the universe is in your hands

crowns of golden thorns and beautiful ruins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(the universe is in your hands)

 

980

When you come, stumbling in after rushing through my home, greeting my parents and thrudging with those letters packed, all flushed and breathing and have never been more alive than before, I can only hide my smile and shoot a look of irritation to you.

"It's freaking 8 PM and what the hell are you doing?" My words seem to be just gibberish as you kick the door close behind you to drop the pile of letters I have spent for so long to write. Letters which take me a whole lot of courage to send. 

You roll your eyes and plop your body on the floor. "You're the only Chinese friend I got. Besides, this guy got the same family name as you, Dong Sa Sung! And auntie already sees me as her own daughter, so don't bother to nag me!"

I spin my chair to look down at her, pushing the glassess between my nose. "What do you got there? Some history-like books? Those letters look ancient to me!"

You begin to pull all your hair into the wrong places. "Ugh! That's the problem! It feels like this is something that belongs in the National Museum. Here, read this!" A chortle slips out of my lips as you begin to yell in utmost panick. I got down to sit in front of you, and I notice how giddy you actually seem about this. In this era, you seem to be so interested in things that disrupt the cycle of your daily life. It involves all such small matters, from discussing theories about ghost that often appears to scare the couples near the stairs at the back of the school, discussing conspiracies of the Sewol Tragedy, and now this.

I give a quick scan to the letter, even though I know it all too well that I've written a lot of drafts just for this mere introduction. "Nope. Never heard of him." I lie through my teeth. "But are you sure that I can read these letters? These feel too personal."

A sigh escapes from your lips, and you let your body plop down to the floor. "My conscience has been bothering me since that came. What if this is not meant to send to my adress?! What if this guy is confessing to someone and his love might not be reciprocated since it was never sent to his lover?! What-"

Placing my hand over your mouth, I try to calm you down. "Don't be such a worrywart. Let's think for all possibilities and let's just open the first letter to make sure, okay? Was there something that indicates this was adressed to you?" Her panicked eyes quiet down and I pull my hand back.

You nod slowly. "Well, there was my name."

"Right."

As I open the first letter, I can see you clasping your ears. The little sting o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter