drawing steps

crowns of golden thorns and beautiful ruins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
      (drawing steps)

 

 

Sooyoung replaces the wet towel above Ten's forehead everyday. The boy watches her as she does so, always. 

"Where did you find me?"

"It's Sooyoung."

"Hm?"

Sooyoung chuckles and takes the wet towel from his forehead, drenching it in the bowl. "Sooyoung is my name. It's not polite to call someone without their name."

"Sooyoung," Ten lets her name flows and twirls out of his tongue, his back supported by the pillows stacked behind him. 

Her eyes wonder to the fading bruise on his arms, him in a newly bought clothes Mom bought down the streets. "Did you fall a lot?"

Ten's eyes linger to the spot she transfixes herself in. "I can't remember."

"It's okay," she places the towel back on his forehead after motioning him to lie down, assuring him with a warm and comforting smile, her beret is no longer in sight like the first time he saw her. "You're safe now."

That word hits home somehow and Ten's eyes suddenly looks watery and moist. He doesn't know why, but that word really affected him greatly. He quickly shuts his eyes close it, just so it won't fall.

She sees it sliding down his cheeks, lips trembling. She doesn't hesitate to wipe it off as he seems to hold in so much pain. "It's okay."

 

 

 

 

 

The first time Ten takes off his clothes to change in the bathroom, he notices that there is a barcode-like mark on his left shoulder. Running his fingers through it, he can feel something planted under his skin. Since that time, he knows he isn't like any normal human being even though he barely remembers the cause of his bruises and the reason why he ends up here.

 

 

 

 

Her parents take Ten in, but masks his identity as a son of their distant relatives who recently passed away. 

Perhaps, because they are still hoping that Ten's parents will come for him someday. 

Sooyoung teaches him of everything through Christmas. It seems that he is completely u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter