Epilogue

The One Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***Okay dear readers, be prepared as this is the conclusion from this overly dramatic story of mine! I will miss SoulHyo *sobsob*
*Spoiler alert: There will be SoulJoo spin off in the next chapter hehehe... Hope you'll read it to the end! Bye folks \(^_^)/

Epilogue

 

“I want to move out!”

Initially, the plan of leaving her first own living accommodation where her memories with past girlfriend lied within never crossed her mind. The apartment was the very first Soojung afford to make payment on her own after establishing stable career in photographic major, although Mijoo had her own share of deposit but that didn’t matter anymore. Soojung had well paid for the apartment by herself for two years already.

Later on, the idea eventually came crossed her mind when Jihyo finally moved in to live with her permanently and left the condominium under her Japanese couple, Momo and Mina’s care.

“Are you sure? This flat is exclusive. It held your memory with Mijoo inside it!” Jihyo doubted her but Soojung was never so sure.

“I’m good!”

Turned out Soojung had quietly made a plan and already found a new accommodation for them to stay in. Studio sized house, located wasn’t far from her own working studio. Jihyo’s mouth gaped as soon as she stepped into the house. “Wow this is fascinating! I have always dreamed of living in this kind of place!” she claimed.

The white colored interior looked dull, but still appeared amazing and satisfied the hearts of the people living inside. Soojung led Jihyo to sit on the couch by interlocked hands. “This will be our new place and the start of our family!” she said.

Although Soojung mentioned the word family, Jihyo was sure the elder meant the both of them. Well, she never thought a week later her girlfriend would in came home with a small baby in her hand. “This will be our new family member. Hope you like it!”

It was so sweet and heart touching! Soojung just brought a child – blessing from the above sky, home to add a baby princess in their new lovely life. Jihyo approached her girlfriend with the little creature in hand with glassy eyes. “I love it,” she whispered and scooped the baby into her own arms. She stared in awe with the little baby who was sleeping peacefully and had cute features, looked up at Soojung with eyes shone bright and scooted to kiss her on the lips.

Soojung grinned in satisfaction. “I knew you’d want a child for our own all along. So I decided to adopt this child from an orphanage that Jiae told me about. She’s a newborn from four months ago.”

The information she received from Soojung made her choked in tears. “H-how…I thought you didn’t like little children?”

“But I knew how much you love them, Mijoo did too back then so I thought why not!” they laughed subtly.

It all started with Nayeon and Jungyeon having added a child in their little family. Nayeon was on a vacation with Jungyeon at a resort when they stumbled upon a little boy playing alone in the beach. Nayeon had always been a kid lover and ran to get the kids. She squealed and kissed and squeezed the kid’s cheeks before Jungyeon could pull her away. “You’re scaring him!” she told her.

When Nayeon took a good look at the kid’s face, his face had turned solemn and almost looked like he could cry. Nayeon began to panic a little until a middle age woman came and soothed the boy. “I’m sorry for the way he behaved,” the woman apologized.

“No madam, he behaved just fine. I’m the one who scare him away,” Nayeon sheepishly confessed and grinned innocently while scratching her nape.

“Seungjae had only turned two this year, and he preferred being alone than playing with other kids his age,” the woman told without being asked. “My sister and husband died and I’m the one who take him in with me. My husband didn’t mind but my two children did since Seungjae didn’t play well them.”

Nayeon gaped in surprise and covered . “Seungjae’s an orphan?”

Apparently, the woman was ought to send Seungjae into an orphanage as the last resolution since her own children felt like they were being neglected. Or maybe find someone who could adopt Seungjae but found no one yet.

Nayeon told Jihyo over a phone that night and the younger ushered the elder to persuade Jungyeon to adopt Seungjae themselves. Nayeon loved that but Jungyeon was against it.

“Please Jungie…I really want to have a kid in our family!” Usually Nayeon’s puppy eyes and pouty lips would work but not this time. Jungyeon was firmly saying no!

“If you want to have a kid, go on your own. Find a man to do that for you!”

That night, the couple had huge argument and didn’t talk with each other for several days. Eventually they came home from their vacation the next day and earned weird looks from their friends. Nayeon poured out her feelings to Jihyo and strangely with Jiae joining them at Yoo Angel Café over crying eyes. The listeners felt bad for the storyteller and Jihyo had to step up on their relationship this time.

She had a talk with Jungyeon. “Nayeon had only one wish and you ought to destroy her dreams with you?!”

Her best friend kept silent as Jihyo went on. “Did you forget Nayeon unnie got out casted from her own friends because she chose to be with you over them? If she wanted, she could have already dumped you and be with all the men that lined up to be with her. But no, she stayed strong with all the bullies she received just so she could stay with you!”

Jihyo witnessed Jungyeon cried from the past topic that the former brought up and the latter then not long after reconciled with Nayeon and got in good terms again.

“Let’s adopt Seungjae!”

From the contact Nayeon saved the middle age woman’s number secretly, 2yeon finally had a new family member.

*
*

The housewarming party had been held a week ago, Jiae and Jisoo came again for a casual visit. The couple helped out in the kitchen preparing lunch meals while Soojung was still up in the steps where the main room was.

The said girl came down not long after in her shorts and oversized short sleeved white tee. Instead of joining the cooking trio, Soojung hollered for the little child instead. “Lee Seol! It’s meal time!”

Soojung searched for the baby and found her in the spring swing located in the lounge room. When she wanted to scoop the baby up, her position felt awkward and not quite right.

Jisoo witnessed the scene from the table she’s sitting at and giggled. “A bit rough isn’t she?” she asked to Jihyo who was peeling and cutting onion. The younger looked up to see the Lees together and grinned. “She’s a little awkward but had gotten much better,” Jihyo replied.

The table was joined in by Jiae as the main chef taking a little break from frying the chicken. “Don’t look down on Soojung unnie. She learns parenting from my sister in-law,” she glared at Jisoo and stuck her tongue out, earning wow from the younger 2Ji.

“She’s really determined!” Jisoo exclaimed in fascination and watched how tender Soojung fed milk to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter