Chapter 12

The One Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12


Rare chance indeed when Nayeon got to expand the marketing for her clothing business. She had planned to open a new branch at the large shopping mall for a while and finally got the chance. To add more the good news, Nayeon got the call for an interview with a few journalists from popular magazines. The girl expressed her happiness to her partner and Jihyo genuinely congratulates her.

A few models showed up included Mingyu together to celebrate the launching event. Nayeon as the head director was the busiest of them all with the interviews and the clients she had invited during the event. Knowing that the older girl was getting a little out of hands, Jihyo helped to attend to the clients that had come as well.

While she was chatting with them, Jungyeon stuck by her side like glue and even protectively secured an arm around Jihyo’s waist. She knew that her best friend was concerned she might get harassed by some erts, but the protection was a little too much for her to take and suffocating.

Going back inside, she nagged, “Jungyeon please, you’re distracting me from talking to the clients.”

The other friends watched the best friends’ banter in amusement. Jungyeon’s lips curved upwards teasingly. “Why, are you getting with my touch?” she teased and played with her eyebrows.

Jihyo grimaced at the joke and rolled her eyes. “Eww, Nayeon unnie will kill us both!” Chaeyoung, Mina and Dahyun laughed at them. The look of disgust on Jihyo’s face was hilarious.

“You’re really overdoing it, Jungyeon. I saw the clients’ faces and they were appalled when they saw you pulled Jihyo close to you,” Momo took Jihyo’s side. Apparently they all noticed how Jungyeon purposely followed Jihyo around, protective mode was on again. A sight they didn’t find weird anymore. The short haired girl had done that frequently except for this time it was so extreme thus appeared like a hilarious sight.

“It’s not my fault. Blame Nayeon unnie for making me doing it,” Jungyeon claimed, lips pouted. Jihyo raised her eyebrows. “Nayeon unnie asked you to protect me?”

Jungyeon nodded her head nonchalantly, eyes set on the plate of cookies on Tzuyu’s hand before hands stretched out, stealing one from the younger girl.

Jihyo shrugged the topic thinking it was not a weird thing Nayeon requested that. She proceeded to focus on the other clients and had casual chats. After the business owner gave her speech, uttering words of gratitude to everyone who make the business and the event went well.

Seated on an exclusive interview with a journalist from ELLE magazine, Kang Siwoo was his name, Jihyo and Nayeon maintained their sophistications while answering to all questions calmly. Jungyeon who wasn’t even involved in the business was there as well, much to Jihyo’s annoyance.

Like on cue, Jihyo had to look up from the journalist when she felt like a pair of eyes was staring at her. Finding Soojung standing not far from that spot, the girl was looking at her. Their eyes met and Jihyo’s heart was melting.

The longing gaze on Soojung’s eyes, Jihyo felt the wall she built was instantly broken. She had missed her presence by her side.

Eyes, lips, touch, kiss, everything. She hoped Soojung would run to her and pulled into her embrace, uttering magical spells like “I miss you” and “I love you”.

Her hope was crushed when Soojung turned away, feet budged to leave the place. Jihyo wanted to holler her name but she was beat to it.

“Lee Soojung”

The surprise thing was that Kang Siwoo, the journalist was the one who shouted Soojung’s name. The latter turned around and Jihyo noticed Soojung was looking at him, expressionless.

“Long time no see,” he had said further, Jihyo found nothing suspicious aside from Soojung’s gaze turned sharp, eyes narrowed smaller. But the girl was really looking at the journalist, not her. Then, Soojung ignored him, said nothing and walked out of the place. Jihyo wondered what made her girlfriend behaved like that.

“Do you know her?” Jihyo was itched to ask and couldn’t conceal anymore. Kang Siwoo laughed a little, sounded so faked before replying her question. “Yeah we know each other. She was my junior back in ELLE.”

Oh right. Soojung used to work in ELLE and this guy was from there as well. But then why Soojung’s reaction was so indifferent? “This girl…she’s still a loser,” Jihyo heard him mumbled. Heart flared at the words of insult directed to her girlfriend, she suppressed her scoff “Pardon?”

Realizing his mistake, he apologized. “I’m sorry, it was nothing.”

Jihyo wasn’t buying it and when she looked at Nayeon, she knew the latter noticed it too. As for Jungyeon, well, she looked a little dazed. After all, Jihyo was just irritated because she was clueless about what was going on between him and Soojung, and Kang Siwoo called her girlfriend a loser was even more infuriating.

*
*

Jisoo dropped Soojung off at her house and reluctantly asked. “Are you going to be fine alone tonight, unnie?” The younger was genuinely worried of Soojung after they met Kang Siwoo at the event. After all, that journalist was the one who made the girl lost her job position at ELLE.

Weakly nodded her head, Soojung assured she would be fine and told Jisoo to drive safely back home. Heaving a sigh before agreeing with the older girl’s words, she said goodnight before started driving off. Soojung pathetically watched as Jisoo’s car wheeled off, leaving her behind.

Stepping into her apartment, she felt so much worse than in the early evening. While she was obviously excited going to the event to get to see Jihyo again, she came home with a disappointing outcome. The more tragic part was that the jealousy growing inside her at the scene her own girlfriend was touched by someone else.

And then Kang Siwoo came into her vision. After more than 3 years they hadn’t seen each other, she unfortunately met him again. The hatred from the past wasn’t fading, but only grew more. That smirk plastered on his face reminded her of that time when he gave her two options: quit her job voluntarily or he would fire her, smugly. And if Soojung got dropped out, she would have a bad reputation and couldn’t build her own name anymore. Hence, Soojung chose to leave by herself half willingly.

When she saw him interviewed her girlfriend, she just resented him even more. “Aish that jerk, how dare he flirt with my girlfriend,” she muttered and clenched her jaw. Soojung couldn’t believe to witness the guy he hated so much flirt with her Jihyo.

Jihyo was hers and forever would be, and that’s final.

She decided she could not wait anymore. The longer they’re separated from each other, the bigger chance it was of Jihyo slipping away from her. Soojung would never let it become true. She would fight for this love and even willing to risk her life if it what took her to make Jihyo stay with her.

*
*

Although all thhe guests and journalists had left, they stayed for a little more and cleaned the place. After done with their chores, Jungyeon couldn’t help but ask out what had bothered her mind since earlier. “Lee Soojung”

At the mention of the familiar name, not only Jihyo but also the rest turned to look at Jungyeon. The short head girl’s gaze was directed at her own best friend’s. “Was that her? Your girlfriend, I mean,” she began.

Jihyo was getting a little anxious with Jungyeon’s question. That best friend of her wasn’t fond of her girlfriend anyway. Taking a little moment of courage she nodded her head. “Yes, that was her” she answered. Jungyeon subconsciously rolled her eyes at the reply.

“This is the first time I see and I’m sorry but I really don’t like her,” the tall girl said. Jihyo sighed and brushed her hair. “Look, I don’t know what happened to her but to judge my girlfriend by your mere first glance was a little off putting, Jungyeon,” she retorted.

The said girl scoffed in disbelief. “You still have the guts to defend her, huh?” Jungyeon mocked.

“Of course, she’s my girlfriend and I love her!” Jihyo raised her volume and claimed. She was frustrated enough that her love relationship was at a fragile state and Jungyeon’s constant hate towards her girlfriend was not helping either.

Ignoring Jihyo’s outburst, she began enraging. “Who invite her to come here anyway?” Jungyeon questioned obviously unpleasant.

Timidly raising her hand, Nayeon admitted it was her doing. “I was the one who invited her.” Not only it surprised Jungyeon and Jihyo but also the rest of the friends, apparently weren’t aware that the older girl did it.

Jungyeon narrowed her eyes at her girlfriend, shooting a death glare. “Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter