UNDENIABLE

UNFINISHED

I stood waiting outside the venue for any signs of Junjin. There’s only 5 minutes to go before the event starts but he is still nowhere to be seen. I decided to call him.

“Hello? Junjin where are you?” I asked trying to make myself sound calm.

“What where am I? Why are you looking for me?” He laughed at me like I told him a joke.

“Aren’t you supposed to come with me to M’s Mini Concert?” I was confused. My heart however started to sink naturally.

“No – I asked somebody else to be with you. I am stuck on heavy traffic and I don’t think I can make it. My junior told me he is on his way already. Wait for him. He is the one who fixed your laptop. He is older than you, just the same age as mine but I am his Hyung so call him Op –” Junjin’s line got cut off in the middle of his sentence and our conversation ended like that.

“What’s his name?!” I was still able to ask this and the battery of my phone died. What kind of sorcery?

WHY NOW. WHY.

I got surprised when young man approached me and smiled shyly as he waved his hand at me. He’s wearing a white knitted jumper under a black long sleeve. His messy dark brown puppy hair compliments his baby face; he looked so much younger than me with his warm caring eyes. He sprinted towards me and bowed right away as he introduced himself.

“I’m Andy.” – The same well-modulated voice that I heard over the phone came out form his smiling lips. It melted my heart right away as I listen to him now. He stood in front of me awkwardly as he tries to say something more.

“I’m sorry to introduce myself late. It was nice to meet you. Junjin Hyung sent me your photo before going here that’s how I recognized you. Hmm. I hope for us to have a great time.” He shyly looked down as he extended his hand towards me to shake my hand for the first time.

“Ahh – It’s nice to meet you. Thank you for fixing my laptop too. I think we need to go inside, the mini concert will start shortly.” I said as I tried to act cool. I need my chills back.

I trembled as we shook hands. I can’t deny it. This gentleman – he stole my heart without even knowing it. I smiled with the hope that I am not blushing in front of him and handed him his ticket to change the mood. Andy led the way to go inside to find our designated seats. Minwoo started to sing a love song as the lights dimmed.

“Did you already have your dinner?” Andy asked under his breath as he tried to speak politely.

“Oh, not yet. I went here right away after my shift in the office.” I thought I’d be awkward, but it seems I became comfortable with his presence right away. He is such a warm person.

“Okay then, let’s stop by KFC before going home. I’m craving for chicken, I don’t know why.” He told me with a smile and I can’t agree more.

I nodded right away and chuckled with amusement.

FIN