Chapter 5

Love you just the way you are

Yoojin scribbled the last few sentences on her homework and heaved a sigh of relief. Finally. She was done with her homework. And just in time too! Mr Jung, her teacher had arrived just then.

"Ok, class. Before we start the lesson proper, I need to know how many people are going to the prom," Mr Jung said.

Ah, yes. The prom that everyone had been talking about since yesterday. In fact, some guys had asked her out but she told them she would consider. She had even wanted to agree going out with one of them since she wanted to give him a chance. That was, until her dolls mysteriously grew. It was then that she decided who she should go out with: Jinyoung. But would he agree to it? What if he rejected her? That would be unpleasant. She secretly fiddled with her fingers as she thought about it. Even thinking about it made her heart pound wildly on her chest.

"Yoojin, Mr Jung is asking for the last time if anyone else is going to the prom or not so you better raise your hand if you're going," Mark, one of Yoojin's friends at school whispered, snapping her out of her thoughts. She immediately raised her hand. Mr Jung looked at her, as if he was judging her for taking so long to respond. Yoojin could only respond by smiling at him sheepishly.

Before long, it was break time. Mark grinned at Yoojin and put an arm around her shoulder. They were joined by Bambam and Yugyeom, another two of Yoojin's friends.

"What are you thinking of? You looked really distracted just now," he said.

"Ermm... nothing," she answered, trying to stop the heat from rising up her cheeks.

"We know you better than that. You are not usually like this. Unless you're thinking about something. Or someone," Yugyeom, who had overheard their conversation, chimed in.

"So what is it?" Bambam asked teasingly, joining in the conversation. 

"Really. It's nothing!" Yoojin protested.

"Alright, alright! We won't pursue the matter," Mark laughed. 

"Hey, guys!" a familiar voice called. Mark's eyes lit up when a female joined them.

"Hello, Mark," the female purred, quickly pecking him on the cheek.

"Really, Areum? The first thing you do after you greet us was to kiss your boyfriend?" Yugyeom said, shaking his head.

"What? There's nothing wrong with it," Areum grinned, looking at them innocently.

"Come on, guys. Let's go buy our food," Yoojin said.

"Ok. Let's go!" Bamban grinned. With that, the five of them went to buy their food. They met up at their usual table once they bought their food.

"So.... guys, have you guys bought your outfit for the prom?" Areum asked, her eyes shining with excitement at the thought of prom.

"Oh, right," Yoojin thought. She was still in the dilemma of whether she should ask Jinyoung out. Should she or should she not? After debating for a bit, she finally decided that she would ask him out. Even if he rejected her (which she prayed that he won't), it was nothing much, right? She would still enjoy the prom. Now she just had to make sure she didn't make a fool of herself when asking him out...

"So have you bought your outfits yet, Yoojin?" Areum asked, bringing her back to reality again.

"Not yet. I will be buying it this weekend," she replied, smiling at Areum.

"Oooh! I haven't buy an outfit yet as well so let's shop together!" Areum grinned.

"Sure!" Yoojin laughed. They immediately began excitedly discussing on where to go and such. They were so engrossed in their discussion that they were neglecting some people.

"Ermm... girls. We ain't invisible, you know," Yugyeom said clearing his throat.

"Sorry! We got really carried in our conversation," Yoojin chuckled. They then began chatting happily.

"Ring!" the bell rang after a while, signalling the end of lunch break. The five of them said their goodbyes before heading back to their respective classes.