Prologue

Fake Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What’s with the sigh, Hyomin?”

Yoona glanced down at her classmate who’s resting her head on the table. She noticed the brunette was looking a bit bothered since this morning.

“What should I do Yoongie? Tiffany kept on tailing me everywhere I go”

“Tiffany? Why is she doing that?”

Hyomin lift up her head to look at her friend. She took a weary sigh before telling Yoona what was going on. “She confessed to me yesterday. Ever since then, she has been following and hounding me to date her”

“I see. So why don’t you date her?”

Hyomin frowned. “That’s the problem. I don’t love her. I meant I’m not swing that way”

“Then just tell her you don’t share the same feeling as hers”

“I did tell her that. But she doesn’t seem to accept it” she huffed “Should I just go and date her and ask for break up after few days?”

“No, that’s not a good idea. You’re just going to break her heart” Yoona said with a shake of her head, “And it will be pointless for you to date her if you don’t like her. Why don’t you come up with an excuse so you don’t have to go out with her?”

“Like what? I doubt Tiffany would believe any excuse I give her. You know how stubborn she can be”

“Tell her you already date someone” the taller brunette suggested.

“What am I supposed to do if she wants to know who it is?”

“Simple. Ask that person beforehand so Tiffany doesn’t catch you in the bluff”

“But Yoona, I don’t want to cause more problems to someone else. Tiffany isn’t going to take it easy. I believe she will do anything to make that someone suffer”

“Hmm, true. That pink monster can be very scary sometimes…” Yoona mused. She tapped her fingers on in thought, “It would have to be someone who could stand up to her…”

The shorter brunette smiled uncomfortably. Somehow she had a bad feeling about the plan her friend suggested, “Um, thank you, Yoongie, but I don’t think I want to go along with this plan…”

“I know the right person for you!” Yoona exclaimed, completely ignoring her friend’s remark, “Jiyeon! Jiyeon would be the best choice to be your fake girlfriend”

Hyomin’s mouth fell open at the mention of Jiyeon’s name “Jiyeon? W-what? Don’t be ridiculous…”

“I’m completely serious Park Sunyoung. If Jiyeon agrees with this plan, Tiffany will give up on you and stop pestering you” Yoona beamed at her, apparently very proud of herself of thinking such brilliant idea.

“Why Jiyeon though?”

“First, I can't recommend any guy to be your fake boyfriend because this is all girl school. Second, both of us know how Tiffany hates to lose to someone, especially those who aren’t at the same ‘level’ as her. So if you want to make her give up on you, you have to date someone at least as beautiful, popular, and as rich as her. Third, Jiyeon is the only person who can match her level. Hence, she is the best choice to be your pretend girlfriend” Yoona finished listing the reasons of why Jiyeon made a good choice to be Hyomin’s fake girlfriend.

“I told you I don’t like girls like that”

“What’s the problem? It’s not like you’ll actually be dating her. It’s just fake relationship” she coaxed.

“Yoona, honestly I don’t comfortable with this… There are so many flaws in this plan. Do you think Tiffany will believe me if I say I’m dating Jiyeon? I’m not even close to her. We barely have a conversation. She would rather believe if it’s you dating her. After all the two of you are best friends.

And what do you expect me to do, waltz up to Jiyeon and ask her to be my pretend girlfriend for a little while? She’ll think I’m insane!”

The other girl tapped her on the shoulder while giving a reassuring smile, “Don’t worry Minnie. I’ll help you with that” she paused when she heard familiar footsteps coming to the direction of their classroom. Her eyes focused on the door, expecting someone to come. After a moment, a smile appeared on her face, “Speak of the devil. There she is now”

Sure enough, when Hyomin glanced over to the direction of the door, she spotted Jiyeon was walking inside their classroom.

“Annyeong Jiyeonie!” Yoona waved at her best friend.

“Did I disturb the two of you?” The girl asked as she stopped in front of their table.

“No. Not at all. In fact I’m glad you come over”

Jiyeon furrowed her brows. She noticed Yoona was having that suspicious smile on her face “Glad?”

The other girl nodded “Say Jiyeonie, I need you to do something. Can you do it for me?”

“Sure. Just spill it ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter