Chapter 18

The One Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Guys, this is the last drama and next would be the wrap up of the overall story, epilogue! There also will be special SoulJoo spin-off and please spare some time to read it too! By the way, The picture below would be how I imagine the male/OC is like:

Min Jaeseok:

(He starred in Hi! School Love On with Infinite's Woohyun, Sungyeol and Kim Saeron. His character's name happened to be Jaeseok too)

I also pictured Yook Sungjae of BTOB as Kim Sungjae


While I didn't picture anyone specific as Kang Siwoo, I'll let you know since he's a senior in the journalism career so I imagined him to be someone a little older than the main characters, let's assume he's above 30 while Choi Won is two years older than Soojung.

That has been it from me! I hope you have a great time reading! Leave your comments and let me know how you feel >_< 
 

Chapter 18

 

From the side mirror, he spotted his best friend spying on them in the vehicle behind. His lips sporting into a smug smirk, tilting to the female presented on the passenger seat. “I’ll drop you right at your apartment. That’s going to be okay right?”

Mijoo shook her head with a smile. “You can just drop me off by the gate and don’t drive me in. It’ll be too uncomfortable for you,” she said guiltily. For someone that had lived well since birth, Jaeseok might find her apartment she lived in would be a little burdening.

“No, no I’ll be just fine. You don’t need to worry about that. What is friend for if I think sending you off as a burden?!” he dismissed with the usual smile he wore on around Mijoo. “I’ll just call my girlfriend for a while.”

He contacted his so-called girlfriend and informed what he was up to. “I’ll be dropping off my friend at her block’s lobby. Is it okay if you ‘wait there’?”

By the time he pulled his car to a stop at the parking block, he eyed the side mirror and saw Sungjae had taken his leave and that meant he was alone with Mijoo then. Without suspicion, Mijoo bade her ‘good’ friend goodbye and wanted to step into the lobby. Jaeseok started pressing on the engine again when a man came and blocked her way. Head masked in black, Mijoo was frightened as she sensed something bad was going to happen upon her.

The same man knocked her out with a hit on the neck and Mijoo was dragged into a white van. Unfortunately no residents or guards had witnessed the scene and the van drove off, out to wherever it took Mijoo.

Pulling his mask out, he breathed in with messy hair and dialed a number. “Hey Jaeseok, I got her now.”

“Good job Siwoo hyung. Let’s bring her to my house!”

*
*

“What a pleasant surprise to see you here!”

Sungjae leaned in to give his friend a brief friendly hug and pulled back right after. He had decided to meet Jaeseok at the latter’s house. The wide exterior of his place already got him in awe and the spacious leisure room inside made Sungjae looked small.

As close as the pair had always been, Sungjae never paid Jaeseok’s house a visit until now. If his best friend held a party or sort of, he gave out every sort of excuses so he wouldn’t have to see Jaeseok playing the upright man he always had masked around other people.

He eyed around the interior design of the house until he saw Jaeseok was having a guest over at the couch in the living room.

A girl that barely wore a cloth and that was such a disgusting sight. He took a good look at Jaeseok’s appearance and finally noticed the wrinkles on his shirt and the messy hair he had, meaning Jaeseok just had made out with that certain girl.

“You got a different girlfriend now?” he asked, Jaeseok sensed the sarcasm in his best friend’s tone. Knowing that Sungjae wasn’t in his best mood to joke around with anymore, Jaeseok led him up the stairs and into his study room.

“I heard about you being taken to the police station regarding Mijoo’s case. Did Lee Soojung suspect you of being the murderer?”

The way Jaeseok spoke up about it so nonchalantly like it was nothing really made Sungjae despised him even more.

Without answering to his question, Sungjae bitterly smirked and chuckled. “Was it you?” he slowly spoke.

Jaeseok sat on the chair as his forehead wrinkled and looked up at his best friend, played victim. “I don’t get what you’re saying.”

“Don’t beat around anymore. Now tell me…two years ago, was it you?” Sungjae attempted to sound intimidating and put up a front at the other man.

A fake laugh escaped from his best friend’s mouth. “Are you joking right now?” He sounded greatly arrogant and his innocence play had gotten unbearable.

“STOP BLUFFING AROUND AND TELL ME NOW MIN JAESEOK! WAS IT YOU?” Sungjae began to lose his temper and yelled as he kicked the table before him. Jaeseok however not flinched one bit and smirked. Sungjae clenched his fist tightly that the knuckles began to turn red shade.

“Took you long enough to figure it out,” his tone changed into a snob and although Sungjae expected it coming, he was still shocked and petrified at his confession. Tears began to pool in the back of his eyes and hands trembled. “It was really you…” he whimpered in despair.

“Why?” As much as Jaeseok was highly being suspected, Sungjae still found it hard to believe the truth. “How could you do that…to our friend?” he was deeply regretting.

“Friend?” Jaeseok opened his eyes wide and tightened his jaw. “You know it doesn’t work for me with just being friends. I need more from her!”

“But murdering her…” Sungjae gritted his teeth in anger. “…was overly, beyond than just too much!”

Hahaha Jaeseok laughed it off when his company was getting angry. “Are you angry?” he provoked. “Do you want the details how perfect that night went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter