39

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]May I...?[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Part 1/2

 

After all that hectic mumbo-jumbo before graduation, it's only fitting for the graduates to have a two month-vacation before they go on to their respective colleges.

 

A month later, the college freshies decided to come in their rented dorms to tidy up their spaces.

 

Eunjoo's mother had wanted her daughter to stay, the daughter eventually convinced her mother that living in a dorm room was more convenient than coming back home everyday.

 

"You can always stay at the Byun's if you feel lonely at home without me," Eunjoo suggested to which her mother happily accepted.

 

Currently, Eunjoo was hugging Jungkook's waist, because they were on a motorcycle on their way to Eunjoo's university dorm building. At first, Eunjoo was surprised the Jeon boy even knew how to drive a motor bike. She had thought Jungkook wasn't one of those boys who were obsessed with motors and cars, but then again owning and driving one doesn't immediately means Jungkook's a car maniac.

 

She had comfortably sat behind Jungkook what with her wearing a pair of washed out boyfriend jeans and a gray crop-top as Jungkook's red plaid button-up long-sleeved shirt was tied around her waist because the top was too high to his liking.

 

Eunjoo had shown her appreciation by snuggling warmly onto his (attractively broad and fragrant) back whenever they were at rest due to the red light.

 

Tied securely in front of Jungkook was Eunjoo's huge mountaineering backpack which actually contained a few clothes and Eunjoo's desired bed sheets and maybe a few small pillows and stuffed animals. The rest of her clothes were on the other backpack strapped onto Eunjoo's back.

 

After passing through a moderately heavy traffic, the two had eventually arrived at Eunjoo's university campus. As soon as Jungkook had parked his motorcycle, he had readjusted the heavy bag onto his back before reaching for Eunjoo's hand.

 

Despite it being vacation season, the university was packed with people. Most of them were freshies moving in to their new dorms and then immediately going out with new found friends or roomies. A few of them were sunbaes taking summer classes because they've failed a prerequisite course subject. A lot of them were the freshies' parents, afraid to let their precious children go, but willing to anyway.

 

Apparently, Eunjoo's mother couldn't come with and help her daughter with packing because she had important work that day. Of course, Eunjoo understood and honestly didn't mind.

 

Coincidentally, Jungkook had been in hearing distance as Eunjoo's mother apologized for not helping Eunjoo move in. So, trying to properly court his noona, Jungkook had volunteered to take Eunjoo's mother's place instead and that he himself will take Eunjoo to and from the dorm.

 

After filling out a few forms for the new resident and for the visitor (Jungkook), they made their way to the elevator. Once the doors closed, the two smiled as they were giddy to know that Eunjoo's room was on a high (15th) floor.

 

While on the lift, Eunjoo couldn't help but excitedly imagine what the room would be like and if she would be granted a magnificent view of the city. She also begins to imagine who her roommate would be. A gothic emo? A girly girl? A hippie gangster? A singer? A trendy fashionista? A nice girl? There were so many possibilities, but Eunjoo hopes she gets a good-influence roomie.

 

Even the hallway of the floor was packed with students and parents. She had noticed that a few doors were decorated customarily; probably showing the other residents what kind of people lived in those rooms. All the while, Jungkook held her hand tight, though he was very tempted to interlace their fingers because he didn't like how the loitering boys were eyeing his noona.

 

A few turns later, they had reached her room and with a swipe of the elite card, the door swung open. Seeing two pairs of shoes by the door told Jungkook and Eunjoo that they had company. But Eunjoo had giddily went ahead to meet her roomie.

 

She was relieved that her roomie was friendly and was very much a good girl. As academic as she was and as conscious of fashion as Eunjoo is. The other company was Eunjoo's roomie's boyfriend.

 

Her name was Hyerim and she introduced her boyfriend as Sungjae. "Your boyfriend too?" The roomie asked. To that, both Jungkook and Eunjoo blushed. But it was Jungkook who answered, "No... Not yet..."

 

Apparently, Eunjoo caught the trailing words at the end of Jungkook's statement as she blushed redder. The two other people giggled at their cuteness and soon excused themselves. Sungjae gave an encouraging pat to Jungkook's shoulder and suddenly they had become the best of pals with their wide grins.

 

When the couple had gone away into the noisy hallway, Eunjoo and Jungkook were left inside. Eunjoo stood up first, observing the other side of the room which her roommate had personally decorated to her own style. She smiled when she saw a collage of pollaroids posted on the wall beside the bed which were probably of the good times Hyerim and Sungjae had.

 

Retying the plaid shirt on her waist and gathering her hair into a very messy bun, she turned to see Jungkook already ping her bags onto her bare bed. "Let's get started, dongsaengie."

 

Jungkook groaned, turning to face Eunjoo. He immediately noticed Eunjoo's hair and sighed as he approached her to untie the bun. With his hands, he delicately gathered Eunjoo's hair into a neater bun, "I will not call you noona."

 

"It's fun teasing you," Eunjoo had moved away when Jungkook finished tidying her hair before going over to take out her bed sheet. "Please help me with the pillow cases?"

 

Without any complaints, Jungkook walked over and took the pillows and their cases. "You're two months older, it doesn't matter."

 

While Jungkook worked on her bed, she went straight to fixing her clothes and her packed underwear, sneaking in her habit of her lips and braces brackets. "It does. You call Taehyung and Jimin hyungs while I'm as old as they are."

 

"But they're different." Although not asked to, he went ahead and put on Eunjoo's elegant dark gray bed sheet that was in contrast with the white rose-printed pillows and plain fire truck red thick blanket.

 

"How so?"

 

Jungkook handed the rest of Eunjoo's rolled-up clothes to her while she hanged up the rest. "Because I like you...?"

 

Eunjoo tried not to let that get to her as she calmly, as best as she can, say: "And you don't like your hyungs?"

 

"I don't."

 

Upon finishing, Eunjoo closed the closet door (with Jungkook's unnecessary push with his hand) and sent the boy a pouty frown. She went back to lay down at her bed then stared at the ceiling thinking that Jungkook didn't even make sense with his reason. The next thing she new was red began to fill her vision and when a soft surface touched her face, she sat up.

 

"That's not nice," looking up to a grinning Jungkook, she tried to act unfazed and slightly mad. Seeing that he wasn't going to apologize for spreading her blanket on top of all of her physique (or call her noona), Eunjoo laid back down and fixed her red blanket around her body.

 

While closing her eyes and scrunching her brows, she had intentionally scooted, silently inviting Jungkook over to lie down next to her. But, instead he just leaned forward to tuck Eunjoo further in her blanket.

 

The strong whiff of a familiar manlier cologne invaded her nose, making her open her eyes to see the pale skin of his neck and his trusty white t-shirt.

 

When he had leaned away, Eunjoo realized she had been tightly wrapped by her blanket when she tried to struggle out of the cocoon. "Hey! Get me out of here! Jungkook..."

 

A corner of Jungkook's mouth tugged up, but it didn't look anything like a smirk. He sat down on the space available at the very edge of the bed and just amusedly watched while Eunjoo struggled (adorably). Once in a while, her braces showed from her mumbling mouth, and Jungkook seriously just wants to give it a peck - a series of fluffy pecks - because her recent adjustment changed the elastics to pink - a very light shade of red (emphasis on red).

 

Eventually, Jungkook hauled the noona to sit up and began to un-tuck her. Expectedly, he knew once her arms were freed she'd send him a playful punch to his shoulder. He ignored Eunjoo's slightly mad exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter