Chapter 7

Right Over There. . .

"The 20 minutes are up, have all of you chosen your partners?" At the sound of Yoongi's voice the classroom quieted down. 

"Yes, Mr. Yoongi" the class said in unison.

"Good, now here are your assignments. The assignments differ from things such as writing a 10 page essay based on the life of one the United States founding fathers, or a small play based on their lives. The most important detail about this is that it has to be about a founding father, and I mean people like Hamilton, Washington, Lincoln or Jefferson. Note that being a president doesn't mean that-"

"Is Obama a founding father?" a student asked.

Ignoring him, Yoongi resumed speaking,"As I was saying, being a president doesn't mean that he was a founding father. If you have trouble with finding a founding father, please look at your dollar bills. They will not only have the name of one, but also their face." He chuckled at his own joke, meanwhile, the class started wondering if he was actually serious.

'Is that even a joke?'  Taehyung thought to himself, or so he believed.

"What did you just say Mr.Kim?" Yoongi said, his voice laced with annoyance.

'Oh , oh , oh '  he gulped in anxiety. Now, freaking now he had to voice out his thoughts. "N-nothing, sir"

"I swore I heard you say something like, Is that even a joke? or something along those lines." 

Jungkook held back his laugh. Although the scene was pretty funny, he knew he had to help his friend. He raised his hand up and said, "Can we make our essay about Alexander Hamilton?"

Yoongi looked at Jungkook like he had no idea what the raven was talking about.

"You know, the project." 

"What- Oh sorry, my mind was a bit lost for a moment," he glared at Taehyung before answering the question,"Yes you can make it about Hamilton. I suggest using the musical as reference, it's seemed to have gained quite a lot of popularity."

"I'll make note of that" Jungkook answered. After answering his question, Yoongi went back to explaining the project. Jungkook was taking notes when he felt someone poking his head. He turned to the side, and he noticed a note on the edge of his desk. When he look at Taehyung with curiosty, the other just shrugged. He opened the note and it read, ' Thanks :)' Jungkook smiled at Taehyung, and mouthed, 'You're welcome'. He smiled again before going back to writing.

Class ended, but when the two were going to leave the teacher asked Taehyung to come talk to him, alone. The two exchanged a look of worry before parting ways. Instead of going to his locker, Jungkook stood by the door, waiting for his roommate to come out. 

Fifteen minutes passed, when he realized that they weren't going to finish talking anytime soon. He walked to his next class, not worrying about being late since his next teacher didn't come today. As he walked he heard somebody call out his name, when he turned around he was met with none other than Jin aka. Man . 

"Hey Kook! You're just the person I was looking for." Jin said happily

"Hi Hyung, what do you need me for?" the younger asked cautiously. 'Does this count as violating the contract? I mean he didn't knock on a door, but still. . . ' Jungkook thought worriedly.

 

"You see, I'm looking for Taehyung, and since you're in the same class I thought you'd know where he is"

"U-umm. . . I think he's with Mr. Yoongi" 

"Why would he be with him?"

"He got on Mr. Yoongi's bad side because he was about to be late today." 

Jin's eyes opened in surprise at his dongsaeng's words, "Late? How come? He could be up till' four a.m and he still wouldn't be late for class."

Hearing Jin's words, filled the raven with even more guilt. Technically, it wasn't his fault the elder was late, but he couldn't help feeling responsible. "Anyways, thanks for the directions. I'll be on my way then, bye!"Jin said as he started walking to Yoongi's classroom. Jungkook sighed and resumed walking to the classroom.

School ended and Taehyung was nowhere to be found, Jungkook had even gone back to the class room to check if he was still with Yoongi, but the teacher said that he had sent him off 30 minutes after their first class ended. He eventually gave up and returned to the dorm, still worried about the elder's sudden disappearance. 'Did he decide to skip school? Why would he though? He already got dressed  and everything.' He opened the door and  was met with none other  that Taehyung, gaming. 

Truly a sight to be seen , the curtains were, once again, blocking the light as it attempted to brighten up the room. The floor, which used to be clean that morning, was now filled with ramen cups. The sight seemed so familiar to the younger it was almost as if he had seen it before, which he had. 'It's only been seven hours. . . How did he eat so many?'

"KIM TAEHYUNG, WHY THE HELL ARE THERE SO MANY RAMEN CUPS ON THE FLOOR, WHICH I CLEANED. I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU TO THROW THEM AWAY IN THE TRASHCAN!!!!" His scream was loud enough to tear down a skyscraper, yet it had no effect on the person in front of him.

"Can you be quiet, I'm trying to concentrate here"Taehyung retorded back, voice filled with annoyance.

Jungkook dropped his backpack, and started pacing around the room, trying to calm himself down." H-how long have you've been gaming?"

"I don't know"

"When did you leave school?"

"I forgot"

"Did you know Jin was looking for you?

"Nope, I had no idea"

". . ."

". . ."

"What the hell, Jungkook!" Taehyung asked/yelled when Jungkook unplugged the television."How stupid could you possibly be?! Do you have any idea how worried I was?!"

"No?"

Next thing he knew, he was being attacked by ramen cups. To add to Taehyung's suffering Jin entered and joined Jungkook in his endeavor.

"Who told you, you could skip school?!" -Jin-

"You're so fricking dense!" -Kook-

"I have rights! You can't attack me like this!" -Tae-

Eventually, they ran out of cups and they issued a truce."You and I will have a little talk tomorrow Tae,"Jin stated as he left the room. Neither Jungkook or Taehyung said anything. The younger simply walked into the bedroom and locked the door. The brunette had no idea why his roommate was so mad, but he did know that he had to apologize.

-knock- -knock- 

"What do you want Tae?"

"To apologize."

"For what?"

"For skipping school and not telling you"

"And?"

"For throwing the cups on the floor"

"And?

"For making you worry, even though I don't understand why  you had to worry-"

"Tae"

"Sorry, I just- I'm sorry. Could you please forgive me?"

"Can you tell me why you skipped class?"

". . ." When he was met with no answer, Jungkook realized it was something Taehyung didn't want to talk about.

"Or is it too personal?"

"It's okay, my mom is getting remarried, and she wants to have full custody of me. That's all"

.

.

.

"Thanks"

"For what?"

"For telling me. . . I forgive you"

"You're really satisfied with that answer?"

"Yup"

"I am honored to have gained you pardon, oh great king. Come join me in the kitchen, I'll make some pancakes."

"I will accept your invitation, servant."

Although he was glad Taehyung opened up to him, even though it was just a little, it only rose more questions in his head about his roommate's past. Maybe the two weren't so different, maybe they were just misunderstood, but neither of them could say anything. He wasn't pretending to be in the same category as Taehyung, after all he had no idea what category he was in. 

After all, the friends that he had gained they were a just form of defense to him. Was Taehyung so used to it, he got to the point in which he doesn't need a defense anymore?

Was Taehyung so used to it, he got to the point in which he doesn't need a defense anymore?    

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

And so, the sad begins ;-;