Chapter 8

Love you just the way you are

Yoojin was just a short distance from the house when Jinyoung managed to catch up with her. He grabbed her hand and turned her around to face him.

"What is it?" Yoojin asked, her voice slightly cold. Jinyoung bit his lip, not liking the tone of her voice. He took a deep breath before saying the words he had been wanting to say for a long time.

"I like you, Lee Yoojin."

The first thing that Yoojin did was to blink her eyes her a few times, not believing what she had just heard. Only when the words finally sink into her did she go and hit Jinyoung's chest repeatedly. Jinyoung winced at the pain but bore with it. He deserved it for hurting Yoojin, after all.

"Why did you reject me then, you idiot?" Yoojin cried, tears trickling out of her eyes. 

"Well, I was worried it won't work out. I...I'm not even a human..." he replied, his voice barely above a whisper. Yoojin stopped hitting him and looked at him deeply in the eyes.

"Jinyoung, do you remember the time when you and the others took care of me when I was sick? You were the most worried among them and even stayed up at night to make sure that I was alright. And remember when I was bullied by classmates for being fat and you and the others comforted me? You told me that I was beautiful no matter what. Because of that, I regained confidence and became the person I am today. My point is, who cares if you're not human? The "you" you are now is the same "you" I was in love yesterday. The same "you" I will be in love tomorrow," Yoojin smiled at him, her eyes filled with love and tenderness.

All of a sudden, she felt Jinyoung's lips on hers. Her eyes widened in shock before they became closed as she accepted the kiss. Leaning in closer, they deepened the kiss, feeling as though time has to a standstill and this moment was for eternity. Who cares if people were watching? It seemed as though the world consisted of just the two of them.

After a while, they pulled away from each other, out of breath. They beamed at each other.

"I love you, Jinyoung," Yoojin whispered

"I love you too, Yoojin," Jinyoung murmured back, caressing her chin.

"Oh, yeah. There's something I need to tell you," Yoojin said. She lean in and whispered into his ears.

"You're the winner for that day's talent show, by the way."

Hearing her words, Jinyoung smiled and gave her a peck on the cheeks.

"I'm so glad to have you for my girlfriend."