Chapter 10

Right Over There. . .

  The bell rang, signifying the end of class. Everyone scurried out of the classroom, thankful they no longer had to be under the watchful eye of their teacher. Not forgetting, that there were some more thankful than others since they didn't have to present the project today.

  The classroom was left empty except for Yoongi, who was reviewing the projects in complete concentration, Taehyung and Jungkook, the two of the still sleeping on their desks

  Five minutes passed and two had yet to wake up, unaware of their teaches piercing glare. Yoongi sighed and stood up, approaching the sleeping youngsters. "And here I thought you guys were upstanding students," he slowly leaned over and smacked them both with the roster sheet.

"WHAT THE HELL MAN!?!?" They screamed simultaneously before getting hit again. Waking up just enough to realize they just yelled at the teacher.

"Aren't you two brave? I mean, not only did you fall asleep in my class, forgetting about our little appointment, but you have still have enough guts to yell directly at my face." A sinister smile appeared on his face, which only added more fear to his next words, "What should I do regarding this matter?"

  Jungkook instantly looked at him, eyes pleading, begging for mercy. Taehyung on the other hand was full on puppy eyeing him, but there was a hint of anger hidden behind that look. More than being worried about himself, he really didn't want Jungkook to be in trouble. So if he could be able to exempt the other from the punishment he'd be grateful.

"Nice try, but those looks don't work on me. Let's see, I could give you a years worth of detention, send you to the principal, have you clean the-" A call had stopped him mid sentece, he answered and proceeded to exit the room, "If either of you move as much as a muscle, I'll call your parents."

  The tension in the air had dissipated, giving the two friends space to breathe. Sighs of relief slowly turned to chuckles, and chuckles into full blown laughter. Jungkook was the first to calm down, wiping years from the corners of his eyes. Funny how such a 'particular' could leave them giddy, on the verge of tears.

"See, I told you he wouldn't be mad about the project." Jungkook gloated, earning a half-assed flare from his friend.

"Don't get on your high horse yet, Kook. I never said he'd be mad about the project," the elder stated as a matter of fact, " I said he would lecture us about how disappointing we were during class. So technically I am still right."

"Way to be the bigger person Tae."

"I aim to please," he said with a wink. Jungkook scoffed at his friend's actions, thinking about a witty comeback, until they heard a faint knock on the door. The sound made them freeze in their seats with fear. Seconds passed, but no one entered. They looked at each other simultaneously, each pair of eyes filled with panic and terror.

"Is he going to come in?" Jungkook asked a bit too loudly. The brunette shushed him by placing a hand on the other's mouth, quieting him effective immediately.

"Keep your voice down, he might hear us," Taehyung whispered as he slowly retracted his hand, longing for the touch of Jungkook's skin on his fingertips.

"I thought you weren't afraid of him," the younger said smugly.

"Who said I was?"

"I mean, if your so vigilant that means you want to be ready for when he comes back."

"Since when did you become so observant? I don't recall seeing this type of attitude before."

"What can I say? I'm full of surprises, now stop trying to change the subject. I doubt you'd care of he sent you to the principal or told you to clean. So, it must be about calling our parents."

Silence.

"Am I right?"

"Jungkook . . ."

"Taehyung"

"Jungkook," the older said with a warning tone, telling the other to back off.

  He slightly raised his hand in surrender, it was not his wish to make Taehyung mad, or at the very least wary. "Yeesh, no need to get so angry. It was just a question. What? Don't you get along with your parents?"

"Don't ask a question if you don't want to know the answer." The older mumbled to himself.

"Did you say something Tae?"

"It's nothing, just forget it."

  Jungkook eyed him suspiciously, like he was trying to see behind to see his friend's lies. Hoping that the other wouldn't run away, but he knew better than to hope. They had an unspoken rule between them, Don't pry into the other's life, unless you're allowed to. They had secrets and just because they lived together, it didn't mean that they would need to divulge those secrets to each other.

 He had found himself in these types of situations with the elder more often then not, but he knew when to stop if he realized he'd started to push too much.

  So when Taehyung avoided his gaze and looked out the window, he knew it was the end of the conversation. He'd hope that they had become friendly enough that Taehyung would open up a bit more, but that only seemed to be the case if Jungkook was the first to reveal something.

  Which wasn't something easy to do, but he hadn't reached that point of curiosity yet, so he accepted what small cracks he had let him see. They sat in silence for a while until the brunette finally spoke, "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to. You'll end up regretting it." He did a sideways glance towards him, expecting an answer.

  A simple nod was all he got, it seemed to be enough because he returned to looking out the window. Taehyung was right, don't ask if you aren't prepared to hear the answer. The proper word for this is ignorance. Jungkook, as much as he'd like to deny it, approved of ignorance. After all, ignorance is bliss. Don't force something onto someone unless you're sure they can take it.

  It wasn't the answer he had expected, but it did give him a small glimpse as to how closed off Taehyung was from the rest of the world. But it only led to more questions that would probably never be answered.

  Jungkook sighed softly, this kind of thinking was wearing down his brain.
Just as the tension was leaving his should the door opened with a thump, but the teacher didn't come in. He simply stuck half his body in and said, "A thing came up so the two of you are excused, but if I ever see either of you dozing of in class I'll through you out the window." He was about to leave, but there was still something Jungkook wanted to know.

"Wait, Mr. Min! Why did you want us here?"

The teacher smiled reluctantly and said, "Because I wanted to congratulate you for your hard work on both the project and determination. Sorry, but I really need to go. We'll talk tomorrow." He waved as he quickly exited the classroom.

  Taehyung's eyes were bulging out of his sockets, "H-how, but, th-that. . . I underestimated you Kook. To think you managed to get praised on your first project." A proud smile appeared on his face as he ruffled the younger's hair. Jungkook slapped his hand away in annoyance before grabbing their bags and exiting the classroom.

"C'mon, we don't have a lot of time left before brake ends." He threw the other's bag towards him with a smug grin. Instead of following him though, Taehyung stayed rooted to his spot, gazing at the raven with something between curiosity and disbelief.

"Is something wrong?"

"Nope," he smiled as he slowly approached the other, "just wanted to say that if you have any questions about. . . anything, you can ask me. If I'm in the mood to answer of course."

This time Jungkook looked at him in disbelief. The other just smiled and grabbed his wrist, dragging him to their next class.

'Maybe we have managed to grow closer...' the younger smiled at the thought before he realized something else.

Could I do the same?
Would I be able to hear his questions and answer truthfully without running away?