Unknown Love

A Journey of Memories

 

Seungcheol woke up at 7 am, satisfied that he had actually gotten over 3 hours of sleep. Jihoon probably wouldn't wake up any time soon, so he decided to make apple smoothie or something for them both. Jihoon had told him that he didn't need to make him something all the time, but he just wanted Jihoon to be happy, and feel loved.
 
Seungcheol stood up from his bed, and went over to the kitchen in his night clothes.
When he finished, he put the smoothie in the fridge so it would still be cold when Jihoon woke up.
He walked over to the door to Jihoons room, and opened it slightly, peeking into the room, as he'd been doing every time he couldn't sleep. Clothes were strewn all over the floor, but Seungcheol didn't blame him. From where Jihoon would be sitting, he wouldn't be able to reach very high after all.
He looked further into the room. His whole body froze.
The bed was completely empty.
 
Seungcheol felt panic start to build in him, but tried to calm down with the thought that Jihoon had probably just gone to the bathroom. He hurried towards the bathroom door, and opened it without bothering to knock. Empty. Now the panic was really getting to him. His breathing became hectic and heavy. It felt like even though he was breathing, the breath just wouldn't reach his throat. Beads of cold sweat was quickly forming on his face as he ran around the apartment, desperately looking for his love. When he had looked all over, even in the strangest places, like the fridge, and the closet, his knees gave in and he fell to the ground. Whimpers and sobs were escaping from his mouth. He couldn't lose Jihoon, his lovely Jihoon, once again. He was fully hyperventilating now, tear after tear falling to the cold floor.
 
A door was heard opening. Then the sound of someone falling to the ground. The person half crawled, half dragged themselves towards him. He felt a pair of warm, thin arms wrap around him, and a lovely, yet terrified voice tell him that "it's okay, I'm here," "calm down," and "everything is fine."
 
As soon as he had calmed down, Seungcheol could feel his fatigue coming back, and he collapsed on the floor.
 
 
***********
 
Jihoon had tried and failed to get Seungcheol over to the sofa many times, when he decided it would be better to just call for help. So he called Pretty- sorry- Jeonghan. He had to make sure not to accidentally call him that to his face, cause that would be kind of weird.
Jihoon didn't really like to call people, he preferred texting, so he simply said "come over to Seungcheol's apartment right now... Please," and then he hung up. He lifted the sleeping boy's head up, and placed it on his own lap. When he thought about it he realised that he had never really seen Seungcheol sleep, except for that one time when he had just woken up from the coma. Now and even then his sleeping face was like that of an angel. It was peaceful despite everything that had happened just a little while ago. 
Jihoon sat there in silence, admiring the beauty on his lap a few minutes, when he heard someone running towards the already open door. "Is he okay?! What happened?!" Jeonghan shouted when he came in and saw Seungcheol on the floor. His eyes were wide, but he didn't seem shocked, just scared.
"He's fine now, but I can't take care of him on my own." Jihoon said motioning towards himself and the wheelchair he had abandoned by the door. Jeonghan came over and searched Seungcheol for any injuries, before he calmed down.
 
He helped Jihoon over to the sofa, after carrying Seungcheol to his bed, then he seated himself next to the boy he had met again just the day before. 
"So... what happened?" Jeonghan asked even though he had an idea already.
 
"I don't really know... I couldn't sleep well so I went out to get some air and something sweet. When I came back he was hyperventilating and crying on the floor." Jihoon explained. He too wanted to know what had happened. Jeonghan looked pained, for some reason.
 
"Listen, Jihoon, I have to tell you something. About what happened to Seungcheol after the incident with you and your family." He finally said after a long silence. He was quiet some more, with his eyebrows furrowed, wondering how he could explain this.
 
"Seungcheol was... the first person to witness it all, your parents bodies, you, and all the red... dark red blood. Apparently you had told him to come to your house. Something about a surprise, though I doubt the surprise he got was what you meant." Jeonghan sighed deeply before continuing. 
"He stayed beside you all the time after you entered a comatose state. He wouldn't eat, he would barely sleep, he would just sit there. Somehow he got the idea that if he had just arrived a little earlier, this wouldn't have happened. In the end, we had to force him to eat, and take medicines . Whenever he had to leave he'd get a mental breakdown. Like what happened today. We were extremely worried. Luckily, even though it took some time, you woke up, and I haven't seen him so happy in forever." Jeonghan sighed once more, and looked up from the ground to look Jihoon in the eyes. "...I used to love him. I still do. When you entered a coma I saw that as a chance. I tried to steal him from you, but when he didn't show any sign of cheering up, still clinging to your side... I gave up. I just want him to be happy. So please, love him. Stay with him." His lips were quivering slightly, and his voice was cracking all over the place. He didn't cry. He was used to it by now. However, Jihoon wasn't.
 
A tear hit the ground. Then another one. Little sobs were escaping from lips, covered by a shaking hand.
 
 
**********
 
 
Seungcheol's eyes slowly fluttered open, one at a time. It felt great to finally get some sleep, even if it was because he had fainted. He went through everything that had happened, and suddenly worried about Jihoon. He tried to sit up just to be held back by something. Looking over to his side he saw a big lump under the covers. Lifting them up he was shocked to see what it was. Jihoon was lying curled up under the sheets, his arms tight around Seungcheol's waist, and his head on Seungcheol's stomach. When he recovered from the shock of how immensely adorable this sight was, he giggled lightly, and lay back down. He was too busy treasuring the moment to notice the small smile on Jihoon's lips.
 
 
____________________________________________
 
Do you have any Kpop songs that sent you shivers? Which? I'd love to hear them! I recommend 'Auditory Hallucinations' for those who haven't heard it yet, it's beautiful!!! 
Thanks for the support, and have a nice day! <3 ;-)
 
Love you! 😘❤️😘
(P.s I feel like my chapters are getting shorter, is that bad?)