Chapter 5

Right Over There. . .

  It was a cold and chilly morning. Taehyung rolled around the bed, trying to find a comfortable spot so he could go back to sleep. When he noticed the empty spot next to him. 'Did Jungkook already wake up?' he thought.

Taehyung stood up and walked to the kitchen 'Where is he?'. The elder was starting to get worried, Jungkook never mentioned having class this early, it's not like any teacher would be teaching at 7:15am. 

It had been a week since Jungkook moved in. Unlike Taehyung, Jungkook had made it his mission to befriend every one in the building. This annoyed Taehyung because people would knock on his door to ask if Jungkook was home, which he always was. That was the similarity between the two, neither of them liked to go outside.

Their morning was almost the same: wake up, get dressed, attend class, study and take a break. Although Taehyung spent most of his time gaming and ordering the younger around, he would make sure that Jungkook got up early and ate breakfast. Knowing that Taehyung actually cared for him, to some degree, warmed Jungkook's heart.

Taehyung picked up his phone wanting to call Jungkook, when he realized he didn't have the younger's number. "Damn it!" Taehyung cussed, "Where is he?!" he asked himself. He didn't even know why he was worrying so much, it's not like Jungkook ran away or was kidnapped. The school's security was way too good to let that happen. "You know, I don't even care about that guy. Why am I even worried about him? The worst thing that he could be doing is talking to Jin..."

"That motherer! I swear if he's talking to Jin about the contract I'll kill him." Taehyung screamed as he stormed out of the room. Just when he got to the hallway outside he saw those beautiful black eyes. Wait...Beautiful? His messy hair and the way he laughs... Did he like the younger?

.

.

As if

"Hi TaeTae, I woke up and left earlier because I wanted to buy you the eggs you like for breakfast." Jungkook announced normally.

Taehyung blushed, "T-thanks.." he replied. Just minute ago he was ready to kill Jungkook, but now, it wasn't like that, he was just glad that he was okay. He clearly wasn't in love with the younger, but that didn't mean he wouldn't be keeping an eye on him. Taehyung was never really sure of his emotions, so maybe he was mistaken about this, whatever this was, as well.

Jungkook placed his hand on Taehyung's forehead, "Are you okay? You're burning up." he asked worringly.

Taehyung stepped back, startled, "Y-yeah, the A/C was off so...Anyways, you should've left a note! I got worried you ." he yelled at the younger's face.

Jungkook's eyes widened at the elder's statement. "S-sorry, I kind of forgot?" he answered. Taehyung kept glaring at him as he slowly walked back into the room and slammed the door shut. It took a couple of seconds for Jungkook to analyze what had happened.

"Hyung! Hyung! Open the door!" Jungkook said as he knocked on the door, ignoring the guy who was coming out of the room next door.

"Hey Kook! Did Tae lock you out?" the neighbor asked. Jungkook looked back and smiled, "Hey Jimin! To answer your question yes, I think it was because I forgot to tell him I was going to the store." he answered.

"Was he worried?" Jimin asked curiosly, everyone knew that Taehyung was indifferent about everything. He hardly even acknowledged anybody's presence.

"Yeah, but I'm more worried about him. When I touched his forehead I felt that he was burning up." Jungkook said.

"He was burning up you say..." Jimin said curiously. Never had he seen Taehyung act like this, and all of this happened when Jungkook got here... "Y-yeah" Jungkook kept backing up as Jimin got closer until his back hit the door. "Interesting" the neighbor said as he leaned into Jungkook's face.

"Hyung, w-what are you doing?" the younger asked nervously.

"Nothing~" Jimin answered as he placed his indexn finger on Jungkook's lips.

All of a sudden the door behind Jungkook opened revealing a pair of hazel eyes. Taehyung stood in front of Jimin staring dead serious at him. He directed himself over to his erted neighbor as he grabbed Jugkook's hand. "Mine" was all that Taehyung said while he pushed the younger inside the room.

"Oh, come on Tae, don't get cocky" Jimin said whilst grinning.

Taehyung started to enter the room slowly and grabbed the door's handle. Once more directing himself over to Jimin, "Mine" he repeated as he closed the door. Jungkook was truly baffled at the turn of events. He couldn't believe what just happened.

"May I ask what happened just now?" Jungkook asked, still confused.

"Not even one word about what just happened, you hear me?" Taehyung ordered. "O-ok"Jungkook answered absentmindedly. Taehyung stared at him for a couple of moments before going back to his game. 'Jimin-hyung just tried to kiss me, Tae locked me out and yelled at me, and I think I dropped the eggs... what a beautiful morning' the younger thought sarcastically.

He slowly opened the door and checked to see if his neighbor was still there. Luckily he wasn't, but the eggs were. He leaned down to grab them and quickly got back in, afraid that the elder would scold him again. He went to the kitchen to cook breakfast, hoping to appease his roommate's anger.

Jungkook opened the egg carton and luckily no eggs were cracked. He looked at his watch and read 8:55 a.m. Since they were already late for class, he decided to take a day off and try his best to make it up to the elder. He was going to cook for Taehyung the best omelet the world had ever seen.

Even though he was still confused about the previous events, he let his thoughts out of everything, except cooking of course. One of these thoughts was the ' Mine' part, which of course Jungkook understood nothing of and had given up trying to figure out what it meant. He wanted to make the best omelet he could, so he only used the best ingredients in their kitchen. He peeked inside the living room, just to see Taehyung gaming and drinking some water.

He wanted to suprise him, but if he didn't hurry up Taehyung would get hungry, go to the kitchen and see what he was doing. He started cooking, throwing some peppers, salt, eggs, cheese, ham, in the pan, so basically it was a farmer's omelet. It took him 25 minutes to make a 'fast', perfect and delicious omelet.

"Hyungie! Can you come into the kitchen?" Jungkook asked feeling proud of his omelet.

"Sorry, I'm gaming." he shouted along with some quiet cussing because he lost his pentakill.

"Please Tae~" the younger said in his most convincing/cute voice.

Taehyung clicked pause, ignoring his party's pleas for him to save them, and got up from the sofa angrily. "Rule number three, don't disturb Taehyung while he's gaming. Honestly, you don't even want to live here do you? First the smoochie-smocchies, then you interrupt-" He was cut short by a piece of omelet being shoved in his mouth.

"I made you some breakfast. I'm sorry if it doesn't taste good, I tried really hard so please forgive me if you don't like it." Jungkook blabbered.

Taehyung gave a suprised look to the younger as he chewed on the omelet. Jungkook waited for the elder to stop chewing so he could hear his response, when Taehyung started coughing. "H-hey, are you okay? Do you need some water?" Jungkook asked. *cough, cough* "I-I'm okay, just don't stuff food in my mouth without warning me." Taehyung said as he tried to smile.

"So you're not mad anymore?" Jungkook asked cautiously.

"Nah, after all it was mostly Jimin's fault. Remember, not a word of what happened today." Taehyung stated.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked cluelessly. The brunette smiled approvingly before sitting at the dinner table and began eating the omelet. Jungkook followed suit and picked up a fork to eat with.

"Didn't you make one for yourself?" Taehyung asked with his mouth full.

"It took me twenty-five minutes to make so I only cooked one." Jungkook answered nonchalantly.

"It took you twenty-five minutes?!" he yelled in suprise.

"I wanted it to be perfect~" the younger answered cutely and resumed eating.

Taehyung stared at the younger while he ate. He didn't know why he had gotten so worried earlier. He didn't know why he got mad when Jimin got too close to Jungkook, he had no explanation for anything that the younger was causing him.

Even though it had been only been a week, Jungkook was someone precious to him. It's not that he loved the younger, after all he had learned long ago that love was cruel. Love fools you, saddens and hurts you. Jungkook was simply his friend, his only friend in that matter. The only person who knew when he was awake or asleep, and the only person who knew what were his favorite eggs were.

'Does he think of me as his friend too?' he thought to himself. The idea of Jungkook thinking the same wasn't entirely impossible. Taehyung chuckled to himself, realizing how lonely he sounded. To think Taehyung, a guy who was once popular amongst the entire student body, was now desperate for the person in front of him to consider him a friend.

'What if he doesn't think the same? Was the contract too abrasive? Why did I say mine earlier? He's going to laugh at me, I know it. He probably thinks I'm some hermit who thrives in the darkness or some bull like that. Please don't leave me alone...please...' Taehyung blabbered to himself. He was so caught up in his thoughts, he didn't notice how hard his breathing had become.

Jungkook was still eating when he noticed the elder was no longer enjoying his food, and was looking directly at him. Once Jungkook made eye contat with him, he noticed that it seemed as though Taehyung was in his own world. Catching the younger off guard, Taehyung started hyperventalating. Jungkook rushed to his side in an attempt to calm his roommate down.

"Tae! Tae! Can you hear me? Calm down!" Jungkook yelled as he held him. Although it didn't seem to work, Taehyung still wasn't snapping out of it. "I'm sorry hyung" the younger said before he slapped the elder in his last attempt to wake him. It seemed to work because just as he was retreating his hand, Taehyung was spouting a string of curses in Jungkook's face.

'At least he's okay...' Jungkook thought as he waited for the elder to come back to reality. He was still holding Taehyung because he didn't know if it was over. Jungkook noticed something he had failed taking note of in the entire week he spent with Taehyung, his muscles. It's not like he was ripped, he just felt like some slight curves here and there, but were hidden under the elder's clothes.

"What'cha staring at~?" Taehyung said whilst smirking. Jungkook blushed and looked away.

"N-Nothing. By the way, what just happened to you?" Jungkook asked.

He regretted his words when he saw the elder's smile falter. "Y-you don't have to tell me. It's just that I got scared and..."

"It's okay, I'm sorry I scared you . I just got a little anxious, that's all." Taehyung answered.

"Why did you get-" Jungkook abruptly stopped talking when he saw the elder's warning gaze. "Umm....So, do you want to keep eating?" he asked nervously.

"I'm good, I have to get back to the game. Thanks for the omelet, it was really good." Taehyung said as he stood up and retreated to the living room.

'Why won't he tell me anything? Is it his personallity or something...' Jungkook wondered as he stared at Taehyung's retreating figure. He may know what kind of eggs the elder likes, when he wakes up, what his favorite games were, but that was it. He didn't want to pry, but he couldn't help getting curious. His caretaker had taught him it's better for someone you just met trust's to grow, so that said person would confide their worries and doubts with you without feeling pressured.

' Will he ever trust me? '

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

As an apology for not posting on the day I promised, I put the two chapetrs in one! If you're not satisfied then........ Fight me. nah, thank you for reading <3

:3

2,107 words. :)