Chapter 8

Right Over There. . .

It was Saturday morning. The sun rose up, giving it's shining essence to the bedroom in which Taehyung and Jungkook's slept. It was dead silent, not a sound to be heard, not accounting for the boys shuffling in bed. Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and looked around the room. His body still felt tired so he groaned in response. As he laid his head back, trying to go back to sleep, he heard a whimper coming from the boy next to him. At first he thought his mind was playing tricks on him, but as the whimpers grew louder he became concerned. Taehyung supported himself on his elbow and poked Jungkook's back.

"Kook? You awake?"

.

.

.

Having not gained a response he slowly turned the raven haired towards him. As he moved him, the elder noticed the younger was shaking.

"Jungkook? Are you okay?!" Taehyung asked with worry. Slowly, Jungkook began opening his eyes. The older sighed in relief.

"Is everything alright kookie?"

"Y-yeah, I-I just had a nightmare. Don't worry about it."

"What type of nightmare?"

"I told you, you don't have to worry about me."

The elder hardened his gaze at Jungkook, making the younger look away in fear. Taehyung noticed this and backed down.

"If you say so, but remember I care about you. It's only normal that I worry about you." Hearing his words, the raven smiled in appreciation. Deciding to give him some space the latter got up from the bed and went to take a shower, leaving Jungkook alone in the bedroom. Once the door closed, the younger sat up and hugged his knees. Looking down he thought, 'Am I being selfish?'

Taehyung had told him what was wrong with him. If he didn't share with the elder, would that frustrate him?

Caught up in his own doubts, he failed to hear the bathroom door opening. The oldest emerged from the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth, hair dripping wet, and a towel wrapped around his neck. He leaned against the door frame and observed the younger in silence.

He looked at the other with empathy, having know the feeling of being scared. Not by some random phobia, but being scared of how people will react and treat you. That was his best guess, because truthfully his brain was way too tired to formulate a better explanation. 'What are you hiding kook?'

After a few minutes passed, he cleared his throat, making his presence known to the younger. Jungkook's head snapped up in surprise, his eyes glaring at the older. The latter grinned and shrugged in innocence. The raven rolled his eyes and laid back down, while Taehyung sat at the foot of the bed. He stared at his roommate, wondering what to say, when the younger looked at him with an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry. . . you must be mad at me, right?" Jungkook asked with sadness.

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"I don't know. . ." 

"Then why do you think I'm mad?" Instead of a proper answer, the younger just shrugged.

"Do you think I'm mad because you won't tell me what you're nightmare was about?"

Jungkook tensed at hearing his words. Trying to lighten up the mood, the older scoffed and said, " I am insulted, how could you think I would do such a thing?!" Sadly, it seemed to have an opposite effect.

"H-hey, I was joking. No hard feelings?"

"I'm sorry, I thought you were serious. . ."

"Stop apologizing, you haven't done anything wrong. Just because I shared one of my secrets with you, doesn't mean you have to be inclined to do the same. I'm not going to judge you, nor am I going to be mad. If you want to tell me, great! If you don't, I understand. Remember that I am your friend, even though you have lots of those, know that you can trust me." He tilted his head and grinned, feeling accomplished by his speech, but the moment was short-lived as soon as Jungkook started laughing. Taehyung blushed, and scratched the top of his head. "W-why are you laughing?"

"Well, I had no idea you could be this serious, thank you hyung"

"No problem, if I may change the subject, we need to start Mr. Yoongi's project. After all, it's in three days." Honestly he couldn't care less about the project, but he feared the atmosphere would be tense again, so he just randomly spouted that out.

"I totally forgot! We need to get to the library, research about the guy, who was it again?"

"Ten dollar bill guy"

"Hamilton, yes! Anyways, we have to write down notes. Except I don't remember what the details were for this, but we need to do it fast-" As Jungkook kept rambling, his roommate had already retreated, and was waiting for him in the hallway.

"Hurry up Kook!"

"W-what? Oh, be right there!" The two youngsters left the building an made their way to the library, little did they know, they were being watched.

5 hours later...

"Too! Much! Work!" yelled an exhausted Taehyung, as he slammed his head on the desk.

"Shh! Mr. Kim, this is a library and I expect you to keep silent. There are students here studying for exams!"

"S-Sorry, Mrs. Lee"

The librarian sent him a warning glare before returning to her duties.  The elder groaned, and resumed hitting his head, but in a more quiet manner. Honestly, he was expecting like two hours of research, but thanks to his PERFECTIONIST roommate. . . Let's just say the whole aisle on the founding fathers was now empty and barren.'One guy, we had to look for info on ONE guy, not every single founding father in America's history. . .'

"Hyung, can you stop hitting your head on the desk?  Your making my hand shake and it's messing up the paper. After I'm done, you're the one who'll type in the computer and give it to Mr. Yoongi."

"No way! That teacher is a psychopath!"

"Shhhhhh!" the librarion sushed.

"S-sorry. . . Ahem, as I was saying. There is no way that I am even getting close to that guy."

"Please~ Imagine how hard it'll be for a new student to talk to a teacher like him alone,"

"F-fine"

" Yay! Thank you Tae~" Jungkook lunged forward and hugged the older. Taehyung smiled and reciprocated the hug. "Your welcome, Kook" Unexpectedly, the brunette pulled back, his face red as a tomato.

"Y-y-yeah. . . While you do that I'm just gonna go, um, s-study."

"O-okay, bye" Jungkook quickly stood up and practically ran to the door, leaving a flustered Taehyung in his seat.

A/N

OH MY GOD!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING AND READING THIS STORY!!! I really didn't expect this, please share and don't forget to comment. Any sort of advice would be appreciated.  :) :) :) ;0 :) ;)                                       <3