Chapter 9

Perfect

We are flawed, but when we admire someone we tend to look past those flaws because we feel they aren't important enough to care too much about them.

~Jeonghan Pov~

A couple of hours later Strawberry Shortcake wakes up. I expected him to look around and eventually spot us, but he didn't. As soon as he wakes up, Shortcake looks directly at Soonyoung who was tightly hugging him like his life depended on it. Soonyoung was still asleep though. Soonyoung's face was covered by his hair so Shortcake lightly swept his hair to the side, waking Soonyoung in the process. The first thing Soonyoung sees is Strawberry Shortcake and he begins crying again.

Oh no, he's so broken! I will kill Seokmin!

Shortcake immediately tightened his hold on Soonyoung and laced his fingers through Soonyoung's hair until he calmed down.

Awe, even Shortcake is devastated.

The look on Shortcake's face told me he'd never want to see Soonyoung this way again.

Treat him right Shortcake. He deserves you.

Oh god no!

I immediately froze in my spot and so did Jisoo.

~Woozi Pov~

I comforted Soonyoung until he calmed down after waking up and bawling his eyes out.

"Soonyoung, wanna shower really quick? I mean, it might make you feel better."

"Ok, I'll be back soon(young)."

He got up and left. When I was alone I finally checked my surroundings and froze on the spot.

Oh my god!

It was silent.

"Who are you Strawberry Shortcake?"

"I could ask you the same thing Rapunzel."

It was silent for a second before I spoke up.

"I'm Lee Jihoon, Soonyoung's friend and neighbor (btw horrible time skip ahead just for the sake of the book so sorreh)...I met him three weeks ago."

Why would you say that Jihoon?

"I'm Yoon Jeonghan, Soonyoung's friend."

"I'm guessing Prince Charming over there is Joshua, am I correct?"

"Yes. Hello I am Hong Jisoo, but I go by Joshua."

"How did you know his name?"

"Well when Soonyoung talked about Seokmin before the breakup; he talked about  Jeonghan and Joshua, who I now know as you two, and how they were the cutest couple ever and how he wanted to be just like them with Seokmin."

"Oh, I sense venom in your voice."

"Who, me? There was none."

"Uh, yes there was."

"Nope."

"I agree with Jeonghan, the venom was there."

"No there wasn't."

"Yes I believe I heard it when the name Seokmin was mentioned."

Ugh, why do they have to bring him up?

"Was that a growl I heard?"

Oh god!

"Protective now are we?"

"Um, no?"

Oh god, this isn't going to turn out good!

~Jeonghan Pov~

"Well when Soonyoung talked about Seokmin before the breakup; he talked about Jeonghan and Joshua, who I now know as you two, and how they were the cutest couple ever and how he wanted to be just like them with Seokmin."

He practically growled when he spat out Seokmin's name.

Over protective boyfriend material, how cute!

"Oh, I sense venom in your voice."

"Who, me? There was none."

Awe, he looks so innocent!

"Uh, yes there was."

"Nope."

"I agree with Jeonghan, the venom was there."

"No there wasn't."

"Yes I believe I heard it when the name Seokmin was mentioned."

Did he just....?

"Was that a growl I heard?"

His eyes widened and a light shade of pink ghosted over his pale cheeks.

"Protective now are we?"

"Um, no?"

"You sure about that?"

"Ugh. I just don't want him to be sad anymore!"

He'd be great friends with Soonyoung.....unless they could be more!

"That- That thing doesn't deserve his love!"

He got angrier and angrier as he continued talking.

"He doesn't deserve the tears he made Soonyoung shed."

Awe, he's too cute!

"Soonyoung didn't do anything to deserve this and when I see the bastard I will beat him for hurting my Soonyoung the way he-"

Jisoo smirked as Jihoon stopped his sentence abruptly.

"Your Soonyoung aye?"

"Um...I- I didn't mean that I j-just meant that S-Soonyoung deserves better?"

"Your Soonyoung?" I repeated.

"I wish. Sadly he's not my Soonyoung."

Awe!

"He's just- he's-"

"He's what Jihoon?"

"He's so beautiful."

"Oh."

"He doesn't need makeup and he sure as hell doesn't need Seokmin in his life."

"You really like him, don't you?"