Chapter 11

The One Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

Everything flashed back in her mind on how she first met her…

After rolling back in college for her fourth semester, she had participated in more events and gotten to know her juniors with the same major. Besides, she also wrote articles for campus’s monthly magazine and attended occasions as a photography major.

Having a break from four hours of study in the lecture hall, she came to the cafeteria for a hot chocolate and egg sandwich before going to the campus’s yard. She passed some group of students that were sitting together just for fun and some were studying under a tree. There were some people she knew from the events she attended and some were unfamiliar. The college was huge so it was understandable she didn’t know them all. She took a moment to halt her walk and snapped the scene in her camera.

Back to move her legs, she met with two male students were playing catch without the batter and Soojung held up her camera again before clicking the shuttle. Once done she started pacing forward until there were no other students in her sight anymore. She rested under a big tree and took a look at the pictures she had taken on her camera’s screen.

Grinning in satisfaction, she stood up back and moved forward to the backyard where the flower garden was located. She expected nobody to be there but to her luck, there stood a tall girl with shining black hair with glamorous body. She was awestruck for a little while holding up the camera until she noticed there was a guy beside her.

They were bickering which she was not interested in whatever the topic was about and walked back again with her camera and took pictures of the flower and the fishpond nearby. She was too absorbed until she felt her shoulder was tapped and Soojung turned around.

It was the same girl. “Did you see us?” the taller one asked. Soojung shifted her gaze to the side once before nonchalantly nodded her head. “I saw you took pictures. Give me your camera,” the girl demanded and attempted to steal Soojung’s digital camera before the shorter moved faster.

“Why would I give you my camera?” Soojung asked offended but she missed the look on the girl’s face when she heard her speaking voice.

“You have taken my pictures without permission so now give me your camera and I’ll delete them,” the girl spoke sternly before successfully snatching the item from Soojung. The short let out a loud huff in annoyance. Pretty girls are troublesome, she thought.

And did she just admit that the tall girl was pretty? Yes.

Soojung took a peak at the camera’s screen as well when the girl was checking out the photos. But there were zero pictures of her and the girl was in disbelief. “No way,” she exclaimed loudly. “I saw you did it just now!” she raged.

Soojung snickered in amusement. This girl whose identity was still a mystery to her was pretty dumb. Before she could do anything worse with the camera, Soojung took it back forcefully.

“Listen here, miss. Next time, please don’t be so full of yourself!”

With that, Soojung left the bewildered girl and her lips twitched into a small smile. When she got back to her dorm, she went to check the camera again and turned the button until she stopped at a certain picture.

That girl was right. Soojung really did sneakily take a full shot picture of her. That mysterious girl was indeed dumb for not checking out more of the photos in the camera but Soojung was thankful for that. At least she got to save this for a good memory.

***

By the time dinner was over, pretty much almost everyone was wobbly from the alcoholic drink they swallowed down on their throat earlier. Jihyo didn’t drink much so she was sober enough and Nayeon was a good drinker thus she was fine. Jungyeon refused to drink by claiming she’s driving. The eldest among them decided to call a driver so the rest wouldn’t have drive home.

Exiting the door of Jungyeon’s workshop from the basement, her best friend told something hurtful to her.

“I don’t really like your girlfriend.”

If Jungyeon didn’t like it, it meant for Jihyo’s insecurity in her relationship with Soojung.

***

Waking up in the morning after the ruckus she faced and the dream she had last night, she felt a little headache. Glancing to the side, Myungeun was gone from the bed. The younger girl had probably awoken earlier and already left her alone. Soojung didn’t feel less bitter from what had happened yesterday night and already foresaw upcoming scene she’ll have with her girlfriend later.

Shrugging the thought aside, she got off the bed and headed into the bathroom with her towel. Washing up helped cleared her mind even just a little. Whatever came for her later, she would ensure to make it up nonetheless method it took.

One thing that concerned Soojung the most was that this might lead to an argument she wanted to evade. She just lied to her girlfriend so Jihyo didn’t have to know that part, but still the girl might be mad for breaking a promise with her. It was that fact Jihyo loved her friends so much and afraid to let them down, Soojung was aware of the most.

Eating breakfast felt lonely. She had never felt like this after started dating Jihyo anymore. Everything felt so empty and wrong. Now she doubted if lying was the best choice she did last night.

***

She had come to see her at the studio. And she wasn’t prepared to face her yet. The guilt was not going to wash away and she’s frustrated. Trying her best ignoring the frustration building inside her, she kept herself busy scrabbled down anything on the empty paper.

Jihyo came in looking amazing in her work costume but Soojung still didn’t have the guts to look up at her. Jisoo had probably gone and the same went to Jiyeon thus she felt so helpless couldn’t get out of the situation she was in. She wanted to run away so bad.

Entering the office without a knock or proper greeting was not unusual anymore. It was just her, seeing her own girlfriend at her workplace and she’s going to claim it was nothing improper. Jihyo had become fearless and breaking her own wall. Now all that going through her mind was only Soojung and her supposed explanation.

“Do you mind to explain what happened last night?” Her intonation was far from warm and Soojung knew instantly she’s in trouble. Playing with her tongue she tried to remain calm. “What do you mean? Didn’t I tell you what happened?”

Jihyo had crossed her arms and her gaze didn’t feel welcomed anymore. “Let me rephrase my question. Don’t you have other excuse to use? What exactly happened last night?” she changed her question and pressed on the word exactly.

She knew?

“What do you mean?” Soojung inquired back, heart racing in anxiety.

“Don’t play dumb,” Jihyo replied sternly.

She knew.

“I coincidentally found out from Jisoo unnie that you…”

She k-

“Okay I was lying, I admit my fault!” Soojung finally said it. Jihyo looked at her, upset. Soojung ran her hand to brush her hair to the back irritably. “I’m sorry for lying, okay. I know you’re mad,” she continued.

“Acknowledging my anger doesn’t explain why you should lie to me. I’m not just mad but absolutely upset with you. And I’ve never felt this way since we started seeing each other.”

Silence engulfed the office after what Jihyo had said. It was a torture for Soojung and she sighed deeply before apologizing. “Okay, I’m sorry I made you upset. I was held back yesterday night and I knew you were waiting for me…”

The clear tears rolling down on Jihyo’s face without blinking her eyes shook Soojung’s heart. What could be worse when she - the person who swore to protect and love Jihyo – was the one who hurt her and caused her to cry? Soojung collected the last pieces of courage left inside her before stepping forward to approach her girlfriend.

She gripped Jihyo’s wrist and was greatly thankful that the girl didn’t resist. “I’m really sorry, my love.”

“If you can tell me what happened, I might forgive you,” Jihyo struggled to voice out between her tears.

“Myungeun came to my house last night.” Soojung finally said it. Jihyo stared at her in bewilderment. “So?” she provoked.

“She was drunk and knocked out on my door. Do you expect me to leave her alone?” Soojung retorted. The grip on her girlfriend had loosened unconsciously.

“Exactly, she was drunk and unconscious. You can just tuck her in bed and come to me or tell me the truth but no, you lied!” Jihyo enraged. “It’s not making any sense!”

Soojung was left speechless and lips parted leaving opened. Jihyo knew she was right. “Something else held you back, wasn’t it? And you can’t tell me that!”

“What is your point?” The sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter