Chapter 7

Love you just the way you are

Jinyoung leaned against the wall, a glum expression on his face. It had been a few days since he rejected Yoojin. Although they were still on talking terms, it felt rather awkward. Yoojin would always look away from him and there would be this uncomfortable silence. How he wished they could go back to the way they was, when they would laugh at almost every small things. But it was best to get hurt now than to get hurt later...

As for Yoojin, she was beyond depressed. Whenever she was alone, she would find herself either throwing things at the wall or screaming before crying her eyes out. Frankly, she felt really pathetic for being this weak. How could she so affected by a little rejection? Unfortunately, she was weak. No matter how many times she tried to tell herself that it was nothing, her heart still hurts.

Of course, their friends had noticed the change in attitude towards each other. However, they could not get an answer from either of them so they could only glanced at each other with concern in their faces every once a while. Just what had happened between them?

Luckily, they did not to have to wait long to have an idea of what had happened. A few days later, Yoojin told the others that she would be agreeing to go to the prom with the one that she had planned to agree earlier. The four dolls gasped at her announcement. Jaebum and Youngjae looked at Jinyoung, disappointment written on their faces while Jackson looked like he was going to strangle him. Jinyoung just kept his head down to avoid their gazes on him. What could he say? He was the one who let Yoojin go to another guy by rejecting her. Before any of them could say a word, Yoojin bid them goodbye and left the house. As soon as she was gone, Jackson shook Jinyoung vigorously.

"Didn't you say you would confess your feeling to Yoojin? So why is this happening?!" he roared. 

"Don't you think that I am regretting it?!" Jinyoung yelled back, the tears he had been holding back welling up his eyes. Jackson let go of him, his expression softening slightly. He patted Jinyoung's back, as if to comfort him and to apologise to him for hitting so hard.

"I'm sure there's a reason why you rejected her so can you please tell us?" Jaebum asked gently. Wiping away his tears quickly, Jinyoung told them his concerns with the other three listening attentively. 

"I understand what you mean but isn't the present more important? Instead of worrying about the future, focus on the present," Jaebum said after Jinyoung finished explaining. Jinyoung nodded. What Jaebum said was true. It's better to do things now rather than regretting it in the future.

"Thanks, Jaebum," Jinyoung said, looking at his friend gratefully.

"No need to thank me," Jaebum smiled. 

"Now that the problem is settled, what are you waiting for? Go chase after Yoojin!" Youngjae grinned. 

"Right!" Jinyoung nodded. With all the talking, he almost forgot about that. Giving his shoulder tight squeezes, his friends wished him good luck. Jinyoung smiled at them and rushed out to catch up with Yoojin.