UNEXPECTED

UNFINISHED

“Can you do me a favour?” Dongwan asked randomly while I am doing my final edits for my presentation. It looks like he is up to something. His squinting eyes are hiding his giddiness. My boss is so obvious.

“What is it?” I pulled out my earphones to listen to him more attentively.

“Can you – please stop working so hard and have a break? Here, go to a music event and give me our client’s brief. I asked Junjin to come with you. My brother Minwoo gave me two tickets for his live session tonight. I asked my best friend Hyesungie to come with me but he rejected me as usual.” My boss slowly slipped two tickets under my hand as he smiled to me sheepishly.

“You know that I don’t have anyone to be with right? And I don’t want to go there by myself again since I’ve been going there every now and then – even without a ticket so please attend for me.” He knows I like this sort of stuff. It is also not a secret to him that I am a fan of his brother.

His best friend Hyesung owns the café where we always go – of course he can’t attend because he is also busy. Hyesung just makes it up to Dongwan when he goes there every morning to give his deprived bff a free coffee but the thing is; I know that Hyesung is also planning to surprise Dongwan this weekend. He asked me about where my boss goes for mountain climbing and cycling.

I nodded in agreement. He probably knew that Junjin needs a break too. He’s been so busy lately. We need to breathe sometimes. I checked the ticket and it will start an hour from now. I better leave early.