Chapter 3

Fanboy

Bangtan was given the day off after yesterdays album signing. Jungkook had been walking aimlessly through the streets of Seoul, the members were being mean and didn’t want to go out and play with him, when he saw a small coffee shop. Deciding he wanted some iced coffee, he walked up to it. Before opening the door, Jungkook saw a short orange haired male going around cleaning the tables and smirked. 

He walked up to the register, watching as the orange head walked over to the counter. Jungkook was surprised that the shorter hadn’t noticed it was him. It was amusing seeing how Jimin was not really paying attention as he welcomed him and asked for his order. 

“I would like an iced caramel coffee, please.”

“That’ll be- Jungkook?”

“Well thanks for finally noticing, Jimin.”  Jungkook smirked. Jimin blushed and smiled brightly back at him telling him the total of his purchase. Jungkook paid and Jimin handed him his receipt. The store was empty. Jungkook went and sat at a table. He was bored. He didn’t know what to do for his day off. He couldn’t do much since he had practice tomorrow morning and didn’t want to be tired. 

Jimin approached Jungkook, placing his drink on the table. Jungkook turned and thanked him. “You’re welcome. Do you need anything else?” Jungkook reached for his coffee and took a sip. “It’s good. Hey Jimin, aren’t you going to ask where the rest of the members are? Or why I’m alone?”

“Don’t take it the wrong way, but I don’t think it’s any of my business. I’m really excited that you’re here and all, but even though you’re an idol that I admire a lot, you are a customer. I feel like it would be rude. You probably got the day off and came here to relax, no?” Jungkook smiled. He really liked how Jimin was blushing as he said all of this. He also liked that he was such a considerate fan. Most would come and bother him, asking to take pictures or get an autograph. He couldn’t blame them though. He knew he was talented and good looking. 

“I’m bored. Keep me company?” Jungkook asked looking at Jimin with the puppy look he knew his hyungs couldn’t resist.

“uhh..well, I would love to, but I’m kind of working right now…”

“When do you get off?”
 
“uhh…” Jimin turned and looked at the clock that was on the wall behind the counter. “..in like 5 minutes?”

“Oh! Awesome, I’ll wait for your shift to end then!” Jungkook smiled at Jimin and took another sip of his coffee. Jimin smiled back before going back to cleaning the tables.

Jimin was a little skeptical about this. Why would a famous idol want to hang out with someone as plain as him? Jimin was feeling a little nervous but excited nonetheless. He would be hanging out with an idol, his idol, how could he not.

Jimin’s shift came to an end and he walked towards his manager, bidding him goodbye before walking to the back to change out of his uniform. He walked back into the coffee shop to see Jungkook playing on his phone and noticed two girls on a table not too far giggling and sneaking pictures of the idol. 

Jimin walked towards Jungkook and sat on the seat across from him. Jungkook looked up at Jimin as he sat down. “You all done?” Jimin only smiled and answered with a small nod. “Let’s go then, it seems like someone already noticed who I was.” Jungkook motioned in the direction that two girls were seated with his head as to make a point. Jimin only nodded again before following after Jungkook as he stood up from his seat. 

They walked out of the shop, Jimin turning to look at Jungkook. “We’re not actually going to hang out, right?”

“Huh? Do you not want to hang out?” 

“No no, I would love to spend time with you, I just thought you were joking. I mean, why would you, an idol, want to hang out with me, some random person?”

“But you’re not ‘some random person’. You’re Jimin, a fan of mine. You came to the signing event yesterday.”

“What? You remembered me? But how? There were so many fans in attendance.”

“Well duh, how do you think I know your name? I mean, there weren’t that many male fans at the event, nor were they as cute as you.”

“I thought you had just read my name tag…” Jimin was blushing. His cheeks a very noticeable crimson color. How could he not. His idol had just told him he remembered him from yesterday and had called him cute. 

Jungkook only laughed a little as he saw Jimin’s blush. “Let’s go.” And with that they started walking away from the coffee shop. Jimin had no idea where they were going. He was just following after Jungkook. 

“So, how old are you Jimin?” He asked as he turned and looked at the shorter one walking beside him.

“Older than you.” 

“Awe~Come on, Jiminie~. It’s only fair you tell me. You probably already know almost everything about me.” Jimin laughed at the pout on the younger’s face. 

“I’m 20, turning 21 in October.” 

“Oh~ You’re short for your age~” Jungkook teased.

“Watch it you brat, I’m still older even if you’re a famous idol.”

“I’m only kidding. I’ll call you hyung then. So, hyung, do you know where we’re going?”

“...” Jimin looked around. They had been walking for a while now, Jimin had no idea where they might be headed. “ No, I don’t, so why don’t you tell me where we’re going.” 

“Mmm...I actually don’t really know what we should do. I kinda just want to sit somewhere and talk over lunch or something, you know? To get to know you better, but I feel like maybe that would be boring for you, so I was heading to the park? Or do you have any better idea?” Jimin sighed.

“So you don’t know… I wouldn’t mind lunch, but it’s still too early. It’s not even 10 yet. I guess we can go to the park, but won’t that attract to much attention since you’re a celebrity?” 

“..yeah..”

“Then I don’t want to go to a place with too many people. I don’t like the attention.” 

“Then let’s go to your house!”

“Uhh...my house?”

“Yup! You have video games, right?”

“Yeah, I do. But-”

“Then let’s go play!”

“But we don’t know each other that well for us to just go over each other’s houses. We just met. Why would you want to come to my house? What if I am a bad person and kidnap you or something?”

“The fact that you’re worrying over my safety is proof enough that you’re not a bad person. Besides, we can talk and get to know each other while playing video games. Problem solved!” Jungkook smiled at Jimin.

Jimin sighed and turned to stare at the floor, debating whether or not he should bring him home. On the bright side, he would have his idol home. On the down side, He would have his idol home. Home. In his house. In his room, full of BTS stuff. Full of Jungkook stuff. ‘It should be okay as long as he stays out of my room.’ He thought. The console was in the living room. So there was no reason why they should ever go in his room.

Deciding it was the better option, since he didn’t want people staring at him because he was with an idol. He agreed, leading a very happy Jungkook home. Jimin only hoped he wouldn’t regret his decision. 

~~~

[A/N] Hello~ so I’ve decided to kinda update every Thursday, if you hadn’t already noticed. It’s mainly so I can pace myself, cause I probably would get to lazy to finish the story. I hope I can keep up with it. 

So! How are you guys liking the story? Is it too rushed? I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore. I had trouble deciding what to do. Let me know what you think of the pacing. Is it too rushed? Is it okay? Let me know your thoughts please! I really love reading all your comments, so drop a comment? Please? Don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already.

I also want to thank everyone who upvoted my story. You guys are awesome!