Chapter 06

Take My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Surprise update for 805 ^^

===

Taeyeon runs as fast as her legs can take her, escaping from the person that is chasing after her.

“Stop right there!”

She feels her energy slowly depleting as she runs. Stitches are starting to form in her abdomen and sweat beads are rolling down her face.

“Yah!”

She turns behind and sees the man still hot on her heels. She curses under her breath. , he’s too fast.

This has been the longest pursuit she has ever been in. She is starting to regret her choice of store to steal from.

Will he ever run of energy? Goddammit.

Her right leg finally gives way after twenty minutes of running and she falls to the ground, scrapping herself at the same time. She pants and sees the man coming closer before eventually catching up to her.

“Trying to escape? I was a track and field athlete, this is nothing to me,” The man says as he grabs Taeyeon’s arm, stopping her from escaping. “Now let’s go to the police station.”

Taeyeon tries to break free but to no avail. She stifles another curse.

“Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon hears the familiar voice and turns around.

“What’s going on?” Tiffany asks as she approaches the two people.

“Who are you?”

“I’m her friend. Did she do something?”

“She stole from my shop.”

Tiffany shoots Taeyeon a look while the latter looks away, avoiding Tiffany’s gaze.

“I’m sorry, ahjussi. How much is it? I’ll pay for her.”

“I ran twenty minutes just to catch her. I’m reporting her to the police.”

“Can you please let my friend off, ahjussi? I’ll pay for what she stole plus the cab fare for you to go back to your shop.”

The man looks at Tiffany and frowns, thinking.

“Please?” Tiffany asks again.

“Fine, I’ll let her off this time.”

“Thank you ahjussi.” Tiffany takes out a few bills from her wallet. “Is this enough?”

“Just two of these will do. The cab fare isn’t needed.” The man takes the money from Tiffany then turns to Taeyeon. “Don’t do it again. You’re young, don’t ruin your future.”

“Thank you ahjussi.”

Tiffany bows to the man. She kneels down next to Taeyeon after the man left.

“Taeyeon.”

“What?”

“Why did you do it again?”

“No reason.”

“Can’t you seek thrill using another method?”

“…”

“Can you stop stealing?”

Taeyeon stares at Tiffany. “What? Do you regret your choice? It’s part of the package of being friends with a delinquent. You should’ve known, no?”

“That’s not what I meant.”

Taeyeon scoffs.

“I’m serious, Taeyeon. I wasn’t implying anything. It’s for your own good.”

“Sure.”

“Taeyeon…”

“It’s okay to back out now if you want to.”

“What?” Tiffany frowns. “Is that how you see me? That I’m a person who backs out a friendship this easily? I thought you would understand me by now.”

Taeyeon bites on her lower lip, guilt filling her system.

“I’m not backing out anything, Taeyeon.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay. Please don’t ever say something like that again? It hurts to know you see me as such a person.”

“I don’t.” Taeyeon looks up at Tiffany. “I really don’t.”

“I hope you meant what you said.”

“I mean what I say,” Taeyeon reassures her. “Why are you here anyway?”

“I live just down the street.”

“Oh.” What kind of coincidence. I didn’t actually want you to see me like this. “I should go.”

Taeyeon stands up and winces at the pain in her scrapped knees, which didn’t go unnoticed to Tiffany. She reaches out to hold Taeyeon’s hand, pulling Taeyeon behind her.

Taeyeon swallows. Why is my heart racing again?

“Uh, Fany?”

“Shut up and follow me.” Tiffany continues to drag Taeyeon.

“I will follow you but can you please go slower? My knees hurt.”

“Oh.” Tiffany stops immediately. “I’m sorry.”

“That’s okay.”

Tiffany slows down her speed, but her hand never left Taeyeon’s despite the latter assuring that she will follow her. This actually feels… right. Why am I feeling like this?

They reach Tiffany’s home within ten minutes. Tiffany settles Taeyeon down on the couch before going to one of the cupboards to retrieve the first-aid kit. She dabs some of the medication-soaked cotton ball on Taeyeon’s knees, making sure that it isn’t too painful for the injured girl. She then applies gauzes over the wounds before using the tape to keep them in place.

“Thanks.”

“Welcome. Does it still hurt?”

“Would be lying if I said no.”

“That’s what you get for doing what you did.”

“I know.”

Tiffany leaves to put the first-aid kit back at where she took it from before proceeding to the kitchen to get a glass of water for Taeyeon.

“Thanks.” Taeyeon sips the water. “Nice place. Quite cozy.”

“Thanks.”

They sit in silence for the next one minute.

“This is awkward.”

“I know.” Taeyeon scratches her neck. “Is it because of what I said just now?”

“Maybe.”

“I’m really sorry, Fany. I didn’t mean it and I definitely don’t see you that way.”

“You wouldn’t have said that if it never came across your mind.”

“Okay, fine. Yes, it did but that thought never came back after the first month of being friends with you.”

“…”

“I know you care for me, Fany.”

“Then why are you still stealing if you know I care about you?”

“I’m trying my best. I really am.” Taeyeon sighs. “I’ve been trying to suppress the urge and I just…”

Tiffany stands up and walks to the couch, sitting next to Taeyeon. She knows the latter has been trying and the number of times indeed is decreasing by a lot compared to before, proving it.

“I know you’re trying.” She places her hand above Taeyeon’s. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I’m the disappointing one.”

“Don’t say that.”

“But it’s true.”

“What matters most is that you’re trying and it is succeeding.” Tiffany squeezes Taeyeon’s hand. “We can all see the change in you. We will get there, slowly but surely. I trust you will.”

“Thank you.”

“And I will be sticking around you like a piece of gum so don’t ever try to remove me again.”

“I’ll never do that again. I actually enjoy getting stuck to this gum.”

The both of them chuckle.

“I should go.”

“Can you walk?”

“I’ll get there, slowly but surely. Your words, remember?”

“It’s late. Just stay here for the night.”

“I don’t want to bother you.”

“You’re not at all bothering me. Take it as you’re accompanying me through this lonely night?”

Taeyeon smiles. “If you say so.”

“Good. Go take a shower while I prepare your makeshift bed.”

“Thank you.”

“For the bed? No problem.”

“No. For sticking to me like gum.”

Tiffany smiles and gives Taeyeon’s hand another squeeze. “You’re most welcome.”

===

Tiffany squirms under her sheets when she feels the sunlight shining in her face. She tosses and turns before opening her eyes, slowly adjusting to the light. She turns again and looks down to see a still-asleep Taeyeon. She smiles to herself.

Your sleeping face looks even cuter.

She frowns when she realizes what she has just thought of.

This is weird.

She then sighs as she remembers all the feelings she has been getting whenever she’s with Taeyeon for the past few months. She can’t remember when it started exactly, but she has been experiencing these weird, inexplicable feelings when she’s with the short

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter