36

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Just because...[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

"Oh my gosh mom, no. It'TS juTSt my graduation!" Eunjoo tried to run away, and it an easy pass when she was up against a half-a-century old woman.

 

"And it's just eye shadows! You wear eyeliners sometimes." Eunjoo's mother complained as she tried to corner Eunjoo but was failing miserably.

 

"That'TS becauTSe i uTSe that in my daily make-up." Eunjoo rolled her eyes.

 

"This isn't a normal day, is it? I am making it as natural as can be."

 

"What'TS with all the foundation and bright red lipTStick? Mom, i can uTSe juTSt face powder, a pink lip balm and a bit of eyeliner."

 

"You'd look bare when I snap photos at you when you're on stage."

 

"I am not wearing a red lipTStick or any eyeTShadow!"

 

Eunjoo's mother sighed with slumped shoulders, "Then I guess I have no choice but to execute plan b."

 

"What... What?" But before she could comprehend what her mother meant, Eunjoo felt herself being pushed down until her bum met the soft surface of a cushioned chair. Warm hands held her in place firmly as a familiar girl comes to present herself in front of Eunjoo.

 

Hana smirks at Eunjoo then spares an innocent glance at Eunjoo's mother. "Don't worry, Imo, me and Baekhyun will make sure she's prepped up for the graduation. I'll have my fun with torturing you right about now."

 

Eunjoo's eyes widened, but honestly she was disheartened to know that Baekhyun wasn't on her side. "Sorry Joo-joo. To make it fair, Hana noona's gonna apply some thick eyeliner on me for later."

 

'At least you look good with eyeliner, pretty bacon!' And when Hana approaches with a face powder sponge, Eunjoo screams.

 

+++

 

"It doesn't look that bad,"

 

Eunjoo thinks so too, but the natural pink matte lipstick Hana applied on her was making her just a bit uncomfortable. Hana thankfully didn't put too much eye shadow on her making Eunjoo's trusty eyeliner compensate with bringing her eyes out for the stage.

 

It was after all a special day and it didn't hurt to beautify herself once in a while, but she had first hand experience with her mother's horrible make-up skills. Eunjoo was glad Hana was a pro.

 

Eunjoo turns to face Taehyung as they walked along the slightly barren hallway. Of course the seniors would hang out there, by their lockers, reminiscing moments shared in their years of being in the high school level.

 

"I gueTSTS everyone'TS wearing eyelinerTS. TSeriously, I thought you were Baekhyun from afar... I'm impreTSTSed."

 

"Well, I’m more impressed by your blazer and tie."

 

"Tae, it'TS part of the uniform, and everyone'TS wearing it under their togaTS?"

 

"Oh, yeah, look I'm wearing one too!" At that, Eunjoo giggles and Taehyung guffaws at his own jokes.

 

"It's showtime guys! Let's go get our diplomas!" The batch president announced, sending the students around to hoot and to hurry towards the graduation venue. Amidst the crowd, Taehyung offers his elbow for Eunjoo while the girl slipped her arm in the crook of the boy's arm.

 

+++

 

As soon as the concluding rights from the principal had ended and the officials of the school had said their congratulations to the seniors, the graduates immediately goes up their seats and toss their toga caps up in the air.

 

After their well-behaved manners during the ceremony, it was time that they freely express their own excitement. From one corner, groups of students were huddled and crying and the other corner was filled with incoherent shouting and howling. To say the least, everything was a success especially the nostalgic graduation song.

 

The first to approach Eunjoo was of course her mother. They hugged each other, shedding a tear or two when her mother mentioned that her father would have been so proud of her - is very proud of her. Then her mother lightens the mood as she mentions that Eunjoo looked prettier in the photos what with her natural make-up on.

 

Next who came up to her were Baekhyun and his college girlfriend. Eunjoo had the opportunity to witness the couple make-out in front of her, but she didn't mind. Nobody minded the public display of affection because everybody was busy dealing with their euphoric emotions.

 

A lot of her batchmates had congratulated her, and she them. Some, mostly boys - her fan boys -, gave her small gifts and even asked for their picture with her.

 

Soon enough, Eunjoo had met up with Taehyung and Jimin. They rushed to hug her and then spun her around. Of course Taehyung mostly did all the work as he was obviously taller than the other two.

 

Almost as if it had been natura

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter