UNSEEN

UNFINISHED

It was a bright Friday morning. I opened my window to greet the sun. The sky was so clear, it was like a light blue blanket spread over the horizon with white thin feathery clouds scattered all over it. The breeze that touched my skin early this morning is still moist with the smell of freshly bloomed flowers. The scent invaded my senses it was from my brother’s well groomed orchids hanging outside his window next to mine.

Eric Oppa lives just next to my apartment and will always drop by whenever he can. Our schedules don’t match as well so it’s also hard for us to meet. I went out to leave and he even left a packed lunch for me outside my door with a note on it – “Eat on time”.

Today will be a beautiful day; everything seems to be going well. I got a cab as soon as I stepped out of our building. Great! I won’t be late today!

I walked to my desk casually and didn’t expect that my laptop will be there already waiting for me. I immediately opened it to check if it is working already – and it was as good as new. I can’t believe it myself. My desktop somehow appeared unrecognizable, he organized the files for me and there was a text file saying “Read Me”

I opened it and it says:

Sorry for reorganizing your files, I just thought it will be more convenient for you. I also had a lot of free time so I decided to do so. I installed anti-virus on your laptop and included some easy steps on this note to teach you how to maximize the use of your computer. Just let me know if you need help next time.

The note ended there; WITHOUT A NAME. I know it was him but, how am I going to address him right? I decided to rush to their department’s cube only to see nobody – their area space is like a zombie area.

I don’t even know how to get in touch with him, I think I will just ask Junjin. This invisible man is so hard to catch. I would like to treat him to KFC to thank him for what he did.