Chapter 3

The One Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

Jihyo felt her world spinning.  She almost tripped as she didn’t see one more small step coming her way because she was too busy breathed in Soojung’s smell on her. Nice perfume Soojung wore. Luckily Soojung’s grip was still on her or else, Jihyo would be too embarrassed.

“Forgive me. I’m too short to hold onto you until it makes you almost stumble!” Soojung suddenly spoke that made Jihyo looked at her again. The shorter girl was biting her lips as she said that. So cute! Jihyo wanted to fangirl-ing right there.

Fortunately for Soojung, Jihyo didn’t see a red tint creeping up on her cheek since it’s already dark. Soojung disliked to say out something that would make her be at disadvantage.

 Soojung thought of a topic to dismiss the talk earlier. “Do you know that it’s dangerous for a girl to walk alone this area at night?” She asked not looking at Jihyo. The latter shook her head. “Why?”

“See that boys over there-“Soojung pointed to a group of motorbike boys who hung around near the apartment. “-they love bothering girls and there’s rumored that those boys had molested a young girl, and even case before!”

Okay, Jihyo suddenly shivered at the thought of that. Truthfully, she never walked around alone at night before, especially not that area. That explained why she never saw those boys. “Gang …” Jihyo faintly heard Soojung’s last words but the older girl seemed like she had no intention to talk about it further.

“Then, how come you’re so brave to walk alone and a girl yourself?”

Jihyo saw that girl smirked and damn that dimple again! “Look at what I’m wearing!” Jihyo gave it a look and suddenly felt amused. “You dress up like a man!”

“And like a punk!”

There’s this black jacket Soojung wore on her body as well as hoodie on her head, ripped black jeans, metal chain on her pants and rings on her fingers. And her face couldn’t look more serious and intimidating than this. Jihyo gulped in fear.

This meant don’t mess with Lee Soojung!

As the two girls finally walked between the gang, Jihyo felt Soojung’s grip on her shoulder tightened and the older girl was facing her. Jihyo bit her lower lips nervously and Soojung could see her pupil’s shaking. “Pretend that we’re kissing!”

Jihyo honestly had no idea why Soojung was being so protective like a boyfriend. They passed by the boys and Jihyo could faintly heard the boys whistled and made chu~ sound, as well as pick up line but on top of all that, Jihyo’s heart was beating faster at how close Soojung’s face to hers. So close to the point that Soojung’s duckling lips touched her cheek.

Jihyo had hard time breathing.

Just as she finally snapped back to the reality, they’re already arrived at the apartment’s guardhouse. Soojung at last released the grip on Jihyo, and the latter finally could breathe comfortably.

Then she looked around her, there she realized something.

“This isn’t my home!”

Jihyo swore she saw death glare coming from Soojung.

*

The place was cozy and decorated simply, describing Soojung’s personality well. Jihyo was in awed as she stepped in the apartment unit. She shook her head in embarrassment as she remembered how she ended up being in there.

[Flashback]

“This isn’t my home!” Jihyo snapped, startling Soojung. “How in the world…but you said it’s here!” Soojung was now glaring in her way. Jihyo gulped in slight fear.

“I was wrong! It’s actually in the other end!” Jihyo pointed another apartment, more like condominium in the other end from the apartment, the complete opposite way of direction from the convenience store. No wonder Jihyo was clueless of the boys’ identities from earlier.

“What should I do? I’m afraid to go back there with the boys still around!” Jihyo looked at Soojung with hopeful eyes. “Will you accompany me there?”

“Are you nuts?” Soojung retorted. Jihyo kept mum. “I won’t go there just to accompany you. I live here, and I won’t be going back there!”

Jihyo pouted as she heard Soojung’s words. The older girl softened at last. “You might as well just stay here with me overnight!” That was uncalled for, but Soojung offered nevertheless. She wouldn’t have the guts to leave the missy alone. However, she was too lazy to walk with the girl to the other direction.

The offer was intriguing, and it’s about time Jihyo decided to be more friendly towards Soojung who’s quiet in nature. Moreover, she’s really deadly to know how Soojung was like at home compared to in her workplace, and who lived with her!

Jihyo said yes right after.

Back to reality, Jihyo explored the house with her huge eyes and noticed how the wall was simply patched on wallpaper with pink as the background colour. Such a soft at heart, Jihyo had no idea Soojung could be feminine and had a heart like a dubu.

Soojung at the back did nothing either in showing Jihyo off her house around or explaining things. She kept still and stiff, making it awkward for the younger as well. Jihyo wanted to take a seat on the couch and enjoying her cider to satisfy her growling stomach, but hesitated in fear if Soojung was not fond of having her in the couch.

Sensing Jihyo’s discomfort, Soojung reacted in impulse. “Please be seated!”

However, before Jihyo managed to land her in, a girl’s voice in the very same house startled her, causing her to jolt back up and stood properly to have a look. A young looking girl came and greeted in her vision, smiling brightly like a kid.

Soojung furrowed her eyebrows at the girl in suspicion. “How do you get in?” The latter was smirking at her direction knowing so well that Soojung was not fond of the idea of her breaking in the house. “I’m a ninja remember?!” she responded, not before playfully raising her right eyebrow. Soojung heaved a sigh as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. Not enough she had to attend to a guest overnight, that girl added to two guests.

Ignoring the older girl’s disapproval, she shifted to Jihyo. “Hi, I’m Jiae!” The brown haired girl at last revealed her identity. “I’m Soojung’s cousin!” and solved the mystery i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter