A Gift From The Murderer

A Journey of Memories

 

The sound of rushing water could be heard from the bathroom, while Jihoon lay on the bed refusing to wake up. Seungcheol had been trying to shake him awake for a while before eventually giving up, taking a shower instead. Jihoon was just about to fall asleep again... when a phone started ringing. He burried his head in the pillow to try to block out the disturbing sound. Then another phone started ringing as well, this one being his own and laying right beside him. He tried to hold out a little more, but eventually gave up and reached for his phone on the bedside table. The other phone, presumably Seungcheol`s, stopped ringing. Jihoon squinted at the bright screen and pressed the green button. 

"...Hello..?" He said in an irritated I-was-trying-to-sleep-you-sh*t voice. A laugh was heard on the other side, but Jihoon couldn`t put his hinger on who it sounded like. 

"You`re still a sleepyhead I see." The person on the other end said. Jihoon remained quiet, trying to figure out who this vioce belonged to.

"It`s Hoshi, remember me?" "Ah!" Finally it clicked. But how did he know about this number? Oh, that`s right. They were childhood friends.

"What do you want this early?" 

"I wanted to go somewhere with you. Somewhere we used to go before... everything happened."

"I`ll ask Seungcheol if he is free-"

"I was thinking just you and me though." There was a long silence. Jihoon wanted to go, wanted to find out more about this mysterious person, but his mind was filled with worry. What if Seungcheol freaks out again? He absoloutley didn`t want that to happen.  Just as he was about to tell Hoshi that he couldn`t go, Seungcheol came out of the bathroom with wet hair, a black t-shirt and grey sweatpants. Then, Jihoon remembered that another phone had been ringing.

"I think someone tried to call you a minute ago." Jihoon told Seungcheol earning a 'thanks', before turning back to the phone.

"I can`t go. Maybe another time." He could hear the dissapointment in Hoshi`s voice when he replied, "okay.."

Jihoon hung up and climbed out of bed. There was no point trying to go back to sleep now that he was already wide awake. He found some clean clothes, and went to take a shower.

 

Seungcheol went into the living room and searched for his phone, when it started ringing again. He picked it up, and put it to his ear. He didn`t recognise the number so he was just hoping it wasn`t someone conducting a telephone survey. 

"Hello?"

"SEUNGCHEOL!! WE FOUND ONE! WE #&%/å!" Seungcheol was both excited and irritated as he heard who the voice belonged to. It was obviously the one and only Seungkwan. Thinking about that he was really gratefull there weren`t more of this person. If this is such an annoying person, why are you excited? You may ask. Well, that`s because this person, believe it or not, is a policeman. You heard that right. That`s why, every time Seungkwan called a hope was lighted in him, that maybe they found something that could mean the capturing of the bastard who broke his boyfriend and his family.

"What did you find?! And speak clearly please."

"We. Found. A. Witness."

"WHAT?! I`m coming there." Seungcheol said, hanging up immediately, just as Jihoon came out from taking a shower. His hair was still wet as he had only placed a towell on top of his head, and was wearing a grey oversized sweater and black jeans.

"Jihoon, I have to go somewhere. Is that okay?" Jihoon nodded his head.

"Actually, I wanted to go somewhere as well."

"Hmmm... Only if you text me every 10 minutes." Jihoon agreed. He probably would have done that to check up on Seungcheol anyway.

 

**********

 

Seungcheol entered the police station and walked quickly towards where he knew Seungkwan would be. No one tried to stop him, they instead greeted him as if they were good friends. They`d probably gotten used to him coming and going as he pleased. At first they had been very against it, but as Seungcheol eventually showed to be of great help to the investigation, they accepted him almost as if he was a policeman himself. He entered the room he was looking for and was imediatelly dragged inside by a very excited Seungkwan.

"The witness is waiting at the table over there. We haven`t asked anything yet, since we wanted you to be here as well." He explained with a smile on his face. The two of them walked over to the table and sat down opposite the supposed witness. The boy on the other side of the table looked quite nervous, but he wasn`t trying to hide it at all. He was drying the sweat of his hands on his pants every minute, and was looking around the room quite often. As soon as the two sat down before him he looked up once before quickly looking down on the table, avoiding eye contact.

"What`s your name and age?" Seungkwan asked as he opened a notebook to write down everything that was said.

"Uhm, my name is Xu Minghao. I am 18 years old."

"So you`re chinese?" The boy nodded.

"You said you`re a witness to the attack on the Lee family, is this true?" He nodded again.

"What is the reason you didn`t come before now? It`s already been two years since the incident happened."

"Because he told me to tell you everything now."

"He?" Seungcheol asked. Why would somene wait for permission to tell the police about witnessing a murder?

"The... murderer." Minghao`s eyes were starting to tear up now, and his voice was getting weaker. Everyone listening to the conversation became silent, their eyes wide open, and their chin`s seemed to be competing about who could come closest to the floor.

"Do you... do you know who the murderer is?" Seungcheol asked. He was nervous about the answer. Of course, he wanted to know who the murderer is, but... the fact that it was probably someone close to Jihoon... was scary.

"I don`t. I`ve only seen his back and heard his voice." He answerd and wiped away a tear that had escaped at the thought of that terrifying man. He had been living in fear for the last two years and still was beause of that person. Yet somehow, when he got the call to tell the police what he knew, the man sounded sad, like he was sorry for what he had done. Minghao knew he shouldn`t, but at that moment the person on the other side of the call sounded human, and... he felt bad for him.

"What did he look like?" Seungkwan continued to ask questions.

"He looked like he had a strong body. His hair was blond, and from his clothes he didn`t look rich, but he didn`t look too poor either."

"How tall did look?"

"Mm, I don`t remember very well... between 175 and 180 cm...?"

"How old would you guess he is now?"

"Around... 20...?"

 

 

They asked a few more questions before sending him home, saying they`d keep in touch and that he should tell them if he hears anything from the murderer. Seungcheol returned home, and when he saw that Jihoon wasn`t home yet he quickly took out his phone to see that the boy had been doing as he promised. He sent Jihoon a text as well, assuring him that he was okay as well. But even if he said that, he wasn`t really okay. He was still shocked about the fact that the murderer had told the witness to tell the police what he had seen, even giving hints about his own apearence. All of this seemed to point towards the murderer wanting to be captured. Maybe he felt bad about what he had done? After all, Seungcheol still thought it to be someone close to Jihoon.Then why didn`t he just come himself and confess about it?  It was just weird. 

_________________________________________________

Finally a new chapter is done. I want to blame school for not writing anything before now, but... I`m just lazy really. Oops. I`M SORRYYYYY!!!

I still love you all! <3

Bye!!