aware

crowns of golden thorns and beautiful ruins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
      (aware)

 

 

Ten is just walking to the fridge to grab a stick of ice cream when voices begin to enter his brain, him listening to something he shouldn't have heard. It's coming from Soojung's parents room and they are talking in low voices. There is a different kind of restlessness in Soojung's parents behind closed doors.

"They will never find him right?"

"There will be news spreading around if they are here."

"What if they detect him to our house? What will happen to us? Shall we let him go?"

"We will send him away to somewhere safe-"

"What if-"

"The kid has suffered enough pain when we found him. We can't let him go back there."

Ten freezes by the opened fridge, hand gripping on to the handle. They are talking about him, they know where did he came from. 

He was going to close the fridge and confront them when he hears falling footsteps coming down his floor. It won't make sense either if he asks them about it since these powers are only known to him.

He takes a strawberry ice cream still in its pink wrapper on the upper section and closes the fridge, seeing the owner of the footsteps by the stairs five steps in front of him, in her pajamas and is probably off to drink her milk with that bad habit Sooyoung has of drinking it straight from the box. 

"Ice cream in night time? Really?" 

"There is never a wrong time to eat ice cream," he shrugs off coolly, opening the wrapper and throwing it in the waste bin beside the fridge. 

"You're unbelievable," Sooyoung shakes her head in disbelief and shuffles to the fridge, making Ten draws his way to his room. "Good night, Ten. Sweet dreams." Don't dream of any monsters okay?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter