catching feelings

crowns of golden thorns and beautiful ruins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

(catching feelings)

 

Ten is heroic in the most subtle ways because nobody shall ever know of his abilities. He asks Yuta to walk home together because he is a new student and he hears a bunch of troublemakers in his class is planning to corner him. 

"Who is this, Ten?"

"It's Yuta. He is a new transferee from Japan. Yuta, this is my distant cousin, Sooyoung."

He shakes her outstretched hand with a friendly smile, then begins to walk home as it is a coincidence also that their houses are in front of each other. 

Their hands are not locked together even though the back of their hands keep brushing as Ten walks in the center, Yuta on his left and Sooyoung on his right. 

Half of their journey, Sooyoung keeps stealing glances to him and he senses it as he keeps talking to Yuta. She is confused as of why they are not holding hands instead of why she is not involved their conversation.

When you get used to someone's presence, you expect all the habits that makes a home between the two to happen all the time. It is very unusual, and Sooyoung feels her empty palm getting colder. So this is how feels if Ten is not around, cold and grey like her grandmother's hair. 

 

 

 

When they are sixteen, they stop putting arms around each growing bodies and protect themselves from each other even when they are supposed to protect one and another, as it is what her mother taught the both of them. Ten no longer slips in under her sheets, and he is growing even more taller, with soft, defined features, Adam's apple visible on his throat whenever he gulps down a glass of milk in the morning.

"We are drifting away from each other, Ten. Can you feel it?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter