31

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Enough abuse, still not enough... [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

In her honest opinion, Eunjoo's junior year was the hardest; Geometry wasn't as easy as she thought it was; Korean History wasn't as sparing her a break; Statistics was just a pain in the head; let's not discuss about how difficult Chemistry is. Aside from those, she even had the personal difficulty of choosing her desired course and dream university. Her crooked teeth were the cherry on top.

 

Going into Senior year, it wasn't as hard as the previous year. Though Basic Calculus was hard, and Korean History just getting more unbearable every year, Eunjoo didn't have as much difficulty with getting high grades. The only thing wrong with her last year of high school were the tons of activities they had to accomplish.

 

Now that college entrance exams were covered, although the results are more nerve-wrecking than taking the test, the rest of the senior students were busier than ever.

 

With graduation practices and required report cards, they were all expected to take their finals earlier than they were used to. This also means that they were expected to submit tons of projects to different subjects in a span of three weeks as the day after will be the start of their exams.

 

"This is bullsh*t." Yoongi had given up on his "interactive" PowerPoint presentation about Korean History with lessons from Freshman year to Senior year as the topic as a project by sliding his laptop away. He might have done it if the coverage was just for the lessons of this last quarter, but the tons of lessons were just too much. And making it look cheery wasn't his forte.

 

"Watch your mouth, Min." Seokjin scolded, concentrating really hard on making a perfect triangle with the three pieces of rectangular mirror shards for his kaleidoscope Physics project. Beside him, Sejin and Hoseok were doing the same thing as he was.

 

"It isn't as easy as you think it is." Chanyeol stretched his neck. "I'm sure you won't be able to contain your curses when your Korean History teacher gives you this project."

 

"I've given up." Baekhyun banged his head on the table before sitting up straight again, "I'm just kidding. I need this to graduate. For getting into the same school as Hana."

 

"I want to have motivation too." Jimin sighs, stretching his fingers as he was furiously typing on his keyboard for his Music subject project. "I honestly salute you guys. How the hell do you even write a song? I'm still on my first verse."

 

"I'd rather stick with that project than this one. I thought Math was easy, I thought wrong." Said Namjoon and his thick stack of Mathematical problems he must solve.

 

"At least you’re on your 6th pamphlet, hyung. I haven't finished solving the 1st one." Jungkook whined, his body slouching further on his seat. He stole a quick glance at the person beside him.

 

Daint fingers typing furiously on the keyboard of a red laptop (Why must it be red too?). Eyes focused on the screen. Hair tied into a messy bun. White turtleneck sweater reaching up until her chin. A chocolate Pepero stick sticking out of one corner of her lips. Tongue darting out to at the lips then at the barbed teeth as soon as the biscuit stick is completely devoured.

 

Eunjoo completely drowned out everything else. She has to finish this before lunch break ends so that at home she goes straight to her Physics and Music project. They had one week more before the deadlines and if she decided to procrastinate, she wouldn't have any time left to study for her finals.

 

"Shouldn't you be working on our Literature project instead, Jimin? How many chapters have you written? The deadline's three days from now." Eunjoo butts in, but her focus was still at her screen. "Taehyung's on his 6th and I'm on my second to the last."

 

Their project was to write a sequel - an alternate ending or a continuation - with a minimum of ten chapters of the last literature piece - a novel - they have discussed. "Oh sh*t, I'm still on my 4th chapter!"

 

"Stop cursing," Minseok scolds.

 

"That's harsh news. I'm on my 6th chapter as well, but the deadline is tomorrow." Kyungsoo stops what he is doing and goes to continue his sequel.

 

"I won't be able to finish this at home. I'll get distracted!" Taehyung screams, not really taking everyone in the table by surprise.

 

"It's settled then," Seokjin packs up his things carefully then continued, "It's a sleepover. Actually, no. We're not sleeping. We're staying up all night to finish most of our projects. One must wake up the other if they start to fall asleep. Taehyung's place might be the perfect place."

 

"I'm bringing some strong black coffee."

 

Then the bell rang, and every Senior studen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter