of the workshop.

'Why don't you go buy us some breakfast? I'm hungry too...' Yuri takes out some cash and hand it to Yoon.

'Really?! You pay?'

'I'm handing you the money am I?' Yuri questions Yoon with his eyebrow raised.

'Okay~You're my best pal in the world!' Yoon gives him a tight hug.

'Yeah...whatever...I only becomes your best pal when I'm willing to pay for your meal am I?' Yuri sarcastically scoffs at him.

'Owh...you're bad~ but I like that kind of Yuri! He's bad but he's kind hearted as well!! Okay buddy tell me what you want?'

'Just get me some sandwich and milk tea...'

'Roger~ I'll go and buy it now~ any other request?' Yoon happily stuck the money in his pocket.

'Yeah...buy me a box of cigarette...'

'Yuri...I thought you have quitting smoking...' Yoon narrows his eyes.

'I didn't quit...I just slow down with it....now go or I'll take back my treat...'

'Okay okay...don't ask don't answer...I get it...bye~' Yoon skipping his way out from the workshop.

Yuri takes out his cigarette and lights it up 'You are really my best friend when I'm down...' Yuri says to his cigarette and puffs out the smokes.

 

 

 

Somewhere near the stall that Yoon buying their breakfast

 

'Aish...Jinjja...' two girls complaining while kicking on their car.

'I hate this car!' one of the girls kicks hard on the tyre that was flat.

'Unnie...what are we going to do?' the younger one asks in worry tone because they are in a stranger place.

 

'Is there anything wrong?' suddenly Yoon appears out of nowhere and asked them.

'Oh!! You scared me!!' the older girl was startled at his approached.

'Sorry Miss...I didn't mean to scared you...I was just trying to help...I see that you have a flat tyre there...do you want me to help you too fix it?' Yoon offers his help.

'You know how to fix?'

'Yep...I work at the workshop over there~' Yoon points at the SooSun Workshop.

'Oh...can you do it quick?'

'Wait a sec...OMG! You...you are Tiffany Hwang!!' Yoon shrieks in excitement.

'Shhh! Keep it low...I don't want people to see me!' Tiffany shushes him up.

'Oops...Sorry Miss Tiffany...umm can I get your autograph after I fix your car?' Yoon clasps his hands together and beg like a girl.

'Ah...alright...but please fix my car quickly.'

'Alright! I'll call my buddy over and we'll fix your car in no time! Here hold this...' Yoon hands the plastic bags that he was holding to the girl that is with Tiffany and sprints toward the workshop.

'He's cute! Don't you think so Fany unnie?'

'Yes...he's cute Seohyun ah~~ Ooh~~ You like him?'

'I only say he's cute not I like him~' Seohyun blushes.

 

 

'Yuri! You gotta follow me! Get your screw driver and tool box! And a spare tyre!'

'Why? What's the rush?'

'Damsel in distress and as a good gentleman we are~ let's help them!' Yoon takes everything that he needs and then he rolls a spare tyre to Yuri.

'You carry the tyre~'

'Where's our breakfast?' Yuri asks with a slight of annoyed tone.

'We'll eat after fix the flat tyre!' Yoon rushes Yuri and Yuri lifts up the tyre and carries it on his shoulder.

 

 

'Where is he?' Tiffany starting to get inpatient and she starts to fan herself and then two she saw two figure running toward them.

'Oh! There he is! Look unnie! He even brought a friend!' Seohyun points at Yoon.

'Sorry ladies we're late! Well this lazy bum over here is a slow poke!' Yoon smacks Yuri behind the head but Yuri keeps his cool.

'Yuri...' Tiffany gasps.

Yuri turns his head to the left to look at the person who called him and he was surprised to see Tiffany standing right in front of him '......Hello...Miss Tiffany...' he greets awkwardly after 3 years.

'Miss...Tiffany...Yuri ah...since when did you become so formal around me?' Tiffany asks with a hurt tone.

'You know him? Unnie?' Seohyun asks but she was ignored by Tiffany as Tiffany still waiting for the boy's answer.

'Yoon...let's get this tyre fix up and go back to our workshop...Mrs. Boss probably is going to kill us if she found us missing...' Yuri ignores Tiffany question and crouch on the ground to change the flat tyre.

'So that was it? You going to ignore me? After all that we going through? You're just going to ignore me?' Tiffany continues to ask question and Yuri continue to ignore her.

'Kwon Yuri...in these 3 years...I've been missing you like crazy and I even went back to our hometown to find you....but they told me you've move out from town and I was heartbroken when they told me that you didn't want to see me again...Yuri...why are you doing this to me?'

'.........' there was a silent from Yuri and he puts down the tools and stand up to face Tiffany 'I don't understand what are you trying to say Miss Tiffany...I don't think I ever meet you before...You are the Hallyu star while me just a low profile mechanic...' Yuri deflects all off Tiffany's statement.

 

'They know each other?' Seohyun whispers to Yoon and Yoon nods with a sad face. He thought if he reunites the two of them Yuri will be happy seeing his long lost love but things get reverse instead.

'What happened to them?' Seohyun asks again.

'It's a long story...' Yoon sighs.

 

'You've change Yuri ah...'

'Change? I'm not Hyuna of 4Minute...' he fakes a joke and laugh.

'Yuri ah...'

'Look Miss Tiffany...I don't know you okay? I'm just a mechanic boy who works under two freaks name Sooyoung and Sunny in a workshop call SooSun workshop...that's it...and that tyre cost you 70 dollar...' Yuri points at the tyre that he changed.

'I'm so...disappointed in you!' Tiffany spat and takes a few cash from her purse and throws it at his face 'Take that money!'

'Thank you for using our service...' Yuri picks up the money that fallen on the ground and smiles at Tiffany which caused the Idol to be more pissed.

'Come on Seohyun let's get out of here...' Tiffany drags Seohyun back into the car and drives away.

 

'Dude! Why did you do that for?! You just made a Hallyu star pissed at you!' Yoon scolded him.

'You disappointed me Yoon...' Yuri hands Yoon the money and snatch away the plastic bag from Yoon's hand and fish for his sandwich and cigarette 'Tell boss I'm taking a day off today...' Yuri lights up a cigarette and walk away.

'Yah!' Yoon calls for him but he didn't turn back to answer his call.

'Are you going to let me handle the workshop alone?!' and Yuri only rises up his hand and waves at Yoon to answer his question.

 

 

SME building

 

'Unnie! Fany unnie! What happen back there? You know that tanned mechanic guy?' Seohyun forcing Tiffany to answer her but Tiffany ignore her questions.

'Yah unnie! Please tell me!' Seohyun grabs a hold of her hand to stop her from walking farther.

Tiffany was crying and Seohyun feels sorry for asking too much and she hugs her to make she feels better 'Oh my...unnie I'm sorry if I asked too much...what actually happen between you two?' Seohyun asks gently while patting Tiffany on her back.

'Seohyun ah...'

'Deh...'

'Do you know where I got the inspiration to write the song 'The one that got away'?' Tiffany asks her back.

'No...' Seohyun shakes her head.

'I write that song because I was thinking of him...'

'Huh...'

'Before I became a trainee in SM...he was my boyfriend...but then when I get into SM...the agency management want me to break up with him...' Tiffany slowly tells her story to Seohyun.

'He was hurt...but...becoming an artist is my top priority that time...we had a spat...and...'

 

 

Flashback to 3 years ago

 

'So you choose career over me?!'

'Why are you so emotional Yuri ah? I thought you said you're going to support me in everything I do?!'

'I never like the idea of you becoming a singer!'

'Being a singer is my dream! I won't let anyone to stop me from being a singer! Why can't you understand that?!' Tiffany cried.

'....' Yuri gives a silent answers and he's sitting on her couch with back facing her.

'Yuri...it's only will be in 2 years and after I debut...we can be together again...you know I love you right and I always do...' Tiffany approaches him and she hugs him from back but Yuri yanks her hand away and get up 'Yuri...?' Tiffany was surprised by his rejection.

'Tiffany...we're over...our relationship is over...now you can go and tell SM that...hope you're happy with whatever you do...' Yuri gets his jacket and leaves the apartment.

 

End of flashback

 

 

'I didn't know...he really meant it...I thought he said we're over as in a fake break up so I could tell SM that we're over...but when I debuted...He left me a letter saying that...he...meant what he said when he wanted us to break up...I shouldn't force him that time...I really regret...' Tiffany cries on Seohyun's shoulder after she finished her story.

 

 

 

Han River

 

 

Yuri walks along the river bank and he hears the song ‘The one that got away’ was played by the radio of one of the stall along the river bank and that song makes he remembered what happened 3 years ago.

 

 

3 Years ago

 

‘So you are Yuri…’ Mr. Hwang asks him.

‘Yes…I am…and you are?’ Yuri narrows his eyes trying to squeeze out anyone’s name from his mind.

‘I’m Tiffany’s father…’ the man answers coldly.

‘Ah! Mr. Hwang! Nice to meet you!’ Yuri offers a handshake but Mr. Hwang looks at the state of his hand and make a disgust face to reject his handshake.

Yuri realizes that he’s hand was stained by the oil from the car engine and he was ashamed by it when he got rejected by his lover’s father.

‘Ummm…so what can I help you Mr. Hwang? Umm…you car have any problem? I can fix it…’

‘How long have you work in this filthy workshop Yuri?’

‘Er…well…I started like 6 months ago…you see I needed some money to pay for my school fee since my dad…well he’s in the hospital now and can’t provide me any money to pay for the rent and I need to work to make some money…’ Yuri says with a sincere smile.

‘Well Yuri…I came not for listening to your life story…I came to tell you…break up with my girl…’

‘What?’

‘You heard me…she’s a businessman’s daughter…and she’s from the higher society…and now that she’s accepted into SM to be their trainee…I want you to break up with her…her future will be dull if she’s with you…’ Mr. Hwang tries to convince him.

‘…but…we love each other and no one can break us apart…’

‘Yuri…look at you and look at me…do you think you can provide everything my princess need with your this type of job? Can you afford a car like mine? A car that cost for almost 1 million dollar with this type of job?’

‘….No…but…for me…job or status isn’t really that important…’

‘She used to live in high society life Yuri…I don’t want my baby girl to suffer living in a poor society like yours…break up with her…do you hear me? You and her were never meant to be…she’s like the stars and you…are like a wolf that howling at the moon…’ he pats him on the shoulder and went back to his car.

Yuri was angry but he couldn’t do anything because what Mr. Hwang said about him was right. What was he thinking when he decided to went out for a date with Tiffany?

 

End of flashback

 

 

Yuri chuckles and smokes another cigarette and enjoy the view of the river ‘Fany ah…I’m not the one that got away…but…the one that shouldn’t be with you…’ he says to himself and starts to sing along with the song.

‘I’ll always love you and pray that you achieve the best in your life…’ Yuri puffs for the last time and throw the cigarette into the river and walk his way back to the workshop while singing ‘The one~~~ the one~~~ The one that got away…’

 

 

The End

 

Hey it's me Alice93 ^^ it's a pleasure to work with these two 'dorks' lol~ The older one Heeyoung thanks for using blue...and the maknae...why did you choose red? lol So...if the author note is written in pink that's me--->Alice93 ^^ I hope you guys could subsribe to this story...I was listening to Katy Perry's song earlier and the 'The one that got away lyric' caught my attention and the urge of writing this story come up so here is the result ^^ do leave a comment...and Merry christmas to those who's celebrating ^^ :D