Chapter 3

Love you just the way you are

A few hours later...

"I'm home!" Yoojin called as she opened the door to reveal her dolls on the piano. She looked at them curiously. What were they doing? Upon hearing her voice, they turned to look at her with wide smiles on their faces.

"Hey, Yoo Jin! You're just in time for our talent show! Mind being our honorary judge?" Jackson grinned, placing a kiss on her hand. Yoojin giggled and blushed a little. Jinyoung found himself twitching a little and glaring at Jackson but he shook his head. He was not going to let his jealousy get to him. Besides, it was only a small gesture.

"Sure!" she smiled. She sat down on the piano seat and watch as the show began. Jaebum was the first to perform. He went to play the music and started b-boying. Yoojin and the other six gasped, impresssed when he did spectacular moves, from the 2000 and back spins to the one-handed freeze. He even did the difficult-to-execute jackhammer! With a smile, Jaebum bowed when he was done. He then fistbumped Jackson who went to the front. He beatboxed for a while before rapping. The rap was slow and gentle at first but then became faster and more intense. Yoojin found herself bobbing her head to the rhythm of the rap. She was not a big fan of rapping but there was something about Jackson's rap that she liked. Perhaps it was the emotions he put into his rap or the smoothness of it.

"Thank you, thank you. Hope you enjoyed Jackson's awesome rap," Jackson winked as he faced his audience.

"It's your turn, buddy!" he grinned, patting Youngjae on the shoulder. Youngjae nodded and grinned back at him before heading to the front.

"Yoo Jin, do you know how to play "A"? You know I couldn't play the piano given my size," he smiled at Yoo Jin sheepishly.

"Fancy asking the judge for help," she chuckled, poking Youngjae's nose with her finger, "but of course I can."

"Thanks," Youngjae beamed. As soon as Yoojin started playing, Youngjae  melodious voice rang through the air, entrancing everyone. He danced some simple moves too. Despite the moves being simple, he danced with a lot of energy. His energy was contagious -- everyone found themselves dancing along as well (except for Yoojin obviously since she was playing the piano but she did move her body a little).

Last but not the least, it was Jinyoung's turn to perform. He took out a deck of mini poker cards and showed it to Yoojin.

"Pick a card, any card," he smiled. Yoojin pointed to the nine of hearts, smiling back at him. Jinyoung felt his heart racing as he looked at her. She was so gorgeous when she smiled that like. He quickly shook his head to snap himself out of his trance. He shuffled the cards and took out of a card. He showed it to Yoo Jin.

"Is this your card?" he asked.

"Yes, it is," she replied, surprised. Jinyoung grinned and set aside the other cards. He then levitated the nine of hearts to his other hand before changing it to the queen of diamonds. His audience gawked, amazed by the trick. He showed the card to his friends and then made it disappear. A rose appeared in its place. Smiling softly, he walked towards Yoojin and gave the rose to her. 

"For you, Miss Yoojin," he bowed, blushing. Yoojin's cheeks turned as red as a tomato as well. They looked at each other shyly, gazing into each other's eyes. But their moment was interupted by squealing.

"Oh my god! You guys are just so cute!" Youngjae exclaimed, causing the two of them to turn beetroot once more.

"What a way to ruin their moment," Jaebum scolded, shaking his head. 

"What? It's not my fault that these kind of things make me excited," Youngjae pouted. Suddenly, Yoojin gasped.

"Oh no!" she exclaimed.

"What is it?" Jaebum asked.

"I enjoyed the talent show so much that I forgot I have homework to do," she explained. She hurriedly grabbed her bag and rushed to her room with the dolls right behind her.