Chapter 04

Take My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon finds it strange that Tiffany hasn’t been pestering her for slightly more than a week. The last time they met was when Tiffany dragged her to the art exhibition and she hasn’t seen her since then. Although she very much enjoys the long-awaited peace, she kind of misses having the chatty girl around. It feels weird not having someone follow and nag at her almost every day, after experiencing that for more than a month.

During Tiffany’s absence, Taeyeon can’t help but think that she did right to not let the girl into her life. She was so close to letting her guard down, but she is glad that she remained resilient. I knew it. She is bound to leave one day. Thank God I did not open up to her. No one will ever stick around me after knowing who I am.

She wears the hood of her jacket over her head and enters the convenience store. She looks around, making sure that no one is looking before grabbing a handful of chocolate bars and stuffing them into her pocket.

She was about to make her way out when she feels an arm pulling her from behind. She turns around and sees the girl who she hasn’t seen in nine days.

“Take it out.”

“What?”

Tiffany points at Taeyeon’s pocket. “I saw it. Take it out.”

“It’s none of your business.”

“It’s anyone’s business when they see theft. Quick Taeyeon, take it out.”

Taeyeon groans and takes out the sweet treats from her pocket, giving them to Tiffany. She watches as Tiffany goes around the store while holding on to the chocolate bars, taking a bottle of water from one of the shelves before heading to the cashier. She sees Tiffany paying for the items before walking back to her.

“Here.” Tiffany gives the treats back to Taeyeon along with the bottle of water. “Chocolate bars are fine, but remember to drink more water after that.”

Taeyeon is too stunned to reply. She is also half-puzzled as to why Tiffany would do this.

“Taeyeon?”

“Huh?”

“Did you hear what I say?”

“Yes.” Taeyeon clears . “I don’t need you to buy me chocolate bars. I can get them myself.”

“Take it as a gift then.”

“What kind of gift is this?”

“Well, you wanted it.”

“I never said I wanted it.”

“Then why were you attempting to steal again?” Tiffany whispers, making sure no one hears them.

“It’s not about the chocolate bars.”

“Then?”

“Never mind.”

Taeyeon walks out of the store with Tiffany trailing behind. The irritation in Taeyeon builds up as they continue walking. Did I really miss having her around me? I must have been joking. She almost scoffs at herself.

Taeyeon stops. “Will you stop following me?!”

“I haven’t followed you in days. I want to know what you’re up to.”

“Exactly. You haven’t followed me in days. Why come back? I was enjoying my peace.”

“I would’ve followed you for the past week as well but I have a new case to follow.”

Taeyeon pauses. So you haven’t been around not because you’ve given up but because you have another case? She shakes her head. No, don’t soften now. “Then follow that case instead of following me!”

“I can’t.”

“Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

“I would, but I’m too deep into this to get out now.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Nothing.”

“Okay, I don’t care what you’re trying to say but I will very much appreciate it if you can leave me alone now since you’ve already stopped me from stealing. You’ve done your job. You can leave now.”

“How would I know if you’re hatching yet another plan in your head?”

“I’m not!” Taeyeon ruffles her hair. “I swear I’m not planning anything so please go. I’m not going to do anything.”

“Okay, fine. I’m going to leave just for today. Remember to drink more water if you’re planning to finish the chocolate bars. Bye, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon feels amused. Why do you care about me so much?

===

Tiffany enters the club to look for Taeyeon once again, after knowing Taeyeon’s whereabouts from Soonkyu. She looks around to look for the short girl but she didn’t see Taeyeon anywhere. She goes to the bar, planning to wait for Taeyeon there since she can get a clear view of the place from where she’s seated at.

“A Cosmopolitan please.”

The bartender nods and makes her drink in a minute. Tiffany thanks the bartender, takes the glass, spins around, sips her drink while eyeing the crowd.

“Hi.”

Tiffany looks up to see a man. She decides to be as polite as she can even though she has no interest in getting hit on.

“Hi.”

“You were the girl with Taeyeon from the other night, aren’t you?”

Tiffany gets surprised upon hearing Taeyeon’s name. “Yes. And you?”

“I’m her friend as well. May I?” The man gestures to the seat next to her.

As much as Tiffany wants to reject, she also knows that this friend of Taeyeon’s might be able to tell her about the girl she has been interested in.

“Sure.”

The man sits down and orders a drink.

“Are you here alone?”

“I’m here to look for Taeyeon, actually. Is she here?”

“She is, but what’s your relationship with her?”

A pause. “Acquaintances?”

“Ah, so no relationship. Good.” The man faces Tiffany and places his arm around Tiffany’s shoulder. “I have a chance then.”

“Get your hand off me.”

“You’re hot. I want to know more about you.”

Tiffany slaps the man’s arm away. “I’m not a random easy girl you can find in a club so stop.”

“What’s with you? I’m just trying to make friends.”

“You clearly are stepping over the boundary.”

“Don’t act innocent and all, Taeyeon’s acquaintance.” The man puts his arm around Tiffany again. “Fine, how about friends for a starter?”

“Let go of me.”

The man tightens his hold, making it harder for Tiffany to break free. She even contemplates throwing the drink she is holding at his face but decides not to make herself the center of attention. She struggles but to no avail.

“What the hell are you doing?!”

She hears the familiar voice and feels the man getting pushed away. She opens her eyes and sees the girl she has been waiting for.

“Just trying to make friends with her. Calm down.”

“I told you she’s not for you, Sanghoon.”

“She’s not even yours. You guys are just acquaintances. I don’t need your permission to be friends with her. She can befriend me without your permission too.”

The man clings onto Tiffany for the third time.

“She doesn’t want to be your friend. Now get lost.”

“Shut up, Taeng. You get lost before I lose my cool.”

Sanghoon turns to Tiffany, tracing his finger up Tiffany’s thigh. Taeyeon shoves the man hard the moment she sees him touching Tiffany sleazily.

“Don’t touch her.”

Tiffany gets surprised at Taeyeon’s protectiveness. She can’t help but feel happy in her heart, knowing that Taeyeon does care about her despite the coldness.

“Who are you to stop me, midget?”

Taeyeon grabs his hand before he could touch Tiffany again. “I’m warning you, Sanghoon. Scram off or else.”

“Try me.”

Sanghoon tries to push Taeyeon but Taeyeon avoids swiftly before landing a punch on his face.

Tiffany gasps in shock. “Why did you do that, Taeyeon?!”

“Let’s go,” Taeyeon says, pulling Tiffany out of the crowd that has surrounded them by then.

They make their way out of the noisy place and Taeyeon lets go o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter