Chapter 05

Take My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Taeyeon started opening up to Tiffany, the duo has been hanging out with a new ‘friend’ status.

Taeyeon is glad to have one more person who would keep her company besides her only three friends. She knew Tiffany is a very cheery and easy-going person before they became friends, but she didn’t know how much energy the girl actually has. She often gets dragged to different places by Tiffany and although she didn’t have interest in half the things they did, she still feels happy that someone is here to do things with her. It has been awhile since she feels cared and she can’t deny the joy she feels just from the little caring gestures from Tiffany. She also finds herself smiling more often when she is with Tiffany, and that Tiffany’s positive energy influences her to a certain extent.

Tiffany has been trying her best to make Taeyeon feel comfortable around her. She knows that it is a huge step for the latter to open up to someone when she has been shutting people out since years ago. Although she is eager to know and find out about Taeyeon, she didn’t want to come across as desperate and most importantly, she didn’t want to make Taeyeon uncomfortable. She has been trying to inflict Taeyeon with her positivity, though she isn’t quite sure if it will work. However, she notices that Taeyeon has been smiling more nowadays so she assumes that it is working. Also, she is pretty when she smiles.

Taeyeon also realizes that she has been thinking lesser about stealing or other illegal things she does ever since she became friends with Tiffany. She hasn’t stopped doing that because she still wants and seeks the thrill, but the number of plans she have in her head has definitely been decreasing over time.

This is also a pleasant realization for Tiffany. Although there are still times that she has to chide on Taeyeon for what she has done and nights that she has to go pick Taeyeon up at the police station, it has been getting better.

Taeyeon’s slight change in behavior did not go unnoticed to Soonkyu, Sooyoung and Yuri. The three of them would text Tiffany every now and then to update her on Taeyeon, which are often pleasing messages. They would thank Tiffany too, even if it is only a slight change, and tell her that it has been so long since they last saw their friend smile. Genuinely smiling. Tiffany will always dismiss it by saying it takes all of their efforts and not just hers alone, and that she will continue to do whatever it takes so that they can all see a even greater change in Taeyeon.

Taeyeon’s aunt is also delighted to know the behavioral change in her niece. Even though she is no longer in charge of Taeyeon’s file, Tiffany has been updating Taeyeon’s aunt personally as she feels that she should do that, especially since she knows how much Taeyeon’s aunt still cares about Taeyeon.

===

“Hi.”

“Yes?”

“I could use a ‘hi’, Taeyeon.”

“Hi. Yes?”

“Still so cold huh?”

“I text my friends like this. You’re not the only one.”

Tiffany chuckles to herself before typing a reply.

“At least I’m not the only one. Have you watched the movie I brought you the last time?”

“Not yet. Did Soonkyu, Sooyoung or Yuri tell you I like Iron Man?”

“They didn’t. It was a pure guess. I’m right then?”

“Psychic.”

“Thanks. He happens to be my second favorite.”

“Let me guess. Your favorite is Captain America.”

“How did you know?”

“Because your face spells mainstream.”

“Ouch. That hurts.”

Tiffany types another reply.

“When do you plan to watch that?”

“I actually watched it in the theatre already.”

“Oh.”

Taeyeon is slightly surprised by the short reply. Are you actually disappointed? She types a new message and considers for a good few seconds before tapping on the send button.

“But I can always watch it again. I might actually do that tonight.”

“Can I join you?”

Taeyeon halts.

Tiffany sends another reply when she didn’t receive a reply from Taeyeon after a minute.

“Too fast for a friendship? Sorry. Take it as I never said it. Enjoy the movie, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon thinks. Friends watch movies together right?

Tiffany was about to pocket her phone when she feels a vibration.

“I guess you can since friends do watch movies together.”

Tiffany smiles to herself.

“Tell me the time and I’ll see you tonight then. I’ll bring popcorn.”

===

“That was… Wow.”

“Iron Man is cool. I wish people would realize that already.”

“But Chris Evans is hot.”

“Robert Downey Jr can be hot too.”

“To each of her own,” Tiffany stretches after sitting still for two hours. “Everyone has their own preference.”

Taeyeon swallows. Indeed.

“So,” Tiffany turns to Taeyeon. “Do you want to end the night now?”

“I… don’t know? You?”

“I have nothing on so I can stay if you don’t want it to end just yet.”

“But what else can we do?”

“What do you want to do?”

“I’m pretty sure you’re not going to do the things I want to do.”

“No theft, no graffiti, no fighting.”

“Then nothing.”

Tiffany frowns. “Do you really only do those things?”

“Party.”

“That aside too.”

“I meet Soonkyu, Sooyoung and Yuri.”

“And what do you do when you guys meet?”

“Eat, movies, talk…”

“Then let’s talk. I realized I know quite a bit about you by now but aren’t you curious about me?”

“I…” Taeyeon pauses. “I guess? A bit?”

“Ask me questions. I’ll answer everything. What do you want to know?”

“Is your name really Tiffany?”

Tiffany laughs. “What?”

“Is Tiffany your real name? Or are you just trying to be cool by having an English name?”

“Tiffany’s my birth name. I’m Korean American.”

“So you speak English too?”

“Yes, I speak English,” Tiffany says in English.

“Oh God, that accent. Now switch back to Korean.”

“Okay,” Tiffany changes back to her mother tongue. “Next question.”

“Since you’re half Korean, you must have a Korean name. What is it?”

“I’m not answering that.”

“You said you are going to answer everything.”

Tiffany deflates. “Fine. I’ll tell you but no laughing. It’s Hwang Miyoung.”

Taeyeon stifles a laugh and Tiffany slaps her arm lightly.

“I told you not to laugh.”

“I can’t help it, I’m sorry.” Taeyeon continues to suppress her laughter. “That’s almost as bad as Soonkyu.”

“Yah.”

“That ahjumma-sounding name does not fit you at all.”

“I know, which is why I avoid telling people that. Now stop laughing before I walk out of that door.”

“Okay.” Taeyeon takes in a deep breath to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter