Chapter 07

Take My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P/S: Sorry for the late update today! Was caught up with school stuff ㅇㅅㅇ

===

Tiffany?

Taeyeon rushes towards the two people. She manages to squeeze through the crowd that has surrounded them. She sees a man grabbing onto Tiffany’s wrist while the latter is trying to break free.

“Hey,” Taeyeon says as she goes next to Tiffany. “You might want to let go of her right now.”

“And who are you?”

“You don’t have to know who I am. Let go. Now.”

“Get lost, shorty.”

“You’re going to regret it if you don’t let her go.”

“Trying to be the hero now? Why not grow some centimeters before you come back?”

“I don’t think that’s needed.”

Taeyeon shoves the guy. He releases his grip of Tiffany, stumbling backwards.

“See? I told you.”

The man gets up furiously and grabs Tiffany’s other wrist.

“This is none of your business, midget. Now scram.”

“None of my business?” Taeyeon sneers. “You’re holding on to my girl, now does that make it my business?”

Taeyeon hears the soft gasp coming from Tiffany. She ignores it and continues to stare at the man.

“Your girl?” The man comes closer to Taeyeon. “Do you take me as an idiot?”

“Maybe. Now let go of her before I do something I don’t want to do.”

“Oh yeah?” The man challenged. “Try me.”

“Okay, you asked for it.”

Taeyeon punches the man in his right cheek. The man falls to the floor. Taeyeon turns to Tiffany.

“You okay?”

“Yes.” Tiffany sees the man coming behind Taeyeon. “Look out!”

Taeyeon bends slightly, successfully dodging the man’s swing. She then kicks him in his stomach, sending him to the ground again.

“Seriously, I don’t want to do this. Let’s not make it big, shall we?” Taeyeon asks the man who is glaring at her.

“You watch out, midget.” The man warned before his friends dragged him away.

“Are you okay?” Tiffany cups Taeyeon’s cheeks.

“Y-yes.” Taeyeon is surprised by the sudden gesture. She pulls Tiffany’s hand down, afraid the latter will feel the incoming flush in her cheeks. “My knees are safe. I’m good.”

Tiffany chuckles. “I’ll believe that since you can still joke.”

“I’m okay, don’t worry. Can I get you a drink?”

“Sure.”

They go to the bar. Tiffany orders a margarita while Taeyeon orders a beer.

“Just beer?”

“For warm up. My first drink is always a beer.”

“I see.”

The bartender comes back and serves them their drinks. They thank him before going back to the conversation.

“Sorry for being late. You wouldn’t have to suffer from yet another gross guy’s attack if I came on time.”

“It’s okay. You saved me in the end anyway.” Tiffany sips her drink. “Why does this always happen to me?”

“Can’t blame them, can you?”

“Huh?”

“I mean, you’re pretty.”

“You think I’m pretty?”

“Objectively? Yes.”

“Then what about subjectively?”

“Very pretty.”

Tiffany blushes unconsciously. “At least your girl is very pretty.”

Taeyeon gulps down some beer. “Sorry I said that back there. I was blurting out whatever reason that was in my head.”

“So the first excuse you had was claiming me as yours?”

Taeyeon gulps down more beer. Tiffany stops her, pulling her bottle down.

“You’re gonna knock out fast if you keep drinking like this.”

Taeyeon clears in embarrassment. I need a hole to bury myself.

“I was kidding, Taeyeon. Relax.”

“Sorry.”

“For what? You are the one who protected me.”

“I don’t know. In case you feel awkward or creepy over whatever I said.”

“I don’t. I don’t judge, remember?” Tiffany chuckles. “I’m in no position to judge anyway.”

Taeyeon furrows her brows. What do you mean?

“Anyway,” Tiffany holds up her glass. “Thanks for saving me.”

Taeyeon holds up her bottle. “You’re welcome.”

They clear their drinks at one go.

“Round two?” Tiffany asks.

“Bring it on.”

===

“Can’t you open it quicker?”

“Shut up, Taeyeon.” Tiffany fumbles for her keys in her clutch. “Where are my keys?”

“Give it.” Taeyeon snatches the clutch and digs, finding the key within seconds. “Is this my clutch or yours? Why can’t you find your things?”

“I told you to shut up.”

Tiffany takes the key from Taeyeon and opens her door before stumbling inside. She throws herself on the couch.

“Wow, so grateful for the person who found what you need.”

“Why are you so irritating today?”

“You’re the irritating one.” Taeyeon pulls Tiffany up. “Go to your bed instead of sleeping on the couch.”

Tiffany lets Taeyeon drag her to her bedroom. Taeyeon settles Tiffany on her bed.

“Where are you going?”

“Home.”

“You’re not going home in this state, Taeyeon.”

“Fine, then couch. I’m too lazy to prepare a makeshift bed.”

“Just sleep here.”

“N-no. I’ll take the couch,” Taeyeon slurs before she turns to leave.

“I said just sleep here,” Tiffany half-shouts, pulling Taeyeon towards her.

Taeyeon gets surprised by the sudden action from Tiffany and loses her balance, falling on top of Tiffany. She holds her breath when she realizes their faces are only inches apart. She unconsciously starts looking at Tiffany’s lips before trailing up her face, meeting Tiffany’s eyes. Both gulp.

Taeyeon lifts herself up. “I-I’m so-“

Tiffany grabs Taeyeon by her collar, holding the latter back. She pulls Taeyeon back down, tilts her head and closes her eyes.

Taeyeon sees what Tiffany is doing and internally struggles for a few seconds. Are you sure about this, Fany? Her mind travels back to what Tiffany said at the club. I’m in no position to judge. She then recalls what Tiffany said when they met at the club in Hongdae for the first time. There really aren’t any pretty ones around here. She swallows. Do you really swing the same way? Are you really okay with this? She gives in to temptation in the end. She leans forward, catching Tiffany by her lips, feeling the latter kissing her back. They tug at each other’s lips for a few minutes before breaking apart.

“S-sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Don’t apologize,” Tiffany cups Taeyeon’s face. “It’s mutual.”

“M-mutual?”

“I like you,” Tiffany whispers. “A lot.”

Taeyeon stares at the girl under her in shock. You… You do feel the same way.

Tiffany pulls Taeyeon back in and Taeyeon re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter