Friends at school

Different, but similar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can't believe I actually revealed myself. How can a person do this? How can I be this stupid?? Like how??

"N-no..."I try to say something in my defense but my whole self is just frozen. I'm so damn afraid of this guy. I can't think of something to help myself. 

"You told everyone that I ducking beat a woman!" He shouts and slams the wall above my shoulder, scaring me. 

I swallow hard and try to stay calm. What can I do?? 

I see his chest moving up and down so fast and his breath warms my forehead. He's so angry. 

"You don't even have the gut to look in my eyes and admit that you mucking told everyone something that it's 90% false. Look at me!" He says with a calmer voice. I shake my head as if saying no. "I said look at me." 

 

Author's POV 

He lifted her chin with his pointing finger and stared at her face. She closed her eyes and a small tear came running down from her eye towards her jaw. 

"Explain," he said. 

She gulped and didn't open her eyes. With her weak and scared voice she started telling him how she saw him grabbing a woman forcefully of the arm and then giving her a hard slap across the face. "I returned with the police but you were gone and there were no witnesses. I was afraid that you might continue doing that and by exposing you I thought I could raise awareness. But people only took it as a groundless rumor and nobody didn't move a finger about it. What was I supposed to do about it?" 

Chanyeol slowly walked behind and stand before her with a completely surprised face. She opened her eyes and wiped the tears with the back of her hand. 

"You were scared that I could beat you too that's why you reacted like that. I understand you," he says. 

"Then it's your turn to explain. You said only 10% is true."

He sighed. Returning to these memories is not easy for him. "The truth is this one. That woman is the mother of my half brother. She is a devil woman and my late father always failed to see that. Two years ago when this incident happened that woman was pregnant with my step brother and she was supposed to give birth that month. My dad died only one month before that. During their marriage that woman continued cheating on dad but he was so blinded. After he died she wanted to give the baby to adoption so she can marry her new rich boyfriend. I tried to pursue her into keeping the baby and that's why I was so angry that day." 

Harin listens carefully and is surprised to hear such a difficult story. "So because it was family she didn't report you to the police?" 

"No there's more to that. But I can't expose her. You just have to understand that she's a mad woman and no matter how much I hate her I can't reveal more. But she totally deserved everything she got that day." 

"I think I understand you a little now," she says. "But this doesn't mean I'll listen to you. If you don't like me then I don't care." 

Chanyeol actually nods and she remains surprised. "Wow I didn't think you'll agree with me." 

"What can I say? A person doesn't just change because I want to. But I'll make you," he says before walking away. She looks at his back and curses a little before walking behind him at a safe distance. 

 

 

 

"You are the worst friend I have," Harin tells Yoongi as they walk with her tray of food towards an empty table 

"Man that is Chanyeol. He beat a woman. I'm scared of him. I'm more sensitive than a girl," he says when they sit down at the table. 

"About that. It turns out that the rumor is not true. He didn't beat a woman." 

"How do you know? He forced you to say this? Blink twice if it's true." 

She looks at him with a blank face. "It's true. That rumor started from nowhere." 

"I wonder who started it. That person is disgusting," he says and starts eating. 

"Yes. Disgusting..." She sighed and started eating too. 

 

"He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter